• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mary Tyler Moore dead at age 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai101

Banned
Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it
Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can never tell, why don't you take it
You're gonna make it after all
You're gonna make it after all
How will you make it on your own?
This world is awfully big, girl this time you're all alone
But it's time you started living
It's time you let someone else do some giving
Love is all around, no need to waste it
You can never tell, why don't you take it
You might just make it after all
You might just make it after all

RIP

Rest in peace. I watched The Dick Van Dyke Show and The Mary Tyler Moore Show on Nick-at-Night as a kid and really enjoyed them. So sad to see that she passed away.

marrec

Banned
Wait so old beloved celebrity deaths WEREN'T confined specifically to 2016?!

memes lied to me

I remember watching the Dick Van Dyke show and specifically not the Mary Tyler Moore show, there's no accounting for taste I suppose.

My taste btw, I'm not disparaging on a dead celebrity.

Parch

I also grew up watching The Dick Van Dyke show. Her own show was also highly successful.

If you're looking for something with MTM in it, find the movie Thouroughly Modern Millie. Very delightful musical with Mary, Julie Andrews, and Carol Channing.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
The Mary Tyler Moore show and the Dick Van Dyke show were two of my absolute favorites as a kid.

She is an absolute legend and will be missed.

Man, this is sad. I watched both Dick Van Dyke and the Mary Tyler Moore Show show when I was a kid. I still routinely think about the latter, especially the episode about the clown's Funeral. Nick at Nite was the shit.

Nekofrog

Banned
She was the damned prettiest woman I had ever seen on TV as a young lad, and they were reruns of a show from 30 years prior. Was genuinely laugh out loud funny with the mary Tyler moore show, and she set awesome standards and precedents for an artist behind the scenes and the control they could have over their own show.

She was one of my first crushes as a kid when I watched reruns of the dick can dyke show on nick at nite. I just thought she was so pretty.

And because of that, I gave the Mary Tyler Moore show a chance, and really, it is one of the best comedies of all time. The entire cast was awesome, and she was an amazing comic actor.

And to this day I remember that green dress... my 12 yr old self couldn't handle it...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Nick at Nite legend for me.

I remember being like 8 or 9 and watching entire blocks of the Mary Tyler Moore show and the Dick Van Dyke show during the summer. I'm kinda glad I was able to watch it during those days because I doubt it's something I would have picked out to watch in the Netflix era even.

I also remember the episode of "Hot in Cleveland" where she was in a few scenes and she didn't look so good but I think she lived a hard life.

RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom