• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket league Approaching 8 Million sold. Half of sales from PC. 2M ea from PS4/XB1

The other half split evenly between Xbone and PS4 this does not include people who got it for free on PS+. No clip just posted a 28 Minute interview with Jeremy Dunham from Psyonix. Lots of good stuff there but I found this part surprising. I knew it sold very well on PC(and still does as it is always a top ten seller on Steam) but not 50 percent of entire sales. keep in mind this is not half of the playebase since A LOT of the people got this for free on PS+. Great success story especially since a PC version wasn't planned initially.

Link

5taquitos

Can't watch the video at work, does the 8 million include PS+ copies? I can't quite tell by your post.

Either way, super phenomenal success, glad to see it after the awesomeness that was SSARPBC.

PC release was smart, especially since it's a cheap, pick up and play competitive game that can run on a toaster. Tons of kids play this game, it's not CSGO or Minecraft level but it's definitely incredibly popular with the younger crowd.

Can't watch the video at work, does the 8 million include PS+ copies? I can't quite tell by your post.

Either way, super phenomenal success, glad to see it after the awesomeness that was SSARPBC.

It does not. This is 8 million sold. The number of PS+ downloads cannot be disclosed.

Corpekata

Banned
I think RL is the only "free day 1 on PLUS/Gold but paid for on other day 1 (or close to day 1) platforms" success story still so far. The key reason is, aside from general quality, seems to be multiplayer. Other titles like Furi and Earthlock seem to get ignored.

viHuGi

Banned
Deserved.

They should do a Open weekend so more people can play this masterpiece.

My favorite game of the Generation alongside Until Dawn and Bloodborne.

I haven't played it since early 2016 but if Sombra doesn't reignite my interest in Overwatch I know I'm going to reinstall Rocket League.

5taquitos

I thought they weren't allowed to do things that would give people a competitive advantage? Or was that just a rumor?

The general rule is you can't change the target framerate for multiplayer games. So if a game targets 30 on the OG, it can't target 60 on the Pro. If the OG targets 60 but never reaches it, the Pro can provide a more stable 60 (see Battlefield 1).

Rocket League targets 60 on the OG, so there's no reason a Pro mode couldn't make it more consistent.

Great game and one that will last the whole gen and beyond. If it wasn't for PS+ I doubt it would have gained the success it has now.

Well-deserved. Great game and did a fantastic job at cleaning up SARPBC for a wider audience. Really hoping for a PS4 Pro patch to really extend the lifetime. If it gets it then my house will continue to play this for a very, very long time.

Top Bottom