• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite costume design iterations of superheroes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Personally I am quite fond of most of 90's X-Men, though it's mostly due to the TAS

xmen90s.png

well... mostly

I'm not really big on Jean Grey's look, as well as "I'm doing the dishes" Jubilee.

Also am not really fond of the weird "horn masks" Wolverine has. Even Hawkeye had that in his classic look.

SY2592.jpg

Still better than his 90's iteration though.

Also not a big fan of Superman and batman without undies. It feels... really missing.

Most of the DC heroes

Is it cool to like the Batgirl costume from 2014? I like that one.

1bViafv.jpg

On the other hand, I don't think I've ever seen a good Superman costume. Seems impossible to modernize.

David Aja's Iron Fist is still my favorite design for Danny:
It's a really sleek and modern look. The current tracksuit design is okay too but this one is just great.

I'm also a big fan of the current look for Robotman. He started doing the leather jacket during Morrison's run and I'm glad it's back again:

I think as far as full on redesigns go, my favorites are Catwoman and Daredevil. Both of them improved so much from their original costumes.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
David Aja's Iron Fist is still my favorite design for Danny:

It's a really sleek and modern look. The current tracksuit design is okay too but this one is just great.
The funny thing is that Aja also designed the tracksuit version in his exploration for his Immortal Iron Fist designs (at Fraction's urging), but only did so to illustrate how ridiculous the idea was.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can't choose one, but I've narrowed it down to 3.

Modular Armor. Many of his armors have tried to strike a balance between looking like a badass metal machine that commands respect and the fact that there is a human underneath, and I think this armor does it best with the muscles poking through and the tough, bulky look of the rest of the armor. Also, it has a best-of-both-worlds (GOAT) helmet. I may be biased because the appearance of this armor in MvC2 is what made Iron Man my favourite comic book character.

Mark 25 - Again, another I think strikes the balance between man and machine well. This one is a bit more modern/slimmer and more heroic looking, but still kind of has hints of retrofuturism which I appreciate.

Mark 43/Stealth Armor IV. Tron aesthetic applied to Iron Man armor, 'nuff said. Honourary Mention to the Uru Armor.

EDIT: I'd probably just go for the Modular Armor IMO.

DrArchon

I also like the Stealth Suit from Big Time

latest

I don't read comics but I almost tried to learn how to play Spider-Man in UMvC3 because of the neon green Big Time suit. It just looks so fucking cool.

But fuck trying to learn Spider-Man in UMvC3. Holy shit.

WOAH!!! Is that an actual comic book character? Where can I see that art?
The picture is actually from a cosplayer named Elise Laurenne. You can check out her Instagram, but there is a lot of nsfw stuff.

Also, they've been posting the actual artwork already. She's wearing the teal slippers.

shaowebb

Scarlet Spider
The OG version.

The Ray
XVvVI.jpg

Honestly he always looked best when his powers were on because his pants were actually white until he did that which was stupid. Also they changed his energy effects visuals later to make em less exciting in his later iterations which was also a downgrade. Best Ray is 90's all juiced up Ray.

The Falcon
Marvel Cinema has made the best iteration of him ever. Drone for RedWing instead of a bird, no weird painted on white and red tights, Guns and targeting systems for a guy who can fly above and give air support, Wings turn into a tower shield...just stellar and worlds beyond the comic book design.

Ahasverus

The Man of Steel Superman costume is the GOAT
Majestic, alien, powerful, everything Superman must be. BvS brightened the colors, but made the shield smaller and the belt is not as cool when it's square insted of round.

Donos

The Falcon
Marvel Cinema has made the best iteration of him ever. Drone for RedWing instead of a bird, no weird painted on white and red tights, Guns and targeting systems for a guy who can fly above and give air support, Wings turn into a tower shield...just stellar and worlds beyond the comic book design.

Wonder if they have a cool helmet for him in the drawer (some neat Stark tech). For someone who flies high and fast, it's rather logical to have one. One bad fall on the head...

Lulubop

I can't choose one, but I've narrowed it down to 3.

Modular Armor. Many of his armors have tried to strike a balance between looking like a badass metal machine that commands respect and the fact that there is a human underneath, and I think this armor does it best with the muscles poking through and the tough, bulky look of the rest of the armor. Also, it has a best-of-both-worlds (GOAT) helmet.

EDIT: I'd probably just go for the Modular Armor IMO.

Def agree. Not a fan of the slimmer looks, and that's def the goat helmet.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I like Mark Texeira's Black Panther costume a lot, the gold on black really pops way better than silver.

black_panther+_texeira.jpg

The tribal fang motifs on his costumes since this one seem a little too, I dunno, on-the-nose. He's an African king? Give 'im a Shaka Zulu necklace. Ehhhnn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom