• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NIOH Beta Frame Rate Test (VG Tech)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0RamF4Wc7E

The Playstation 4 version of the Nioh beta demo uses different native resolutions depending on which game mode is chosen. Movie mode seems to run at 1920x1080 and, unlike the alpha demo, the resolution doesn't seem to drop below that. Action mode uses a dynamic resolution that seems to alternate between 1280x720 and roughly 1660x935.

From What i can see the first mission on Action mode runs almost at a lock 60fps but has a few frames in drops. The second mission seems to hover around at 56fps.

The Movie mode seems to pretty much run at a lock 30fps with minor 1 or 2 frame drops in this video which is at a full 1080p according to VG Tech.

BigEmil

Action Mode for me, kudos to them giving us the option more devs need to do this!
Hope this gets a NEO patch too

Hoje0308

Banned
Starting seem as if the name will be very appropriate, as it looks like it might benefit a good deal from an upcoming hardware upgrade.

Will be playing on Action Mode, regardless.

Permanently A

I've never heard of a game doing something like Action Mode, that's fucking amazing. This game is shaping up to really be something. Thank you devs for the choice!

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
It's great having this options on consoles.
I hope more developers follow this path.

warheat

This game seriously need massive optimization. I remember playing the alpha, when you drop some of your stuff on the ground (because your inventory will piled up pretty quickly) your fps take a massive hit (like lower than 30) even in Action Mode..

Fbh

Sound great.

Really love what they are doing with this game.
Better presentation at 30fps or worse presentation at 60fps is an option I would love to see in other games.

Wasn't a fan of the alpha but stuff like this has kept my opinion on the game positive

BigEmil

This game seriously need massive optimization. I remember playing the alpha, when you drop some of your stuff on the ground (because your inventory will piled up pretty quickly) your fps take a massive hit (like lower than 30) even in Action Mode..
This Beta is more stable than the Alpha was. The mass inventory drop isnt a big deal

You should check the video. The improvement over the Alpha is huge. The Action mode holds the 60fps pretty much all the time and there is still plenty of time for further improvement. The developers are doing a great job with this one.

warheat

You should check the video. The improvement over the Alpha is huge. The Action mode holds the 60fps pretty much all the time and there is still plenty of time for further improvement. The developers are doing a great job with this one.

I just did, but I didn't see any test where they drop bunch of stuff on the ground. So I guess it's already fixed?

warheat

Fuck off. Really? "Why can't we have more the game looks like shit already" is one step away from "Lazy devs".

Yes really especially when there are games with far better IQ and run at 1080p/60fps. And I never said nor that my argument leads towards the "lazy devs" so stop putting words into my mouth.

Top Bottom