• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Pixel Event 2016 |OT| #madebygoogle

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016-09-19_21-07-51-800x492-1-800x492.png

Date and Time:
October 4, 2016 9:00 AM PDT
Just throwing credit out to giga for the formatting idea. I've never done an OT before so I just pulled a Google and copied the Apple format.
/s

Livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4y0KOeXViI

Liveblogs:
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016...l-phone-event-starts-tomorrow-at-9am-pacific/
http://www.androidcentral.com/google-pixel-event-live-san-francisco-oct-4-900-am-pt-noon-et
http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/10/03/google-pixel-event-liveblog/

What to expect
-Pixel and Pixel XL Smartphones
-Google Home Devices
-Chromecast Ultra
-Google WiFi
-Android 7.1
-Google Daydream headset.

Pixel and Pixel XL
-New Brand of Google devices running Google's new Pixel Launcher skin with software tweaks that deviate from standard "Stock" Android.
-Will be available at the Google Store and through carriers ( Possibly Verizon exclusive).
-Flagship level specs and pricing.
-Will be compatible with Google Daydream VR.
-Pricing rumored to start at $650 for the Pixel.
-Rumored to launch October 20th with preorders starting October 4th.

Google Home Devices.
-New smart home devices meant to rival Amazon Alex.
-WiFi equipped speaker.
-Supports Google Cast.
-Will work with Google Assistant.

Chromecast Ultra
-More powerful than standard Chromecast.
-Capable of running 4K content.
-Price rumored to be $70.

Google WiFi
-New Google Wifi device replacing the OnHub brand.
-Rumored price is $130.
-Multiple routers can be linked together to create one large network. (Rumored)

Android 7.1
-May include Google Assistant Support.
-Includes "Launcher Shortcuts" Which is similar to 3D Touch in the sense that icons can have further actions when you do X input (Presumably a swipe) to them.

Google Daydream Headset
-Meant to be used with a supporting Android phone.
-Pixel Phones will likely support Daydream.
-Rumored to be priced at $80.
-Will come with handheld controller that features motion tracking.

Glad we finally have an OT!

I'm in for a Google Home and a Pixel XL to replace my Nexus 6. Wish the phones were a little more exciting, but maybe there's some secret sauce they've kept under wraps.

Glad we finally have an OT!

I'm in for a Google Home and a Pixel XL to replace my Nexus 6. Wish the phones were a little more exciting, but maybe there's some secret sauce they've kept under wraps.

The new Google Assistant is secret sauce imo. Its far more advanced than Alexa, Siri or Cortona.

(If its exclusive to the new phones)

Oh damn, I didn't know Daydream would be here.

Are rumors saying it's only going to be Pixel phones supporting it? I hope the 6P will work.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I'm holding out hope they announce the Pixel phones as their premium line, and keep the Nexus as mid range.

They won't.

Chris R

100% expected to be letdown by nearly everything about this phone.

Prove me wrong Google!

Otherwise, off to Amazon to buy something by lunchtime today to replace my dying Nexus 5 :(

snacknuts

we all knew her
Looking for justification to drop $650 on a Pixel. Also excited to see Google Home and how it plays with Nest stuff, since I'm already four devices deep into the Nest ecosystem.

So excited yet dissapointed I gotta be at work soon so I can't watch it live. I'll be refreshing as often as I possibly can.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I can see why the Pixels would be pretty disappointing if you were looking up upgrade a 6P, but ya'll gotta stop getting new phones every year. On a two-year cycle they're pretty alright.

clav

I can see why the Pixels would be pretty disappointing if you were looking up upgrade a 6P, but ya'll gotta stop getting new phones every year. On a two-year cycle they're pretty alright.

On a 5 year cycle, a new phone sounds good.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Home with sick kiddo so I can watch the stream today vs having to live blog it.

Got the stream up already on my TV.

I want Home, Daydream headset, Chromecast Ultra, and maybe the XL, but I'll get none of them because I stay in a perpetual state of brokeness.

Hope they show off Andromeda too.

This thing has been leaked all to hell, can they actually show us something we don't already know about?

Google Magic was mentioned in the Verizon product listing. It could just be marketing speak for Google's new Pixel launcher.

(please let the price be cheaper)

This please. Unless they unveil some absolutely revolutionary feature it's overpriced by the rumors.

Pricing is confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom