• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nomura talks Final Fantasy VII Remake in Dengeki PlayStation

Exentryk

--Finally, please tell us more about the [FFVII REMAKE] that has caught the world's attention.

Nomura: If it had past materials like [KH], the basics would have been easy to understand, and the staff can understand the hurdles we've had to overcome, but at any rate, the battles in [FFVII] have greatly changed from the original, since they're something with more action in them. The next time I release information about [FFVII REMAKE], I think that I'll definitely have to explain the specifics of what the battle system has become to the players. I think right now that nobody is really able to imagine a concrete battle, so I'm in the middle of coming up with steps that I can show and explain to people, “It's this kind of battle.”

--Sounds like you're breaking your backs over remaking what was originally a command-based battle system into an action style battle system.

Nomura: We've heard a lot of [FFVII] fans also say that they want to play the game with the original ATB style, but for the remake we're proceeding toward an action-heavy style. Of course, we've added systems that future fans will be able to enjoy, so people who are bad at action-style battles, please don't worry. For those who excel at action-style battles, we're working to make this a system that's different than what you've used before and can still enjoy. Recently, we checked the Guard Scorpion at the beginning of the game, and I think you'll be satisfied with the realism you'll feel there.

--2017 is also the 20th anniversary of [FFVII].

Nomura: Like with the 15th anniversary of [KH], I'm thinking I'd like to plan something or other. It's just that, since we've been keeping busy with productions, including the game [WOFF] that I showcased today, I don't think I will be able to share any new news until after things calm down.

Via KH13.com.

Action-based reconfirmed is pleasing to hear.

And I'm increasingly thinking the first game really will be out next year.

Ishida

Banned
These interviews with Nomura actually take me back to those dark ages when he was in charge of Versus XIII.

The whole part with "we need to wait until other games are released until we can give more info on FFVII Remake" actually reminds me a lot of "we need to wait until FFXIII and Type-0 are released, and then it will be Versus' time to shine".

Those were the days...

And then posts like Ray's, remind me of what we said of Versus each and each year.

Sounds like no news this year imo.

:(

"Information ban... would like to plan something..."

Good ol' Nomura.

Exactly this. :p

kai3345

Banned
with how long it's taken XV and KH3 to come out, is anyone actually expecting this thing to come out anytime soon?

Mcdohl

So now news at PSX? Well shit

KH3 is basically confirmed for PSX.

Last year, when they revealed FF7R, they said more info coming this winter and indeed more info came at PSX.

Now the same happened this year with a KH2.8 hinting for more info on KH3 this winter.

synce

Man, whenever I'm reminded that Nomura is in charge of this it's like a punch to the gut. Every time. Please don't turn it into Advent Children x Kingdom Hearts

Exentryk

Be interesting to see how this battle system turns out. Usually trying to appeal to both action and turn-based fans is a tough challenge, and it ends up pleasing no one. So, let's see.

Ray Down

Banned
KH3 is basically confirmed for PSX.

Last year, when they revealed FF7R, they said more info coming this winter and indeed more info came at PSX.

Now the same happened this year with a KH2.8 hinting for more info on KH3 this winter.
Winter also drags into 2017, KH also normally has something for Jump Festa. KH at PSX is not confirmed at all. Unless Horri and team are finally ready to reveal more about 11.

Koozek

Fortunately Tabata is available soon to take over FFVIIR and get shit done so we see at least the first episode before 2021.

120v

BREAKING: "FF7redux will be a game that can be played"

kidding aside i think it's on track for a reasonable release. like first half or 2018 at the very latest. assuming it's fairly linear and covers the midgar parts i can't see another versus scenario

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I have an idea, lets release the remake next year.

Ishida

Banned
I still wonder... How much time will they take between each episode?

Let's say there will be 3 episodes, and the first one releases in 2018.

How much of a lifespan are we expecting from the current gen consoles? I mean, by 2020 we should already be playing on the PS5 and XboxTwo.

I wonder how this whole remake is going to be handled, timing wise....

Don't they have to get Part 1 out next year for the 20th anniversary of it?

They don't have to.

These interviews with Nomura actually take me back to those dark ages when he was in charge of Versus XIII.

The whole part with "we need to wait until other games are released until we can give more info on FFVII Remake" actually reminds me a lot of "we need to wait until FFXIII and Type-0 are released, and then it will be Versus' time to shine".

Those were the days...

And then posts like Ray's, remind me of what we said of Versus each and each year.

:(

Exactly this. :p

Though, tbh honest, I prefer Nomura making "no-comment" over him going to Molyneux/Sean Murray route and talking up game without showing anything.

Pejo

At least he hears the fans about being nervous about a full-on action battle system. I'm totally cool if we have options.

HeelPower

What did everyone expect ?

They were rushed by Sony to produce unwarranted hype.

FF7R was announced at a stupid time.They already had FFXV and KH3 to release and promote.Obviously the game had to wait.

Top Bottom