• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 (PC) has been fully cracked in record 5 days.

Corpsepyre

Banned
This is unprecedented. Never has a Denuvo game been cracked this quickly. Demand, I guess? Not sure what this means for Denuvo. Guessing they'll continue as usual or beef up their protection.

Could also be that they have streamlined their process after cracking the others. Not sure how all of that works though.

sirap

Seems like Denuvo is done. Seeing more and more Denuvo protected games like Watch Dogs 2 appear online. There are still some exceptions like Dishonered 2 but who knows how long that'll last.

Vexii

Capcom deserve all of the money in the world for such an awesome reinvention of the survival horror genre, but whenever I hear these Denuvo crack stories I feel conflicted.

DRM (and derivatives like it) are never pro-consumer and have no place in digital distribution. Hopefully Capcom are compensated for this.

Equally, don't want this to affect sales.

Fortunately, the PS4 with VR version is the main attraction here, so it might not be as bad as it could be.

No sympathy for people pirating still.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I will never understand people's huge dislike of Denuvo outside of fear mongering and general dislike of DRM that has nothing to do with Denuvo itself.

Hope it continues to do well in sales. The game does deserve it, and PC gamers do need to work away from the image of being an audience of pirates still.

Dmented

Banned
I will never understand people's huge dislike of Denuvo outside of fear mongering and general dislike of DRM that has nothing to do with Denuvo itself.

Hope it continues to do well in sales. The game does deserve it, and PC gamers do need to work away from the image of being an audience of pirates still.

Yeah I don't really mind Denuvo myself, haven't really had any problems with it (afaik).

However, I think all DRM should be removed after a certain period of time.

EDIT: And no, PC gamers don't need to work away from an image of being "an audience of pirates". Sales clearly show we buy games, DRM or not.

Seems to be off to a pretty good start 209,000 copies sold just on steam which is probably not the target platform. Resident evil games have legs too.

Dusk Golem

Yeah I don't really mind Denuvo myself, haven't really had any problems with it (afaik).

However, I think all DRM should be removed after a certain period of time.

I think they will, they removed GFWL from RE5 which previously supported it, which is much harder (by a large margin) to remove than Denuvo from how I understand it.

Dusk Golem

It makes nonsupported modding harder. In that, it's quite similar to UWP.

People were modding RE7 already and even had modding tools for the thing even before Denuvo was removed and for the demo, this was completely false here.

There's a huge RE modding community that already had made various mods for RE7 and Beginning Hour.

Here was one mod from Beginning Hour (which also had Denuvo), and the RE7 modding community was festering well these last few days as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKZnWs6TZ_Y&t=415s

Here was a RE7 weapon mods (spoiler): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p225yreAsWw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHvUeJZfXDw

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, just was replying.

patientx

The group -cpy I think- was getting faster in every game they were "releasing" so I guess they were understanding the mechanisms by each game they cracked and there seems to be a lot of attention to this game , so here we are ...

Piracy sucks but this was inevitably going to happen. I wonder if people will keep using their services once the cracking gets closer and closer after release.

Dmented

Banned
I think they will, they removed GFWL from RE5 which previously supported it, which is much harder (by a large margin) to remove than Denuvo from how I understand it.

Well, I wasn't talking about Capcom and RE7 alone, but I meant all games. IIRC the people who made Limbo did it with their last game after a few months of it being sold. It's a good move IMO.

Wheatly

It's always been an arms race.

Game will still sell well. Every youtuber in the world is covering it.

Is there evidence that this helps single player games? I understand that it'll help multiplayer focused games though.

I have no desire to buy the game after watching a twitch play through. Same happened with dark souls 3

Dusk Golem

I wonder if this will open the door for modding, it would be great to play this on the Vive or Rift.

Modding was already possible, but it might be right that it's even easier now.

There was already people making mods for RE7 with Denuvo, however.

EDIT: removed link, I guess that counts as linking to other boards which I know is against ToS. Was to modding discussion, nothing illegal though.

