• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Meeting over, PS Conf Japan over, PS4 Pro announced, where is Deep Down?

Greetings. Back when the first PS4 Neo rumours surfaced, there were some games rumoured to showcase its power and one of them was Deep Down. Now that PlayStation Meeting happened where they unveiled its release date, and today PlayStation Press Conference in Japan took place, the game wasn't present in any event.

What really happened to this exclusive? I hope it didn't fall "deep down" to the abyss of cancellation.

S1kkZ

Greetings. Back when the first PS4 Neo rumours surfaced, there were some games rumoured to showcase its power and one of them was Deep Down. Now that PlayStation Meeting happened where they unveiled its release date, and today PlayStation Press Conference in Japan took place, the game wasn't present in any event.

What really happened to this exclusive? I hope it didn't fall "deep down" to the abyss of cancellation.

this game is dead. the countless problems with the pantha rey engine (which cost capcom a TON of money), the fact that the engine is pretty much useless and will probably never see the light of day and the fact that we havent seen anything from dd in a very long time = game is toast.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Remember SFV server issues?
Remember how Deep Down was an online experience?

Yeah...

this game is dead. the countless problems with the pantha rey engine (which cost capcom a TON of money), the fact that the engine is pretty much useless and will probably never see the light of day and the fact that we havent seen anything from dd in a very long time = game is toast.

You mean that is why Capcom made another engine for REVII and chose UE4 for other games like Dead Rising 4 and SFV?

Ryuuga

Banned
The moment Monster Hunter Frontier F was announced I knew we wouldn't be seeing Deep Down for a while if in fact it's still in active development. Dragon's Dogma online, it's second season expansion and a newer iteration of MHF have been announced and or completed development since we have last heard anything on it officially from the studio behind it.

Ryuuga

Banned
Also obligatory:

jYEELta.png

S1kkZ

You mean that is why Capcom made another engine for REVII and chose UE4 for other games like Dead Rising 4 and SFV?

i think it was kagari (or another mod) that had a pretty good post about the engine and the problems with it. the failure of pantha rey threw a wrench in capcoms next-gen (now current gen) plans.

edit: it was nirolak, see ryuugas post.

Eggbok

PSX probably, most of Sony's first party studios have games announced already so I imagine Deep Down is being saved for that since it wasn't at TGS.

Ferr986

Game is probably completely different than originally planned, and probably being held until PS4 Pro has a large enough install base.

So exactly like now, it will never release (both because it doesn't make sense making it Pro only and because Sony won't allow it).

Some Nobody

This game doesnt exist. It's been shown off...twice? The Playstation Meeting and some random Japanese show, and never again, I think? It's done. They may try and retool it but...that's a maybe.

Ryuuga

Banned
Well those threads were from last year.
We had a glimpse of hope this year when the rumours and leaks about PS4 Neo were divulged that this game was being revived to take advantge of the new console power.

I mean not that it wasnt true at the time but PS4 Pro was also supposed to have 4k Blu-ray playback according to that rumor.

This game doesnt exist. It's been shown off...twice? The Playstation Meeting and some random Japanese show, and never again, I think? It's done. They may try and retool it but...that's a maybe.

They've showed it back at TGS 2014 but at that time Silent Hills was real thing too.

I mean not that it wasnt true at the time but PS4 Pro was also supposed to have 4k Blu-ray playback according to that rumor.

And
5.5 TFlops too. :p

Well those threads were from last year.
We had a glimpse of hope this year when the rumours and leaks about PS4 Neo were divulged that this game was being revived to take advantge of the new console power.
I don't get it. Osiris info was legit. Everything he stated turned out to be accurate. He always said it was two versions on the table, obviously we know which one Sony went with.

He said Deep Down was was still in development (he thought it was dead too) so at the very least they used a demo or something of the game to show off.

I don't know of many cases where developers don't come outright after a while and say a game is canceled, really what's the point in not?

If Capcom says it's still in development...

Really I just don't get it...just wait...

Why do we have to know status updates of companies work flow just because they create products.

I don't get it. Osiris info was legit. Everything he stated turned out to be accurate. He always said it was two versions on the table, obviously we know which one Sony went with.

He said Deep Down was was still in development (he thought it was dead too) so at the very least they used a demo or something of the game to show off.

I don't know of many cases where developers don't come outright after a while and say a game is canceled, really what's the point in not?

If Capcom says it's still in development...

Really I just don't get it...just wait...

Why do we have to know status updates of companies work flow just because they create products.

They have to confirm if this game is cancelled or still alive. Many thought that The Last Guardian was dead too but Sony denied that by reannouncing it eventhough it got delayed too many times. Same for FFVersus XIII which became FFXV.

BigEmil

PSX is its LAST chance. If it doesn't appear then 100% dead simple as. They renewed the trademark for it recently and it's the ladt time they can do it.

Top Bottom