• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyber Monday online sales top Black Friday online sales, PS4 #1/XB1 #2 for electronic

Thx to ethomaz.

CYBER MONDAY 2016 IS LARGEST ONLINE SALES DAY IN HISTORY WITH $3.39 BILLION, beating Black Friday 2016 (3.34bn)

http://www.i4u.com/2016/11/118242/cyber-monday-2016-largest-online-sales-day-history-339-billion

Cyber Monday 2016 ht a new record with $3.39 billion spent online, a 10.2 percent increase year-over-year (YoY). This will mark the largest online sales day in history, surpassing Black Friday ($3.34 billion) by a narrow margin.

The five best-selling toys in terms of quantity sold on Cyber Monday were Lego sets, Shopkins, Nerf, Barbie and Little Live Pets, and the five best-selling electronic products were Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox, Samsung 4K TVs, Apple iPads and Amazon Fire. Mobile continues to drive the majority of visits to retail websites on Cyber Monday at 53 percent (44 percent coming from smartphones, 9 percent from tablets), while accounting for 35 percent of sales (25 percent smartphones, 10 percent tablets).

The products most likely to run out-of-stock include Beats By Dr. Dre Headphones, Garmin Vivofit Jr., Nintendo 2DS with Yo-Kai Watch Game

Most popular products of the season: For the entire season so far (November 1-28), PlayStation 4 is the best-selling video game console, Pokémon Sun & Moon leads in video game sales, Samsung 4k TV leads in television sales, and iPad Air 2 leads in tablet sales.

So, with XBOX One winning BF and PS4 winning CM, can we agree it's a draw? ;)

I'm in disbelief. I didn't see any ads for Cyber Monday and I figured it was a thing of the past, since when Black Friday first started stores weren't completely into the online shopping game (thus why CM was created) and that everyone just had all their sales on friday now- online and in store.

Rocketz

I was waiting for the press release to see how the client I work for did but nothing on Cyber Monday yet. Black Friday they had one out mid afternoon.

Elandyll

Banned
Thx to ethomaz.

CYBER MONDAY 2016 IS LARGEST ONLINE SALES DAY IN HISTORY WITH $3.39 BILLION, beating Black Friday 2016 (3.34bn)

http://www.i4u.com/2016/11/118242/cyber-monday-2016-largest-online-sales-day-history-339-billion

So, with XBOX One winning BF and PS4 winning CM, can we agree it's a draw? ;)
Not really, considering that the same data gives PS4 as winning the whole Month of November, and PS4 winning CM (which counts for December NPD).

This being said, as noted many times, this is just an online sales estimate, and afaik retail reigns supreme around the Holidays (well, aside for CM, but I guess by now CM is just an extended BF week end for them).

flkraven

Why don't we stop acting like children and agree both consoles are selling well?

Or we could keep going with getting emotionally attached to our consoles and vehemently defending our choice of console online.

Whatever

Is that happening here? All I see is a sales-discussion thread and you in it preaching.

Why don't we stop acting like children and agree both consoles are selling well?

Or we could keep going with getting emotionally attached to our consoles and vehemently defending our choice of console online.

Whatever

People are interested in sales, some have another agenda.

But why even bother coming into sales threads when you don't care anyway?

Lkr

Whatever
Wii U definitely shit on both of them this Black Friday shopping season ;)

crosscounterblacklagoon.gif

Chrisdk

I think it's more interesting to see people picking up 4K TVs. Seems like it might pick up faster than some people thought.

Shock32

Whatever

I enjoy reading about sales without being attached to a console. Sales are the stats of the industry, like sports and wall street. Goes for anything.

I think both Sony and MS will have enjoyed fantastic sales apiece and welcomed hundreds of thousands of new MAU's into their ecosystems.

Great time to be a gamer with new hardware, software and technology getting rolled out from now until this time next year. Exciting!

I enjoy reading about sales without being attached to a console. Sales are the stats of the industry, like sports and wall street. Goes for anything.

If we're going to use that analogy then I might as well chime in and say that the consoles and platform holders are the sports teams of the industry? And I'm very emotionally tied to my teams. Someone tells me my NY Mets suck then it's on.

I agree with Chambers, NPD threads are great and as long as the fanboys don't get too nasty I enjoy the back and forth banter as well. Rail as we want against it, it's also part of the industry and always will be.

Krakatoa

I was not even looking to upgrade to my PS4, but I couldn't resist a 339 PS4 Pro on Amazon. Especially when I could trade in my old PS4 for credit towards it.

Toni

I was not even looking to upgrade to my PS4, but I couldn't resist a 339 PS4 Pro on Amazon. Especially when I could trade in my old PS4 for credit towards it.

What!?

Had I known that before, I would have jumped without hesitation. I did not know Amazon had trade-in credit, I have Prime and everything for christ sakes

Hopefully they do a repeat of this for christmas sales :(

jrcbandit

I don't understand the high sales, it seems like all the good deals were dead by Monday and/or out of stock. Most of my purchases were on Thursday evening with a few on Friday. Looking at the deals online, the best were earlier in the weekend other then the Best Buy Visa Checkout going on Sunday.

What!?

Had I known that before, I would have jumped without hesitation. I did not know Amazon had trade-in credit, I have Prime and everything for christ sakes

I only trade in games too Amazon these days, especially since they now give you the credit to your account upon submittal, and they often have really good trade in rates for older things since they have a much better gauge of consumer interest.

IE: my new unopened white dual shock 3 controller sold for around $50 whereas GameStop would have likely laughed me out of the store.

They also give you free shipping labels. If you're sending in games, just run to the dollar store and get a few packs of yellow bubble wrap mailing envelopes. They are just barely big enough for a PS4 sized game.

I get plenty of Cyber Monday advertisements through email, not so much for gaming though, Audio Production stuff. I gathered from another thread Cyber Monday just misses out November NPD, so may make a difference for December. BF could help push NPD for MS again, but Sony also had Pro launch as a booster and they still sold a ton on BF so I dunno maybe Sony takes it this month. December NPD will be interesting though with the sales of Cyber Monday on board.

Fuchsdh

I'm in disbelief. I didn't see any ads for Cyber Monday and I figured it was a thing of the past, since when Black Friday first started stores weren't completely into the online shopping game (thus why CM was created) and that everyone just had all their sales on friday now- online and in store.

My email got bombarded with deals from the Mac retailers, NewEgg, Best Buy and the like. Still kind of crazy it's now bigger than Black Friday, but I guess a lot of the deals basically are the same running through the weekend.

Elandyll

Banned
What!?

If last year is any indication, the week right before Xmas is nuts. There were deals even better than BF then.

Top Bottom