SomTervo

Modding was already possible, but it might be right that it's even easier now.

There was already people making mods for RE7 with Denuvo, however.

EDIT: removed link, I guess that counts as linking to other boards which I know is against ToS. Was to modding discussion, nothing illegal though.

But where are the mods :( :(

Lanrutcon

Is there evidence that this helps single player games? I understand that it'll help multiplayer focused games though.

I have no desire to buy the game after watching a twitch play through. Same happened with dark souls 3

Pretty sure a lot of devs have come out with sales spikes after having their games mentioned by famous youtubers.

But we'll see. The game has a got lot of buzz going for it atm, plus the new first person perspective and Evil Dead-esque feel should make it appeal to a wider audience.

Dusk Golem

But where are the mods :( :(

Here's one that was released last night:

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/36guwy3wk1woa/Resident_Evil_7

1. Downoad a tool named FileUnsigner.

2. Drag and drop your Cheat Engine .exe files over FileUnsigner.

3. You should make backup files and do step 2 on Desktop or in Cheat Engine folder with admin rights.

4. Open my Cheat Table and Resident Evil 7.

5. Anti cheat system of Resident Evil 7 should be turned off now!

How to edit items:

You need to edit your items by using my list.
It is uncompleted!

1. Copy the name of that item you want to have and replace some other name with it.

2. That item should have the right icon now but description is still unchanged!

3. Put your new item in box and take it again. It should be changed completely now.

4. You can save your game and reload after. Your full item edit should be done by that way too!

5. This Inventory Editor is still in progress and it is useful if you want to use Chainsaw, axe, Albert_01 and bonus items.

6. By seeing some weird symbols after name just browse memory region and write 0 in hex after name until symbols will disappear.

7. HAVE FUN!

Resident Evil 7 List

Shotgun_DB
UnlimitedAmmo (Bonus)
Handgun_Albert (Eveline Fight Pistol)
Handgun_Albert_Reward (Bonus)
DummyAxe
Coin
EasyBoots (Bonus)
BookDefence02 (Bonus)
FoundFootage040
LucasCardKey
LucasCardKey2
MasterKey
RemedyL
ChainSaw (Jack Boss Fight 2)
Magnum
MailMia
ChainCutter
HandCutOff
HandAxe (funny to play with)
HandgunBullet
MachineGunBullet
MagnumBullet
Handgun_M19
MachineGun
SaveTape
CylinderKey
ChemicalM
SerumTypeE (Anti Eveline Serum)
AlphaGrass (Bonus)
CircularSaw (Bonus)
Stimulant (Steroid)

Video Example 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p225yreAsWw
Video Example 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHvUeJZfXDw

RE7 was only released a few days ago, so only early modding stuff in place, but the scene was growing and people were experimenting.

Piers

But it might have different requirements from the demo so I just want to be absolutely sure my PC can run it.

I wonder if they can crack the VR lock and enable it too.

I assume it's not as simple as that, presumably the VR mode isn't even finished for oculus or vive. It's not as simple to get a PSVR game running on oculus/vive as largely copy pasting the same code, is it? (I know nothing about the technical sides of VR).

Pacotez

that's kind of shocking, I thought there were plenty of Denuvo games still uncracked, right?

older games and games with bad performance (dishonored 2 cough). Waste of time in both cases until they can fully understand Denuvo.

Not plenty a few more like . None of UWP games are cracked though. Dishonored 2, Hitman etc is not cracked

they got bypassed

I wanna see some skin swaps for the bakers, and a third person mode of some sort.

You wanna see T-rex Bakers right?

Ooccoo

Capcom deserve all of the money in the world for such an awesome reinvention of the survival horror genre, but whenever I hear these Denuvo crack stories I feel conflicted.

DRM (and derivatives like it) are never pro-consumer and have no place in digital distribution. Hopefully Capcom are compensated for this.

Equally, don't want this to affect sales.

You are probably either too young or naive to think this is a reinvention of survival horror

Top Bottom