• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA 4 Now Backwards Compatible On Xbox One

Chris1

https://www.trueachievements.com/n26651/grand-theft-auto-iv-is-now-backwards-compatible

Showing up in the store also

Edit:http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...=social&utm_content=gtaiv-backcompat-02092017

The intersecting sagas of Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz and Luis Lopez in Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City are now all playable on Xbox One via Backward Compatibility.

All versions of the game, including Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition, are compatible on Xbox One. Digital game owners have instant access on Xbox One, so they can download Grand Theft Auto IV directly from the ”Ready to Install" section of their Xbox One and play at will. Physical game owners can just insert the Xbox 360 game disc into their Xbox One and download the game. Your original game saves will also transfer if you have saved your game to the Cloud Saved Games feature on Xbox 360.

Anyone who doesn't already have Grand Theft Auto IV can get it from the Xbox Store on Xbox One, along with The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony.

To celebrate, we're hosting a special giveaway of rare original GTAIV collectibles and gear. One lucky Social Club member will win a GTAIV commemorative prize pack pictured below, including the GTAIV Dartboard, Pool Cue, Statue of Happiness, License Plate, TW@ Mousepad, and a collection of GTAIV Tees. 10 Runners-Up will receive a GTAIV License Plate and TW@ Mousepad. Enter now at Social Club.

OMG I can't wait to see how what the performance is like! The Xbox team are awesome!

This game has an unlocked frame-rate so it will be very interesting to see how it runs!

Theorry

The intersecting sagas of Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz and Luis Lopez in Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City are now all playable on Xbox One via Backward Compatibility.

All versions of the game, including Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition, are compatible on Xbox One. Digital game owners have instant access on Xbox One, so they can download Grand Theft Auto IV directly from the ”Ready to Install" section of their Xbox One and play at will. Physical game owners can just insert the Xbox 360 game disc into their Xbox One and download the game. Your original game saves will also transfer if you have saved your game to the Cloud Saved Games feature on Xbox 360.

Anyone who doesn't already have Grand Theft Auto IV can get it from the Xbox Store on Xbox One, along with The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony.

To celebrate, we're hosting a special giveaway of rare original GTAIV collectibles and gear. One lucky Social Club member will win a GTAIV commemorative prize pack pictured below, including the GTAIV Dartboard, Pool Cue, Statue of Happiness, License Plate, TW@ Mousepad, and a collection of GTAIV Tees. 10 Runners-Up will receive a GTAIV License Plate and TW@ Mousepad. Enter now at Social Club.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...=social&utm_content=gtaiv-backcompat-02092017

GeNoMe

Good! GTA IV is one of the greatest GTA games out there! Will install this on my XBone for sure!

Hopefully all the visual effects are intact - I've noticed visual effects missing in the most demanding games, for instance Banjo: Nuts and Bolts is missing some particle effects and (iirc) specular maps, and Halo Reach was apparently missing some to get its performance up to scratch.

So I disovered Banjo Nuts & Bolts isn't exactly emulated 100% via Rare Replay / Backwards compat on X1, during the Nutty Acres level there's graphic glitches where water meets the shore, also there's suppose to be leaves(?) floating around the level which are missing entirely on X1.

I made a quick and dirty comparison which shows both issues, (X1 on left vs. actual Xbox 360 hardware on the right)

No idea if it's a known issue already but figured I'd share - http://vmashup.com/L2kD3tYP

EDIT: I've only compared Nutty Acres so far and just started playing the next level (Logbox 720) , so far no discrepencies discovered in this level.

Sometimes the graphical settings of games through BC are downgraded in order to achieve a decent performance. This was the case with Halo Reach until it got fixed. Perhaps it will get fixed too eventually for BK:N&B, but enough people would have to raise the issue.

How is the performance of the game on Xbox One?

Bizzquik

Something like 8 of my Top 10 most wanted Backward Compatibility titles have now made the jump.

Well done, Microsoft.

Bread

Banned
Are the servers still up? I'd love to go back and play some of the multiplayer, I enjoyed it a lot more than 5's.

OMG!

I bought the game but never could play on 360 because my eyes would hurt for whatever reason hopefully it improves the performance so that don't happen anymore.

Bizzquik

BC should do wonders for the performance issues IV had.

One of the things that makes me excited about Scorpio coming in late 2017 is that just about every Xbox 360 backward compatibility title should run at a rock-solid 30fps.

...As Red Dead Redemption seems to have fared well on Xbox One, hopefully the performance of GTA4 will follow suit.

Top Bottom