• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did we forget about The Last Guardian?

entremet

I loved the first two Ueda games, but I fear this game is gonna be lost in the Holiday deluge of releases. And I'm a mega fan of the loose series.

Why is this game falling under the radar?

Moreover, could we say that Japan Studio is basically irrevelant in Sony's strategy going forward. Make me sad as an old school Japan Studio fan.

Loudninja

Eh Sony release like 2 trailers in the past few weeks,we had new previews and more gameplay as well.

People at this point are avoiding spoilers.

FelipeMGM

I loved the first two Ueda games, but I fear this game is gonna be lost in the Holiday deluge of releases. And I'm a mega fan of the loose series.

Why is this game falling under the radar?

Moreover, could we say that Japan Studio is basically irrevelant in Sony's strategy going forward. Make me sad as an old school Japan Studio fan.

Wait, what?

They shipped/are shipping a bunch of games this gen, they produced what for many is the game of the generation (Bloodborne), they are involved in multiple VR projects which is another front Sony is putting a lot of efforts in it.

I dont think thats a fair thing to say it

Sanjuro

Are there any pre-order loot crate bonuses or Frito Lay promo codes for it?

Otherwise, it's going to drop fast.

entremet

Wait, what?

They shipped/are shipping a bunch of games this gen, they produced what for many is the game of the generation (Bloodborne), they are involved in multiple VR projects which is another front Sony is putting a lot of efforts in it.

I dont think thats a fair thing to say it
I think FROM takes more of the credit with Bloodborne, same with Demons.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
It's on the forefront of my gaming wishlist for these holidays.

Unison

The $60 pricepoint is a buzzkill for me, I must admit.

I get the impression that it's not very varied or lengthy, and I feel like it will plummet in price quickly, so I can wait.

Patrick S.

Banned
This will probably never release on PC, right? If this reviews well, I'll really have to start looking into getting a PS4.

seat

I'm excited to finally play it, but let's not pretend that it doesn't look dated. Given the development hell this game went through, I would not be surprised if Last Guardian doesn't disappoint, at least a little bit. Have to keep those expectations in check.

FelipeMGM

I think FROM takes more of the credit with Bloodborne, same with Demons.

Sure, FROM is the developer and the responsible for the creative process, but still thats a Japan Studio produced title. And thats only one of the points I demonstrated.

I feel they are at least trying to be more relevant and focused, specially since Allan Becker's arrival

I preordered a few weeks ago

And I think the quiet is more people wanting to go in as blind as possible. Sony is definitely doing a solid marketing push

Billboards in Manhattan and elsewhere, and on buses. New gameplay released. Cinematic trailer shown in movie theaters etc.

I'm hoping for an Inside turnout. Tons of praise, for a long-awaited dev of an influential game

It's at the forefront for me but its a packed end to 2016. The launch was never going to be big but this seems the worst time in a long while for such a game to be released.

People say its dated but if you don't get ico then you won't get this game. People ask where's the sense of wonder gone in games these days, well it's right here in spades.

I'm very excited for it. However because Sony has purposefully kept most of the game under wraps I think people are getting tired of seeing the same few areas and puzzles shown over and over so it's killed the buzz a bit.

Things will pick up when the game launches and just before for those annoying / lucky souls who manage to snag an early copy. Provided impressions are positive of course.

I first preordered it something like 7 years ago lol I am not convinced I will see it come through my letter box in a few weeks.

NYmanutd

I haven't. Can't wait to get my hands on it, i get the feeling the boy is the one helping trico not the other way around.

I'm still bummed that it getting delayed wound up bumping Gravity Rush 2.

Makes things easier on my wallet but still. Grumble grumble.

The $60 pricepoint is a buzzkill for me, I must admit.

I get the impression that it's not very varied or lengthy, and I feel like it will plummet in price quickly, so I can wait.
I mean, what's your definition of variety? You can have simple mechanics and very varied scenarios/gameplay. Look at the range of locations and situations in Brothers or Shadow of the Colossus or N++ and so on/

Personally, the recent trailers haven't done much to convince me it's worth buying. This is coming from someone who'd probably put SOTC in their top 20.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
It wouldn't really be a Ueda game otherwise, would it?

It'll get largely ignored at release, then by the time PS5 comes out it'll be considered one of the games of the gen and everyone will act like they loved it all along.

Gusto

Forgot? Boo this man! Was at E3 when it was announced and was there when it was reannounced lol day one baby.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Ive got it preordered but not sure if Ill want to pay full price for a short single player game.

As much as I loved SotC, might just wait for a price drop. Already waited 7 years, whats a few more weeks.

SirNinja

It's coming out in a packed time of year (it doesn't help that, in one week, there's also that other game that's finally being released after an eternity of development), but I and a lot of other GAFers are definitely going to make some time for it when it finally comes out. We didn't forget!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
In terms of GAF hype I'm actually a bit surprised at the lack of threads. I don't think we'll get the pre-release hype that we saw in the "Peru FFXV" thread for instance.

I think the game will actually do decently when it's all said and done. Over a million units sold worldwide at the very least IMO.

PowderedToast

it will have legs

in terms of 'hype', i feel people are just burnt out with the waiting game at this point. i'm sure the excitement will return as the disc is put in.

Did we forget about a niche game that's not going to sell that well?

Nah. I'm buying it day one but the excitement is where I'd figure it would be.

Top Bottom