• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K17 Trailer - #FRICTION

Miracle

DLO baby! My Lakers gonna be fun to play with this year for the first time in a while. :)

Also LOL at Durant and Westbrook fighting for the ball at 0:40.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Not enough KAT in that trailer.

Not enough reminders that that Golden State Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the finals with the first ever unanimous MVP on their team.

This looks horrible btw. I dunno what they did but it looks like a step backwards. Butter, Griffin, CP3 look like shit. Durant looks way too skinny. Animations don't seem too lifelike.

Also can somebody gif the part at 1:45 with that DLO dance. :D

giphy.gif

ShutterMunster

Man, dead eyes galore--it stands out so much more now because everything else is incredibly lifelike. They've got to get on that, man.

Maybe I should rewatch this trailer. I'm definitely a fan of the series and am picking it up, but I wasn't wowed on the first watch.

Edit:Looked better the second time but I'm just ready to play it, I guess.

I wonder if that olympic gold is going to boost this higher than usual in the U.S. at least?

Don't really know if things like that have impact on sales :)

cHinzo

Hope they improved MyCareer and a lot of buggy shit. Don't like the new body types, but the faces do look better.

JackEtc

The real question is, will they finally have someone who's designed UI before do the menus this year?

OF COURSE NOT!

I don't know if it's series fatigue setting in or if it actually looks downgraded from previous years. I enjoyed how they setup online verses mode last year. Hope they expand on that further, though it's hard to hold hope with 2k anymore. They are the very examples of 1 step forward, 2 steps back approach.

I don't know if it's series fatigue setting in or if it actually looks downgraded from previous years. I enjoyed how they setup online verses mode last year. Hope they expand on that further, though it's hard to hold hope with 2k anymore. They are the very examples of 1 step forward, 2 steps back approach.

It's the same game. Again, And again. And again. That's all.

Series is getting plenty stale dominating the bball game market. Sucks but yea.

The only thing this trailer shows me is that they can cut some replay scenes together and put music with the video.

Sandfox

It's the same game. Again, And again. And again. That's all.

Series is getting plenty stale dominating the bball game market. Sucks but yea.

The only thing this trailer shows me is that they can cut some replay scenes together and put music with the video.

I would say they changed the game up last year, though whether or not you liked those changes is a different story.

Is this gonna have a story mode? The Spike Lee one was absolutely nuts and made for a great TBFP LP so I kinda want more of that.

Fuck Vic he wasn't a true FOF

Pit

So are they sticking with PG as the cover athlete. Oh and Kobe too, but surely there are others who deserved that over Paul.

FirmBizBws

Becomes baffled, curling up into a ball when confronted with three controller options.
So are they sticking with PG as the cover athlete. Oh and Kobe too, but surely there are others who deserved that over Paul.

Same thing I'm thinking, might as well have had derozan on the cover if you're going to go with a player on an irrelevant team.

Should have been Lebron or at least Irving or a warrior or Westbrook or somebody else.

Sandfox

Same thing I'm thinking, might as well have had derozan on the cover if you're going to go with a player on an irrelevant team.

Should have been Lebron or at least Irving or a warrior or Westbrook or somebody else.

Pretty much all of those guys have been on recent covers.

I still have no clue why they picked pg, he's a horrible choice.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
song choice was unintentionally hilarious

good trailer but i hope they've made more substantial gameplay changes. 2K16 was their biggest quality leap since 2K11.

ron_bato

Lol we're a month or so away from this game and all they've talked about in detail was getting people to pre-order the fucking game.

I'm used to the horrible 2k marketing cycle of slow drip feeding info and getting community members they've flown out to try their game to try to hype up their game, but this year is extra bad in terms of how much information they're giving the community.

Top Bottom