• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blue Dragon Xbox 360 vs Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Frame Rate Test

Hugstable

Banned
Well that's awesome to see! Hope they can bring it to Xbox store digitally soon, would really love to play it again

shandy706

I had never played through BD.

I love how fast this loads and how I can fly through regular encounter battles in seconds. No long loading or intro shots.

mike4001_

Emulator is finished since a few months.

I suspect we will not see anymore dips below 30/60 fps even when the game struggled on Xbox 360.

c0de

How is that even possible?

1zuoV6U.png

RyudBoy

Never played Blue Dragon and I didn't watch the whole video, but does this game not have any music?

Anyways, another solid effort by the MS software team.

muzzymate

Huge fan of the backwards compatibility program. The fact that game after game is now proving to work better in the emulator than on the original hardware is stunning. Especially true since people were saying that backwards compatibility couldn't be done at all, considering the relatively weak Xbox One CPU.

Edit: I'll also add that my favorite part is just how smart it's been implemented, bringing all the benefits of the Xbox One, such as game streaming and recording... making digital titles just pop up in the "Ready to Install" section... pulling in cloud game saves... etc.

Never played Blue Dragon and I didn't watch the whole video, but does this game not have any music?

Soundtrack is pretty good effort by Uematsu. Probably had the music track turned off to avoid Youtube copyright strikes or ad-revenue grabbing.

Hugstable

Banned
<3 love you xbox team

Seriously the team that's been working on all this Backwards Comp stuff is just amazing. Even if I haven't gotten the game I wanted yet the most (Tales of Vesperia), they are doing a hell of a job not just bringing over games constantly now, but also making them run better than they even did on Xbox 360.

jediyoshi

Impressive. Surprised Microsoft hasn't looked into marketing this improvement somehow, it's not like the PS4/PS4 Pro situation where they're of the same gen or are focusing on both platforms.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wow.

That is *VERY* impressive stuff. They've got some real amazing engineers working on the emulation.

Almost makes me want an Xbone. Not being able to play this, Lost Odyssey, and my Cave shmups was one of the reasons I didn't make the upgrade.

Felensis

Banned
I would love to play this and Lost Odyssey. Why won't Multi Disc games get a digital release? If you fire up a 360 disc on One it loads the digital version nevertheless, isn't it?

Theorry

I would love to play this and Lost Odyssey. Why won't Multi Disc games get a digital release? If you fire up a 360 disc on One it loads the digital version nevertheless, isn't it?

Its more about license i believe. It is supported see Mass Effect and EA Access.
But i guess its more this.

Because EA Access is your license that's all it needs to check for.

Since you can't buy it digital yet, you can't play it digitally because you don't actually have a license. Why isn't it for sale yet? I have to assume they're running into issues getting it up and running on an actual xbox 360. Remember the emulator is removing the need for multiple discs, I'm guessing they will push out an update to the xbox 360 OS to handle it the same way the emulator does before they put the games up for sale.

I guess technically they should be able to put it up for XB1 only but then they might run into licensing issues (having 2 licenses for the same game) when they do eventually make it available on the 360 - which they will so it can go on GWG etc.

(Note that I'm just guessing and have no idea why it's not, but it makes a little sense to me, at least)

I'm getting closer and closer to selling my 360 and just buying an xbox one this black friday (unless Sony allows full mod support for FO4 and Skyrim, which I doubt.)

BouncyFrag

I'm not being snarky but want to know what's so great about this game. I'm not usually into jrpgs but will check one out every now and then.

Can one of the 'why isn't this available digitally' posters please explain why they just can't order or pick up a physical copy and play the game?

It's not like they are expensive, any potential digital copy would probably be more costly. It's not like it's inconvenient, putting one disc in a drive to play the game. A game you apparently really want to play.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be available digitally, but why go without when you don't need to.

icespide

Banned
Can one of the 'why isn't this available digitally' posters please explain why they just can't order or pick up a physical copy and play the game?

It's not like they are expensive, any potential digital copy would probably be more costly. It's not like it's inconvenient, putting one disc in a drive to play the game. A game you apparently really want to play.

I refuse to buy discs any more, physical used copies of blue dragon and lost odyssey are quite expensive considering how old they are and how in demand they are now

cireza

It was pretty obvious playing the game that it ran way better. I hardly noticed any drop on Xbox One.

Impressive work.

Synth

Because discs suck.

I actually own Blue Dragon on disc already, and still want a digital version. I'm lazy enough that requiring me to switch discs influences what I play. I realised this mid-way through last gen (gravitated to XBLA games), so I went 100% digital this gen on both XB1 and PS4.

Top Bottom