• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fanatec CEO spoils Forza Motorsport 7; Turn 10 wants to improve physics and FFB

It shouldn't surprise anyone but according to driving wheel manufacturer Fanatec's CEO a new entry of the Forza Motorsport franchise is in development right now.

[Fanatec CEO] Thomas Jackermeier posted, “Please tell me any wheel/pedal/shifter related issues you have in FM6 and let us know what new features you would like to see supported in FM7.”

What is surprising is the first mention of the team’s next project doesn’t come from Turn 10 itself, but has been outed by Fanatec CEO Thomas Jackermeier.

He furthermore revealed that Turn 10 want's to further improve physics and FFB in upcoming Forza titels:

“I had a very good meeting with them and I am happy to report that there is a good chance that a lot of things will change for the better in upcoming FM titles. There is a new person who is responsible for physics and force feedback and this is a “wheel guy”. He is a real world racer with car engineering background and very familiar with PC simracing.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forza-moto...-fanatec-with-promising-news-for-wheel-users/

Gonna be pretty sweet to have a real Forza Motorsport on PC though. I have thought for a while that the PC market is in need of a accessible, high quality racer.

Shame being tied to the Windows store might mean there wont be a community around it. Maybe Cross Play would be perfect here? Since there isnt really any KB+M advantage.

Gonna be pretty sweet to have a real Forza Motorsport on PC though. I have thought for a while that the PC market is in need of a accessible, high quality racer.

Shame being tied to the Windows store might mean there wont be a community around it. Maybe Cross Play would be perfect here? Since there isnt really any KB+M advantage.

Horizon 3 already have cross play, i don't think FM7 won't have same feature.

leeh

To no one's surprise. I can't even imagine T10/MS are annoyed about this, it's like common knowledge now.

Rymuth

I can't possibly believe that they'd make a new Forza.

Next you'll tell me it's out next year. Scandalous.

Fry-Im-Shocked-Futurama.gif

fresquito

Yeah, as long as they don't support custom wheel configurations they don't have a fucking chance.

terrible

Banned
Forza 6 has absolutely horrid force feedback. They pretty much have to completely rework their physics and FFB to make it even passable as a sim.

Hopefully they fix the major PC performance issues that are present with Apex and FH3 while they are at it.

Quentin

Banned
what be so different about each Forza?

I don't get how MS pulled off a racer every year lol

Ah F it

Keep getting them checks MS

Azzawon

I for one, truly, am shocked...

Not really, but I'm still hyped. Good to hear that they're improving on physics, Forza 6 was lacking in that department. I always felt like I was detached from the car.

Copy Assetto Corsa pls
Forza 6 has absolutely horrid force feedback. They pretty much have to completely rework their physics and FFB to make it even passable as a sim.

Hopefully they fix the major PC performance issues that are present with Apex and FH3 while they are at it.
They made a change to FFB and physics a while back and while it's a massive improvement, they still have a long way to go to match any respectable sims.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
The way Forza 6 ended with a huge car pile-up the protagonist is not coming back for 7, he can't! Just can't! Or is this a soft reboot?

MouldyK

Ah F it

Motorsport: New Tracks and cars and a different
worse
Career Structure every 2 years. Each time they change the game
by making it more sterile and lifeless
just enough to feel new.

Horizon: New Enviroment and cars and a different
worse
Career Structure every 2 years. Each time they change the game
by making sure you don't enjoy the races as the AI either miss checkpoints or just fuck up and ruin lap races with their stupidity
just enough to feel new.

My Favourite Franchise!

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Enough is enough

danowat

Banned
Forza Watersports confirmed?

Ah F it

Shit posting much?

Firstly, motorsport is bi-annual, the Horizon series is a different game and a different developer.

Secondly, each iteration brings improvements, they are different from each other.

As for "keep getting them checks", they aren't in it for shits and giggles, it's about making money.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Holy shit they're developing a new Forza?!! Those Turn 10 guys play their cards so close to their chests you never really know!

Chille

Forza Watersports confirmed?

Shit posting much?

Firstly, motorsport is bi-annual, the Horizon series is a different game and a different developer.

Secondly, each iteration brings improvements, they are different from each other.

As for "keep getting them checks", they aren't in it for shits and giggles, it's about making money.

The amount of them they release is why I prefer gran turismo games, would rather they take there time * though sport looks like shit.

MouldyK

The amount of them they release is why I prefer gran turismo games, would rather they take there time * though sport looks like shit.

Forza Motorsport Games released on the same console are more like Expanded Games than real sequels.

They build upon the predessecors as they keep everything from the last ones while adding new things.

Nothing to complain about here as they look like they take their time with the games. I mean, Horizon 3 is a complete game and I don't see what more time could have done.

Chille

Forza Motorsport Games released on the same console are more like Expanded Games than real sequels.

They build upon the predessecors as they keep everything from the last ones while adding new things.

Nothing to complain about here as they look like they take their time with the games. I mean, Horizon 3 is a complete game and I don't see what more time could have done.

Then why not sell them as expansions each year for previous owners of the game? Imo most sport based games that release every year should look into this, have the retail model aka physical release for the new years version then have a dlc pack or an actual season pass for half the price to add the new features to the old game.

danowat

Banned
Then why not sell them as expansions each year for previous owners of the game? Imo most sport based games that release every year should look into this, have the retail model aka physical release for the new years version then have a dlc pack or an actual season pass for half the price to add the new features to the old game.

When they can get away with selling it for full price AND have DLC and a season pass?.

eso76

Yes, and we're getting Forza Horizon 4 in 2018.

Will be interesting to see if they are going for 4k60fps on Scorpio.
That would probably mean no significant advancement in graphics (besides resolution obviously).

When they can get away with selling it for full price AND have DLC and a season pass?.

Exactly the same complaint people have against sports games. When you look into it though, I'd argue that enough changes each time (weather effects, handling model) to justify the full-priced upgrade. Also, people who play these games generally put a lot of hours into them, so it works out to be better value per hour than pretty much any linear story game.

Better physics and force feedback would be amazing. More PC customizing as well (fov, cockpit camera position, look to apex, disable in game hands/wheel etc).

Top Bottom