• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

That moment you realize you can no longer be a fan of an artist you've enjoyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

I just had one of those with Kid Rock. I know...it's Kid Rock, but I could enjoy some of his less rap infused music where he tried to be a country singer or a classic rock singer.

Anyway, today, I see he's made this t-shirt:

15284163_10154593343670049_4774338046232874873_n.png

I know this shirt is probably old, but I'm just now seeing it for the first time.

And nope. Not a fan anymore. It's not even that he's a Trump supporter. I try not to let political views skewer my enjoyment of an artist. But this t-shirt is B.o.B.'s Flat Earth Theory levels of stupidity. Calling part of our country Dumbfuckistan? GTFO of here. Looking at Kid Rock's website, he went all in with his Trump support merch I see...but this shirt still takes the cake.

Actual link to buy the shirt for the skeptical:
http://kidrock.warnerbrosrecords.com/kid-rocks-america-unisex-t-shirt-2.html

That shirt looks photoshopped.
Yup.

Edit: So there was a thread on GAF about a creator of fake news mentioning it never catches on with the Left because it's always debunked, dismissed and forgotten in short order.

This thread is an amusing example of that.

Pickman

I mean, on the one hand it's shopped so you don't have to stop listening, but on the other hand you have bad taste in music, so....

Larry_David_indecisive.gif

Edit: thanks for the source link, OP.

Don't dig too deeply into your idols of culture.

You'd hate to see who's a scientologist.

I mean, yeah that's clearly a photoshop. But he is actually selling that shirt on his website as the OP clearly states.

Hoo-doo

Banned
The photo of him wearing it in concert may be photoshop, but it's legit for sale on his site.

Who cares though, he's just catering to his audience who by and large are dumb fucks.

Why are you just learning his political leanings now. Just hold the L and move on.

Kaladin

Who cares though, he's just catering to his audience who by and large are dumb fucks.

Why are you just learning his political leanings now. Just hold the L and move on.

I try to ignore political leanings of artists till I can't anymore. He's reached that point with me and it will affect how I enjoy his music.

I laughed at the OP, laughed even harder at the first post.

Hasn't happened to me yet though. I can usually separate the art from the artist so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom