• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seasons coming to Diablo III on Consoles

This announcement was sort of buried in the other Diablo III thread with the Necromancer and D1 remake stuff. Confirmed in an interview with Eurogamer.

https://youtu.be/FMbYOaKW25g?t=299

Hopefully this means they've finally got a solution for the hackers, or Season characters will be stored on their servers.

Dredd97

I like it, and regarding hackers, I guess they'll go down the overwatch route and just perma ban the ones they catch..

It will be interesting how they impliment it though...

Wallach

I'm guessing Seasonal characters are going to be online-only.

Still, it's great news, as it is probably the one thing that keeps me playing the PC version of this over PS4. I'll be especially happy if they add Pro support in their next patch.

Great news. Better late than never I suppose.

I really wish they stored ALL console characters on their servers or at least offered the choice for each individual. Would have made the online experience that much better being able to play with only secure players.

Arent the hacked characters upgraded from the 360/PS3 versions? If they need to make a new character every season on current consoles it wouldn't need to be online only.

Foxxsoxx

Maybe I'll rebuy it one day if I ever get it with a fucking price drop. Played the original on PS3 but every time I go to the store this is still $50.

Arent the hacked characters upgraded from the 360/PS3 versions? If they need to make a new character every season on current consoles it wouldn't need to be online only.

It would still be possible to do the easy duping though if your character is stored locally.

PepperedHam

Really excited for this news. One of the few things still keeping me tied to my PC version. I love playing the PS4 version a lot so this pretty much solidifies it as my main version.

Thanks Blizz!

I am not an avid PC player. Can someone explain to me what Seasons actually expand upon the base game?

At the start of a new season, seasonal characters can be made. They start at level 1, can only be played with other seasonal characters, and I think they have their own paragon level as well. Blizzard adds new items and sets that only seasonal characters can acquire. There are leaderboards, not sure for what all categories, I know one is highest level rift compelted. At the end of the season, all seasonal characters become non-seasonal characters. Part of the incentive to play seasonal characters is the new stuff, another part is competing on the leaderboards.

Up to this point, when PS4/XB1 get a patch, all new items and changes are available to all characters. On PC you have to wait for the season to be over if you want the new stuff for your non-seasonal characters.

I've never played a seasonal character, so hopefully I got all the details right.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
At the start of a new season, seasonal characters can be made. They start at level 1, can only be played with other seasonal characters, and I think they have their own paragon level as well. Blizzard adds new items and sets that only seasonal characters can acquire. There are leaderboards, not sure for what all categories, I know one is highest level rift compelted. At the end of the season, all seasonal characters become non-seasonal characters. Part of the incentive to play seasonal characters is the new stuff, another part is competing on the leaderboards.

Up to this point, when PS4/XB1 get a patch, all new items and changes are available to all characters. On PC you have to wait for the season to be over if you want the new stuff for your non-seasonal characters.

I've never played a seasonal character, so hopefully I got all the details right.
Pretty much. It's basically an excuse to start over and play the game again.

Starting with season 5, one of the rewards is an extra stash tab, and you can earn 1 extra tab per season.

anddo0

This announcement was sort of buried in the other Diablo III thread with the Necromancer and D1 remake stuff. Confirmed in an interview with Eurogamer.

Hopefully this means they've finally got a solution for the hackers, or Season characters will be stored on their servers.

Saw this video last night.. Ton's of great features coming to D3. The other thread is a toxic wasteland.

Anyway, I'm super excited we're getting Seasons on console.

Wallach

Blizzard actually retired seasonal-only drops, though there are still guaranteed rewards associated with completing the "seasonal journey" challenges (such as Haedrig's Gifts, seasonal portraits, transmog set, etc). The draw for seasons is really the leaderboard reset and opportunity to start anew and the seasonal journey rewards.

JP

As a PS4 player I had to look up what "seasons" were but I pleased with this announcement. Diablo III is one of the top games on my "I really hope this gets some PS4 Pro improvements" list although it may just be too old for that.

Cool, you'll finish the season and your character will be back with all the other hacked characters and the "gain 50 levels when you kill a minion" thing.

Blizzard needs to fix the whole hack thing, it should be the top priority.

That sounds like a great way to start over again once this hits consoles. Thanks for the explanation.

Cleve

I never understood why the ps4/xbone versions didn't have some sort of sanity check on gear in the first place.

All the hacked stuff is rings with 3 sockets, or "fast russian swords" with damage ranges that can't actually be rolled by the generator. Shit like that should be straight forward enough to detect. Hopefully they have a solution in mind if they plan on having seasons.

BigEmil

There are only hackers is because they allowed last gen users to move their hacked save files so then they can pass the hack to others, I'm sure they could've done something to stop this but they didn't

Farewell

Good to hear!

But i don't see how they can add seasons with all the hacked gear around, they must have a solution for that otherwise it would be pretty pointless.

Caelestis

Feels like it's a bit late to the party, but I'll take it. Playing this on a console always felt more comfortable for me so may be I will finally get into it.

Cincaid

Amazing news! Have they mentioned anything about dates?

Other than this I'm somewhat disappointed regarding Diablo news from Blizzcon. I thought the D1 "remake" would be a standalone thing, not an extra adventure mode in D3. And a new class is cool, but I was hoping for a new expansion (or even Diablo IV). But I think it's quite amazing how much better the game is today (and soon even better for us who prefer the console version) compared to its original release.

DagsJT

Ive got vanilla Diablo on PC and Diablo on PS4. I play at a desk with PC and console connected to the same monitor.

So is it worth me buying the expansion for PC? Does PC support controller? Or should I just wait for the PS4 patch? I also can't remember if there's much graphical difference between console and PC.

Solrac

this is a huge new, late , but huge.

right now is impossible to play this game on console without any friend, all online is full of hackers.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Do season characters get deleted when the season is over? Or can you keep them forever?

They become non-seasonal characters.

As long as I can still play offline with non-seasonal characters I'm completely fine with this, the main reason I got the console version was to play offline, tried D3 on PC again recently and the lag made me give up.

Edit: in before "I can play just fine, with no lag" responses.

Top Bottom