• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fry's Friday (11/03) Gaming Deals

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
For some reason they have FFXII marked as "low price", but it's retailing for what Circuit City is selling it, at around $37.99. Additionally, all seasons of Stargate on DVD are selling for $19.99.

Console Bundles

Silver PSTwo
NBA Street V3, Choro Q, Full Spectrum Warrior, King Kong, XIII
$179.99

PSP
Madden 06, Franitix, Gripshift, Exit, Untold Legends: BotB
$259.99

XBox360 Premium
Ridge Racer 6
$399.99 - Eh, it's what the system alone retails for and you get a decent game.

Nintendo DS Lite
Sudoku Mania
$139.99

The Games

frys_games_110306.jpg

frys_games_110306b.jpg

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Why would you ever advertise something with a "before savings" price? Makes no sense.

I think that it's better than posting discount prices and then posting after rebate. This way the customer has no way of being decieved into thinking that a price is lower than it is. I do see your point though as you could miss out of deals if you aren't playing attention.

BTW, thanks tedtropy for posting this.

Brotherman said:
I think that it's better than posting discount prices and then posting after rebate. This way the customer has no way of being decieved into thinking that a price is lower than it is. I do see your point though as you could miss out of deals if you aren't playing attention.

BTW, thanks tedtrophy for posting this.

There are no rebates involved. The price of Gears of War, for instance, is $49.99 when you buy it, but it is advertised at $59.99 before savings.

This is not a before rebate / after rebate deal. There is no chance for being deceived into thinking that a price is lower than it is.

I've never seen any other store advertise this way.

Why, in the same ad, is Phantasy Star Universe advertised for $49.99, and not $59.99 before savings?

tedtropy

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
There are no rebates involved. The price of Gears of War, for instance, is $49.99 when you buy it, but it is advertised at $59.99 before savings.

This is not a before rebate / after rebate deal. There is no chance for being deceived into thinking that a price is lower than it is.

I've never seen any other store advertise this way.

Why, in the same ad, is Phantasy Star Universe advertised for $49.99, and not $59.99 before savings?

Yeah, it's a little odd. Not sure why they wouldn't emphasize their considerably lower price, especially since it's not like the savings is through some backdoor rebate/gift card. Maybe there's some goofy retail rule that prevents them from advertising their direct lower cost in certain instances.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Why would you ever advertise something with a "before savings" price? Makes no sense.

They've been doing this on a few selected games recently. No idea why. Maybe to screw people who pricematch? Still didn't stop me from pricematching the Lego Star Wars 2 sale a while ago

tedtropy

Wario64 said:
They've been doing this on a few selected games recently. No idea why. Maybe to screw people who pricematch? Still didn't stop me from pricematching the Lego Star Wars 2 sale a while ago

Yeah, that's probably true. Alot of places say they won't match a price unless they can see the ad and it's directly stated. Circuit City's been pretty cool with matching all of Fry's prices for me though.

dirtmonkey37 said:
HOly crap!!

I must buy Gears from Frys for 49.99!!!

Yes. You must.

Excellent. Gears of War for regular price. I don't have to break my next-gen pricing boycott (again).

I love Fry's. It's awesome and it's on the way home from work. Can't beat it. :D

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:

Sometimes the publisher doesn't like actual advertised sale prices, since it leads to other stores pricematching. I wouldn't be surprised if Fry's was asked to do it this way by Activision and Microsoft.

tedtropy

warcrow said:
Has anyone called a local Frys yet? This is all good, right? I want to get a Pink DS for the wife.

There's no reason it wouldn't be legit, that's actually a fairly unspectacular bundle for them. But hey, you get a game all the same.

Swordian

One thing to note is that this ad may not apply to all Fry's locations. There are location specific deals sometimes.

hyp

tedtropy said:

ummm, so do you guys know if Fry's is getting the CE in for Gears? i'd totally consider this if it's discounted. otherwise, i'm just going for the normal edition.

tedtropy

Eggo said:
So how much does FF12 cost? Is low price = $37 or $58?

tedtropy said:
For some reason they have FFXII marked as "low price", but it's retailing for what Circuit City is selling it, at around $37.99.

:D

Swordian said:
One thing to note is that this ad may not apply to all Fry's locations. There are location specific deals sometimes.

Yeah, but these prices tend to be pretty universal at most Fry's locations.

Top Bottom