• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games are you *literally* the only one excited about?

Malyse

I just did a search and I got no results for a game I'm looking forward to called Ooblets.
ooblets_card_logo.png

l0MYCmd8mrZZK1FXq.gif

3otOKrdj86lGwCvEsM.gif

l3vRl4AhTyCvxr5kY.gif

It's basically Harvest Moon meets Pokemon with a ton of cute added. I'm super in for it.

Another game that gets a little love and is not talked up often is Cross-Code which you can play right now through your web browser. It's a pseudo MMO in the vein of .hack or Sword Art Online (though it plays conceptually closer to Zelda) and is my game of the whenever it comes out. I logged like 20+ hours in the game before it was 50% complete.

What games are you excited about that no one is talking about?

BriGuy

I'm pretty excited about Conquest of the Crystal Palace. It came out on the NES like 27 years ago, but I just found my copy when I was sorting through stuff in the basement.

TheGrue

The only way someone can be *literally* the only one excited about a game is if they're making one themselves and they haven't told anyone else.

Edit to add a second vote for Knack 2.

Well now I'm excited about Ooblets.

There's not much hype for Blue Reflection, Musou Stars, Ever Oasis, or Mario Sports Superstars.

I'd probably say Bleed 2 is the one I've heard no one else get excited for.

Or YIIK.

Guevara

I mean, I'm probably the only person eagerly awaiting the newest version of Terraria for consoles (version 1.3, due out Q2 2017).

AgeEighty

"Literally" the only one excited about? Like, as in, not even any of the devs are excited?

Language changes.

I so hate this argument, though I suspect you're being tongue in cheek. Language evolves, yes, but this is a case of people using a word as its own antonym. That's confusing as fuck and should be pushed back against.

Malyse

Well now I'm excited about Ooblets.

There's not much hype for Blue Reflection, Musou Stars, Ever Oasis, or Mario Sports Superstars.

I'd probably say Bleed 2 is the one I've heard no one else get excited for.

Thank you! *adds to wishlist*

On the side, I wish that Steam had like a news feed that was just all the updates from games you own. Like, I own Bleed but since I don't play it super often I totally missed the sequel annouce.

Hale-XF11

That new Psychonauts VR game that's supposed to come out this year. I'm the only one I know that's excited for it.

Another game that gets a little love and is not talked up often is Cross-Code which you can play right now through your web browser. It's a pseudo MMO in the vein of .hack or Sword Art Online (though it plays conceptually closer to Zelda) and is my game of the whenever it comes out. I logged like 20+ hours in the game before it was 50% complete.

What games are you excited about that no one is talking about?

I also am super pumped for CrossCode ::fist bump:: I own it and I'm trying so hard to not just play through it all. If you haven't played it I can tell you that I absolutely love it. I really miss the days of SNES Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore (Screw you haters, I loved it).

I'll raise you Examina and Chasm.

Examina

It is a dungeon crawler at the moment with an emphasis on weight and physics. This isn't Diablo where you click click click, you have to use your mouse for actual motion and momentum. You can even trip on stuff (Watch the first gif).

28B00E9F6949EF7336819DB46678733905D9E828

sh8ez3g.gif

Chasm

4b5ea5cde7003fb8ee950800b496abe9.gif

288387c524c8ee391e3275ac9af4f6c5_large.gif

Lastly, God Of War(Cheating, I know the hype is real). I played this over a year ago as I have a personal friend that works for the Studio. I had to sign an assload of paperwork, but what I can tell you is that it is by far my most anticipated game. I love SoulsBorne and it was absolutely scratching that itch. I need it in an IV drip now.

giphy.gif

Malyse

I also am super pumped for CrossCode ::fist bump:: I own it and I'm trying so hard to not just play through it all. If you haven't played it I can tell you that I absolutely love it. I really miss the days of SNES Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore (Screw you haters, I loved it).

I'll raise you Examina and Chasm.

Examina

It is a dungeon crawler at the moment with an emphasis on weight and physics. This isn't Diablo where you click click click, you have to use your mouse for actual motion and momentum.

28B00E9F6949EF7336819DB46678733905D9E828

sh8ez3g.gif

Chasm

4b5ea5cde7003fb8ee950800b496abe9.gif

288387c524c8ee391e3275ac9af4f6c5_large.gif

Lastly, God Of War. I played this over a year ago as I have a personal friend that works for the Studio. I had to sign an assload of paperwork, but what I can tell you is that it is by far my most anticipated game. I love SoulsBorne and it was absolutely scratching that itch. I need it in an IV drip now.

FISTBUMP BACK! I have Chasm preordered through Humble!

Both games look awesome.

Do you know if they'll have a console release?

Ooblets is PC with hopes for console, CrossCode is on Steam, but it had Wii U as stretch goal for it's indiegogo (which prolly means Switch)

Qwark

I know I'm not the only digimon fan on Gaf, but I'm the only one in my friend group excited for Digimon World: Next Order, which comes out this month!

Feel like I'm the only one whose getting hyped for State of Decay 2,
I loved the original and the idea of a multiplayer SoD just gets me all dick swole for real.
<3

Malyse

Just to add something new to the thread, i'm really excited about AEROBAT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5BAYGR1ddY

That looks
  1. like a hilariously flawed design
  2. like a ton of fun
This was what I was going to post so...guess that's two people excited for this game.

Three. Saint's Row the Third was my first Platinum Trophy.

I know I'm not the only digimon fan on Gaf, but I'm the only one in my friend group excited for Digimon World: Next Order, which comes out this month!

The reason I'm not hype is because I just wanted Cyber Sleuth 2.

Eila

CrossCode. I have it on my account, just waiting for it to get out of early access to get through it.

Ooblets was one of the first games I thought of when I saw the thread title.

Rakuen. To the Moon was a huge success (over 1 million owners on SteamSpy) so you'd think that a similar game from Laura Shigihara would get more hype than it's getting.

Defender's Quest 2. Loved the first game and according to the dev, it's sold well over time, but I haven't seen much excitement for the sequel, despite looking like it's full of big improvements.

Top Bottom