• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gordon Kaye (Rene from 'Allo 'Allo) has died

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Explaining this to Mrs. Stinkles - a British TV show set in the French resistance featuring an all-British cast doing vaudeville cartoons of a "French Accent."

What was the plot?

Two of the "bad" Germans are in the village and the Villagers run around in a farcical panic till the bad Germans leave and the good Germans breathe a sigh of relief.

What about the next episode?

Same thing.

Very sad news, loved the show growing up.

Explaining this to Mrs. Stinkles - a British TV show set in the French resistance featuring an all-British cast doing vaudeville cartoons of a "French Accent."

What was the plot?

Two of the "bad" Germans are in the village and the Villagers run around in a farcical panic till the bad Germans leave and the good Germans breathe a sigh of relief.

Same thing.

It's all about The Fallen Madonna with the big boobies.

Boem

Listen very carefully, I shall say this only once.

This man will be missed. I don't think this was ever regarded as one of the all-time high ranking comedies, but I (and of course lots of other people) have very warm feelings towards this. They reveled in their silly sex jokes and misunderstandings. A true classic in my eyes, and me and my brothers never got tired of it as kids.

What was the plot?

Same thing.

Also hiding the two British airmen in the attic.

Still, shame to see him go.

pitchfork

So much nostalgia kicking in for me right now watching the clips on BBC news

RIP fella

Random fact - I used to deliver milk to Vicky Michelle who played 'Yvette'

Keasar

RIP. used to watch 'Allo 'Allo as a kid and liked it. :(

What was the plot?

Same thing.

And the silly heil gags.

jelly

I thought he would be way older than that.

Great show for most of it. Watched with my folks a lot. Didn't like it when they changed the Italian.

RIP.

Oh, such a daft fun show. RIP Gordon. He had a dice with death years ago in a road accident when a tree came through the windscreen. Didn't stop him.

Favourite Allo Allo joke -

SS Officer Herr Flick answers a ringing phone :

Hello, Flick the Gestapo

Herr Flick has a look of angered bemusement on his face :

NO, I said FLICK the Gestapo!!!

(You may kiss me, Helga)

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Random fact - I used to deliver milk to Vicky Michelle who played 'Yvette'

tumblr_m4bqt39YTl1r8mj54o2_250.gif

Very sad news, watching Allo Allo was a weekly ritual when I was young.

Liljagare

Aaah, another childhood comey idol gone.

RIP Rene, hope you still thwart those evilz nazis for us where ever you are!!

Sesha

You stupid Death!

I love 'Allo 'Allo. It was a weekend staple in my childhood. Rene was always one of the best parts of the show.

RIP

MilkyJoe

I was pissing by this thread, when I thoot I wad mention I'm coorently watching thr Allo Allo bix sit, and have been for siveral weeks. Renee was an 'ero to the rasistonce.

Nokterian

I really enjoyed Allo Allo when rené came on screen, talking through the 4th wall on what was happening. Such a joy to see this series, laughed a lot. The fallen madonna with the big boobies.

Chocolate & Vanilla

Fuck Strawberry
Listen very carefully, I shall say ziss only once...

Allo Allo was a staple of my childhood TV viewing. Family TV at its absolute finest.

Hole Hotler!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom