• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet preview first 4 stages + screens (haters GET THE **** OUT)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/adv...6160799&part=rss&tag=gs_previews&subj=6160799

931114_20061031_screen001.jpg

931114_20061031_screen002.jpg

931114_20061031_screen003.jpg

931114_20061031_screen004.jpg

931114_20061031_screen005.jpg

931114_20061031_screen006.jpg

931114_20061031_screen007.jpg

931114_20061031_screen008.jpg

931114_20061031_screen009.jpg

931114_20061031_screen010.jpg

931114_20061031_screen011.jpg

931114_20061031_screen012.jpg

931114_20061031_screen013.jpg

931114_20061031_screen014.jpg

931114_20061031_screen015.jpg

931114_20061031_screen016.jpg

931114_20061031_screen017.jpg

Are they sticking with the weird control of the screen (As in, there is a box that you can move the aiming reticle in and the screen isn't affected until you reach the edge of that box)? That was my single complaint about the demo.

*I can't read the article from work.

datamage

Maybe it's just me, but screenshots don't do this game justice. In fact, I think it looks a little bland in screens.

Playing the game and seeing it in motion is another story however.

Fusebox

Banned
Those screens are just freakin WOW considering what the demo looks like in screenshots, and I trust Capcom to put a decent storyline behind it. This is gonna RAWK.

Chet Blevins said:
The captures look awful for example.

No wai. Some of them aren't very sharp but some of them like this one are hot:

931114_20061031_screen013.jpg

Miroku

They really need more shaders in this game. One to blend the snow edges with other environment assets would be nice, as the separation between walls and snow covered ground are really harsh looking.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
We have to note that there were a number of times where we were stopped dead in our tracks and just said "oh crap" as we saw what lay before us, much like we did in Shadow of the Colossus. The boss fights also called to mind Colossus', as you'll have to figure out how to take out these massive critters. The big differentiator here is that Lost Planet's much more action-oriented gameplay feels like a better fit for that kind of spectacle. Plus, you have more death-dealing options--think about how easier it would have been to take down a colossus if you could have just shot it in the face with a rocket launcher.

WOW!!!!!!

these screens are pretty bad

if I hadn't played this game in the (impressive) state it was like six months ago I would have zero interest. is it not becoming widely apparent yet how unrepresentative screens are of 'next-gen' titles?

nubbe

Shake Appeal said:

if I hadn't played this game in the (impressive) state it was like six months ago I would have zero interest. is it not becoming widely apparent yet how unrepresentative screens are of 'next-gen' titles?
what

datamage said:
Maybe it's just me, but screenshots don't do this game justice. In fact, I think it looks a little bland in screens.

Playing the game and seeing it in motion is another story however.

That's good to hear. This is the first time of seen pictures of the game and I was wondering what all the fuss is about. I actually don't know a thing about this game. So I gather it's good.

Dahbomb

Why are people hating on the screens again? This game is like the second best looking game on the Xbox360 EASILY. Plus it looks like all sorts of fun and very cinematic. This one will be a great title and I want to play it very badly!

My favorite thing about this game is how ridiculously clean everything looks. Great art direction.

sozo

Dahbomb said:
Why are people hating on the screens again? This game is like the second best looking game on the Xbox360 EASILY. Plus it looks like all sorts of fun and very cinematic. This one will be a great title and I want to play it very badly!

My favorite thing about this game is how ridiculously clean everything looks. Great art direction.

No one is hating on the screens. They're just saying that these screens don't do the game justice and that it looks better in motion. I totally agree with this. I've played the demo and loved it, but these screens just don't jump out as really impressive.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Shake Appeal said:

You're not supposed to go against GAF's flavour of the month, it's message board character suicide.

raYne

More like Found Planet.
In my game collection bitches!

That mini mech in a few pics already looks fun to use. Hopefully it's pretty quick.

MrToughPants said:
You're not supposed to go against GAF's flavour of the month, it's message board character suicide.
This is the longest "month" ever then...

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Mark Gonzales said:
Those screens suck. Bad textures FTW.

Yay. Take a swing at this pinata now.

God this shit is hot ****ing sex. The first half of '07 cannot come soon enough.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
WickedAngel said:
Are they sticking with the weird control of the screen (As in, there is a box that you can move the aiming reticle in and the screen isn't affected until you reach the edge of that box)? That was my single complaint about the demo.

*I can't read the article from work.

You clearly didn't play the game enough if you had problems w/ the controls.

Ranger X

What the hell at the haters here??

It's the first next-gen game as far as i am concerned. Ok, this and Gears of War.
Now bow down you basturds.

DaCocoBrova said:
You clearly didn't play the game enough if you had problems w/ the controls.

...I played through both portions of the demo several times. Sorry to shatter your little hype machine, but this game would be infinitely better with a system that controlled similarly to a Gears of War/Halo where the screen moves with the reticle at all times. It's awkward as Hell for the perspective to only change when the reticle hits the edge of the aiming grid.

Top Bottom