• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Swaps Pixar Sequels: ‘Incredibles 2’ Now Set For 2018 & ‘Toy Story 4’ 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armadilo

Banned
Article

Looks like we’ll see more of Mr. and Mrs. Incredible and the kids before we revisit playtime with the Toy Story crew. Disney said today it has flopped the release dates for Pixar sequels The Incredibles 2 and Toy Story 4, with the superhero clan moving up to June 15, 2018, and the adventurous playthings pushed back a year to June 21, 2019.

could care less about toy story 4 but Incredibles 2, Yes please

Toy Story 4?! I didn't even know that was a thing. That severely bums me out. Toy Story 3 was a masterpiece. I'm positive Toy Story 4 will shit on its legacy.

Can't believe they only decided to give us a sequel to The Incredibles fourteen years after the first.

I can. These days Pixar is only capable of producing sequels. How long until we get a Brave 2?

SpaceWolf

Banned
Toy Story 4?! I didn't even know that was a thing. That severely bums me out. Toy Story 3 was a masterpiece. I'm positive Toy Story 4 will shit on its legacy.

I'd be skeptical if they didn't already tell us it was going to be a romantic comedy that'll see the return of Bo Peep as she gets back together with Woody.

The distinct lack of Bo Peep in Toy Story 3 was a crime against cinema.

TEJ

I can. These days Pixar is only capable of producing sequels. How long until we get a Brave 2?

Yet they released two non-sequels last year...

I know right?
giphy.gif

I'd be skeptical if they didn't already tell us it was going to be a romantic comedy that'll see the return of Bo Peep as she gets back together with Woody.

The distinct lack of Bo Peep in Toy Story 3 was a crime against cinema.

This.
Bo Peep's return would validate a sequel.

Yet they released two non-sequels last year...

That's fair. But of their last 7 movies, 4 were sequels, and two of those originals were just average.

They've released two original films in the last two years, and have another one coming next year.

And 3 sequels planned.

People said this stuff about Toy Story 3 too before it came out.

Yeah, I was one of them, now that you mention it. But still, I've lost a LOT of faith I had in Pixar movies. Toy Story 3 was 6 years ago now.

adj_noun

I look forward to Incredibles 2 with anxious anticipation, Toy Story 4 with optimistic nostalgia, Coco with piqued curiosity and Cars 3 with stoic fatalism.

cyba89

Do we know if Incredibles 2 will be a "14 years later" kind of thing or will it still have kid Dash and baby Jack Jack?

Akahige

Do we know if Incredibles 2 will be a "14 years later" kind of thing or will it still have kid Flash and baby Jack Jack?
We no nothing like that.

I'd prefer if they didn't go the Finding Dory route and have it set close to the first film.

Ashhong

I'm positive many people thought the same after Toy Story 2 and look how 3 turned out

Blader

That's fair. But of their last 7 movies, 4 were sequels, and two of those originals were just average.

And 3 sequels planned.

So what? Some of their sequels are good, some aren't. Some of their originals are good, some aren't.

I think Pixar's own track record has kind of proven that sequel doesn't automatically = bad movie. So I'm not sure why the idea that "Pixar only does sequels now," even if it were true, is some lamentable thing.

smurfx

get some go again
what's toy story 4 going to be about? that little girl growing up and getting into make up or whatever like jessies old owner did?

DedValve

Banned
what's toy story 4 going to be about? that little girl growing up and getting into make up or whatever like jessies old owner did?

It'll be a mockumentary of how the toys must learn how to set up and create a successful twitch stream channel.

Strike

As long as it's still coming, I don't care. Incredibles 2 is the only sequel I ever really wanted from them.

Does Toy Story 4 being pushed back twice (a year each time) indicate script issues or am I reading too much into it?

Could be issues, or it could just be that they're not rushing it to theatres and want to nail it, and have plenty of other movies to fill in anyway (Incredibles 2 is far more anticipated). I wouldn't put too much into it until we start hearing rumblings.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if they've retooled it once or twice.

Reset

I'm still surprised they're making a sequel to the Incredibles when the first one was so boring and forgettable. :|

SpaceWolf

Banned
I wonder if the sequel will finally clear up one of the world's greatest mysteries: whether Mirage actually had superpowers.

I'm still surprised they're making a sequel to the Incredibles when the first one was so boring and forgettable. :|

tumblr_liw7jbsUk91qa4bito1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom