• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin'en are working on games for the Nintendo Switch (FAST Racing Neo developers)

nOH2JAF.png

Wii U shots ^

These guys have always done incredible stuff with Nintendo hardware and easily have some of the best looking games on the Wii U. Can't wait to see what they do with the Switch!

Andyliini

Great to have more talented developers for Switch. Indie-scene looks to be good, whith at least Shin'en and mage & Form on board.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
The more devs working on Switch the better.

Cerium

With the new hardware they must be as happy as pigs in mud. Can't wait to see what kind of graphics they achieve.

Not a bad idea but the Nintendo Selects version recently came out in Europe with DLC on the disc, by the sounds of it you already have the base game though.

I double dipped for physical and will triple dip for Switch.

Yeah, I already have the base game.

If that physical version were coming to the US though, I'd buy it in an instant. :(

It would be pretty cool if they worked with Nintendo on an F-Zero game.

Well last we heard they were trying to get Criterion to develop F-Zero, it would be logical for them to turn Shin'en given they've proven themselves with FAST Racing Neo. Only thing is they have a ridiculous team of like 6 people. Nintendo would need to help out with the development but I can see it happening.

ika

I hope the Switch does well in the first year so third parties don't run away scared like with the Wii U and the support actually grows... So far there's so good news... Can' wait to see what Shin'en can do in UE4...

Evilmaus

Expected, but still great news!

I'd totally trust these guys with F-Zero, provided they're given a decent budget to work with.

Hell, even if it's another original title, I'm sure it'all be stellar.

random25

Go with original titles, imo. I feel like F-Zero needs to be done once again in-house. Mario Kart 8 200cc proves the people from Kyoto can do it.

And yeah, glad to see them on board!

I know them for the Iridion series. Iridion 3D had mindblowing graphics back in the day for GBA (I think it was one of the launch games). Really showed what the console could do.

Pinky

Banned
I hope it's something new. FAST Racing Neo port would be a bummer.

I'm thinking a port and a new game. I know they're a very small group, but I wonder if they've been working on a new game that was originally intended for Wii U and decided to move it over to Switch. I'm also curious to know if they have dev kits yet and, if so, for how long.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
A remaster of F-Zero GX by Tantalus or Shinen makes most sense. It would just take so many resources for an original F-Zero game that can top the labor that went into GX.

Top Bottom