• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HELL YEAH! I just got this thing for free!

Wife went to pick up a GCN Wavebird for me....well evidently the lady working the register at Walmart didn't realize that she DID NOT scan the actual controller when dragging the other assorted items. My wife didn't say a word and immediately called me on the way home to give me the good news!

Also reminds me of another time when I got Dragon Quest VIII for free because I took an extra copy back to Best buy (ordered online) and when I gave it back, the guy for some silly ass reason refunded me :)

...anyhow, wanted to make this thread to share stories about situations like this

GO!

tiger%20woods.jpg

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
This is really lame. Things like this have happened to me once or twice, but I've always gone back and pointed out the error. Normally I wouldn't criticize or judge, but you made a thread applauding this behavior. That's nasty.

Zonar

AgentOtaku said:
Wife went to pick up a GCN Wavebird for me....well evidently the lady working the register at Walmart didn't realize that she DID NOT scan the actual controller went dragging the other assorted items. My wife didn't say a word and immediately called me on the way home to give me the good news!

Also reminds me of another time when I got Dragon Quest VIII for free because I took an extra copy back to Best buy (ordered online) and when I gave it back, the guy for some silly ass reason refunded me :)

...anyhow, wanted to make this thread to share stories about situations like this

GO!
3zrew61_th.gif

sky

3zrew61_th.gif

(edit: haha beaten...)

I'm pretty sure I found 10 bucks on the ground one time, as a kid. But that could also have been from a movie... :/

Dragmire

Mejilan said:
This is really lame. Things like this have happened to me once or twice, but I've always gone back and pointed out the error. Normally I wouldn't criticize or judge, but you made a thread applauding this behavior. That's nasty.
And it begins. You know not what you've done.

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
This is really lowly behavior on the one hand. On the other hand, it's Wal Mart. Crap store with cheap products and every Wal Mart I've been in makes my skin crawl. Employees generally hate working there. Screw Wal Mart for sucking ass and screw cheap ass thievery, too.

Gigglepoo

CO_Andy said:
This is just bad as returning items back to Wals-Mart without a receipt.

Um, Walmart allows people to do that. You can do it twice per year. The hardest part of advertising is getting people in your store. By allowing people to return merchandise without a receipt, Walmart is getting people who may not come into their store looking around.

CO_Andy said:
This is just bad as returning items back to Wals-Mart without a receipt.
Not if the item you're returning is acquired legally. This is theft we're talking about in this thread. Don't confuse the two.

TheGreatDave said:
Meh, Walmart aren't gonna care, it's a good thing for all concerned.

....which is why I wasn't upset about this...

......they are the 2nd largest employer in america and make 32495p7243 zillion dollars a year

...one misplaced wavebird isn't gonna break the bank =/

I got a wave bird for free at the wii lunch. I brought a tv, gc and smashbros and we played it out of the back of my friends hatchback and stole power from future shop. At one point we hade like a 20 man smash bros ternament and someone brought a wavebird that they didn't take out of the car so now I have it.

I feel bad for the guy that lost it

Father_Mike said:
I got a wave bird for free at the wii lunch. I brought a tv, gc and smashbros and we played it out of the back of my friends hatchback and stole power from future shop. At one point we hade like a 20 man smash bros ternament and someone brought a wavebird that they didn't take out of the car so now I have it.

I feel bad for the guy that lost it

If the morality crew are going to give the OP shit for taking a Wavebird the employee failed to scan, you should hop on this dude for stealing Futureshop's power. That electricity isn't free, man.

way more

AgentOtaku said:
....which is why I wasn't upset about this...

......they are the 2nd largest employer in america and make 32495p7243 zillion dollars a year

...one misplaced wavebird isn't gonna break the bank =/

Ah, the Faceless Corporation argument. Every shoplifters best friend.

I once found a $20 in the ATM cash dispenser. I felt there was no conflict in me taking it.

Az987

all good things
M3wThr33 said:
Do you feel that was worth your soul?

yea, have fun in hell sinner..

JKing I steal shit from walmart all the time.

I'll even stab you for looking at me wrong, bitch!

makaveli

Banned
Az987 said:
yea, have fun in hell sinner..

JKing I steal shit from walmart all the time.

I'll even stab you for looking at me wrong, bitch!
yeah walmarts a bunch of retards it so easy to take stuff from there

emomoonbase

I'm free 2night after my LARPing guild meets.
What do you expect when they hire the lowest common denominator to handle thousands of dollars worth of transactions every day. Tough shit to walmart I say.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
YES! STEALING ROCKS! GO THIEVERY!

Here`s an example of what WOULD have been acceptable: Some years ago, I was at the bookstore with my father, who is a huge DC fan, along with me. We found a copy of the Kingdom Come hardcover special edition, which neither of us had ever seen. We brought it to the counter, and the dude had no idea that it was the special edition, instead ringing it up for the regular edition (which is $10 USD less).

Notice, I still paid for it.

See the difference now?

I don't see what's so wrong about this.

I mean c'mon, it's frickin' Wal-Mart. If we're going to police morality, they are first on the gallows.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
pol's voice said:

I mean c'mon, it's frickin' Wal-Mart. If we're going to police morality, they are first on the gallows.

Two wrongs don`t make a right.

pol's voice said:

Laws thrown asunder! Justification reached!

Lots of things are illegal that shouldn't be...lots of things are legal that shouldn't be.

At any rate, this thread is headed in a bad direction. So I'm bailing!

pol's voice said:
Lots of things are illegal that shouldn't be...lots of things are legal that shouldn't be.

Stealing from a store is one of those things that should be illegal. Jeeze, what is wrong with you?

thetrin

krypt0nian said:
Stealing from a store is one of those things that should be illegal. Jeeze, what is wrong with you?

Maybe pol is really Winona Ryder.

pol's voice said:

Wait, did you just imply that stealing should be legal?

Edit: beaten

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
If you really want to get shit for free, get a gun, hide in a dark alley (preferably around a Best Buy or Circuit City) and wait for some fool who lives close by that walked to the store to get a PS3/360/Wii/70" SXRD HDTV and run that shit!

Think big time bitch!

Top Bottom