• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyper Light Drifter 60fps patch is out for PS4.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Uploaded last night, right before Switch presentation, but I suppose many would be interested.

Tried it briefly and the difference was noticeable. Now go get that 800 drift dodge trophy!

Oh, there is also an easy mode and boss rush included too.

Excellent! I just started replaying this on PS4, so this is great news for me! I played a little of the PC version post-60 fps patch and it does feel noticeably better.

Now go get that 800 drift dodge trophy!
I actually just managed to get that trophy the other day pre-patch. It's still totally manageable in 30fps. But my thumb hurts from mashing dash after so many attempts.

GeeTeeCee

Nice. I stopped playing before what I presume was the last zone, before it got lost in the backlog, so I'll pick it back up again now.

yyr

Anybody have any idea as to whether the XB1 version is getting patched soon also?

60fps is legit exciting to me.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Lol and I just finished it two days ago.
Well it was great, so might as well go again.

Adryuu

Time to buy this, everyone.

Played on pc release until almost the final boss. It was awesome.

Played again from the start when the 60 fps patch hit on steam, it was much better (and finished the game already).

5taquitos

Fuck yes, this is what I was waiting for to start my first playthough, my purchase coincided perfectly with the original PC patch announcement. TBH I figured I'd have to wait way longer than this.

Psoelberg

Great news! Already own it on pc, but have been close to buying it again on ps a few times - this is the signal; now I have to do it

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Supposed to me a mixture of Zelda and Diablo? Does it have loot pickups?

It's not at all comparable to Diablo. Zelda I can understand though. You have a big overworld to freely explore and secrets are everywhere(static equipment upgrades to find and purchase as well, but no RNG loot). Lots of dungeons(both major and minor) to visit and plunder as well, but puzzles are rather non-existent(outside simple switches) and its mostly a combat gauntlet.

The combat is top down and you are locked into arena fights against enemies constantly, but there is a greater emphasis on dashing/dodging than the more reserved sword spamming of Zelda. You really need to get accustomed to the attack methods and patterns of enemies to survive, and it mostly involves dodge timing.

Fun game and my major caveat is that the chunky pixel artstyle took me personally a good bit of time to suss out. One of the first games in years where I literally wondered what the hell I was looking at on occasion. Is that a platform? Oh its a pit. What is that pillar/statue thing? Once I kind of had an eye for it all it became less an issue, but boy was I not a fan of the look early in.

Top Bottom