• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1 2 Switch to have Team Mode & Shuffle Mode

The Japanese Nintendo site updated with info on a Team Mode for 1-2 Switch. Split players into 'right' and 'left' teams, play multiple games in a row via roulette. They suggest about 28 minutes and 2-20 players. There's also a shuffle mode.

teammatch_image.jpg

Article says you can hit the + button on the joycon to "switch" to a different minigame if you're done with the one you're currently playing. Explanation videos play automatically, but can be skipped.

Put me to sleep like a baby if old or unthreadworthy.

Haines

Banned
This game will do well, gaf is wrong on this one.

It has simplicity and party game written all over it. The exact thing that appeals to masses.

There it is. The individual games seemed fun, but I wasn't sure how the game would be structured. They're too bite-sized to work like Wii Sports, where you're picking each game from a menu; I feel like that could hurt the game's momentum in a party-setting. You'd run into those: "Uhh... I don't know. What do you want to play?" moments.

Structuring it like this, where it almost works similarly to something like WarioWare makes perfect sense.

Teams is another great idea for a party environment. I'm still waiting for reviews on anything that's not called "Zelda" but this one is starting to get my attention more than it initially did.

Looks like a great party game.

Wii Sports was about getting people to do realistic sports motions and represent that in silly ways on the TV, this is about getting people to do very uncommon motions that look very silly in person. It's kind of an interesting comparison to make between the two.

I'm baffled by their poor communication on stuffs like these.

In what way? No one ever claimed we had heard about the entire game at the presentation. Hell, there were dozens of games still yet undemoed.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I read about this yesterday. This structure is what I hoped for. No monopoly or cluedo for a while at my house (thanks Nintendo :)

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Really trying to spin this into a negative? With the switch 2 weeks out its bad with 1,2 switch it's really not a big deal. People who were gonna buy this game were probably already set on getting it beforehand.

BD1

Banned
I surprise myself, but I am so looking forward to this game. It's going to be a huge hit amongst my friends and family. Hopefully it is as fun to play together as it looks.

Haines

Banned
I surprise myself, but I am so looking forward to this game. It's going to be a huge hit amongst my friends and family. Hopefully it is as fun to play together as it looks.

Exactly.

Power on. Grab drinks and push play. 2 minutes you are having fun with nearly no hassle.

Wiisports had a bad tennis and bowling game?

This has so much more "fun" written on it.

If it was a pack in, people would be more excited.

Tennis and Bowling were very fun, universally understood games that lead Wii Sports to be massive success across generations. Swing the Wiimote like a bat. Roll it like a ball. Everyone regardless of experience or age instantly got it.

1, 2, Switch is not as simple as you're making it out to be.

J@hranimo

Banned
Ok, so from the Switch Presentation I was sold on simple "Quick Draw", but didn't know until after the presentation that it was a part of a full game with minigames (I didn't watch the full presentation initially). I was kinda bummed.

Then saw the price of $50 along with the minigames from various hands-on impressions and was like "eh maybe"

Now from the Nintendo NYC event coverage and this thread, I now understand there is more to this package and I'm actually considering getting it, especially to show what the Switch can do with the joycons. Like others have said here, I think this will do fine.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Not their fault that people keep jumping to the worst conclusions all the time without waiting for all the information being out.

oti

Banned
Exactly.

Power on. Grab drinks and push play. 2 minutes you are having fun with nearly no hassle.

Whoah now.

Tennis and Bowling were very fun, universally understood games that lead Wii Sports to be massive success across generations. Swing the Wiimote like a bat. Roll it like a ball. Everyone regardless of experience or age instantly got it.

1, 2, Switch is not as simple as you're making it out to be.

I mean, it's not, not simple. I haven't seen one game in here that I don't think my mom, someone who doesn't play games at all, couldn't immediately grasp.

Catvoca

Banned
Exactly.

Wtf? Tennis and bowling were the best parts of Wii sports

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
As I've said before, this is easily my most anticipated Switch launch title. Hopefully it has the staying power of Nintendoland (Which STILL gets booted up at gettogethers to this day)

Totakeke

I'm not in the camp that assume the worst about everything Nintendo is putting out.

I don't see the point of withholding these kind of information since it's not like they're putting out a direct and unveiling all these as a big deal at a later date after the reveal.

brad-t

I'm not in the camp that assume the worst about everything Nintendo is putting out.

I don't see the point of withholding these kind of information since it's not like they're putting out a direct and unveiling all these as a big deal at a later date after the reveal.

Pulsing out the news this way is inarguably better for maintaining a conversation and awareness around your product leading up to launch, as the constant new threads about 1-2 Switch here might show.

antibolo

Banned

It has simplicity and party game written all over it. The exact thing that appeals to masses.

It's going to fail to reach its true potential because it's not bundled with the console.

Galang

Banned

There's no scenario where this game sells more than 50,000 units. In a year Nintendo will look back and feel embarassed they even tried to sell this game in actual stores

Totakeke

Pulsing out the news this way is inarguably better for maintaining a conversation and awareness around your product leading up to launch, as the constant new threads about 1-2 Switch here might show.

In some cases I agree, but 1-2 Switch has had a bad first impression and I'm (talking out of my ass) assuming that most people have made up their minds about the game.

Certinty

You know what, as overpriced as this is I think this news has made me want to bite. £33 on Amazon UK with Prime is fine.

If I don't get it my Switch will just be a SP Zelda machine for weeks anyway.

Jon

Hopefully this game will have some sort of challenge system, like, "Win X games in a row" or "Win quick draw with a time under 2 seconds"...something like that which will make people want to keep trying to accomplish those goals. The more info that comes out about this game the better it looks each passing day.

For those who are insistent in wishing it was a pack-in title, what if instead it becomes a Wii Play style pack-in with a set of Joy Cons? Would you pay let's say...$100 for this game and a set of blue joy cons?

J@hranimo

Banned
Hopefully this game will have some sort of challenge system, like, "Win X games in a row" or "Win quick draw with a time under 2 seconds"...something like that which will make people want to keep trying to accomplish those goals. The more info that comes out about this game the better it looks each passing day.

For those who are insistent in wishing it was a pack-in title, what if instead it becomes a Wii Play style pack-in with a set of Joy Cons? Would you pay let's say...$100 for this game and a set of blue joy cons?

That could be a possible SKU later down the line. One for more casuals, one for the hardcore.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully this game will have some sort of challenge system, like, "Win X games in a.......

I mean, we already have another set of joycons pre-ordered, so if there was a 2 joycons+1-2-switch combo, I'd buy it

VegaShinra

If the game was priced at $20 or even $30 I'd be all over this. The game keeps sounding and looking better as a party game.

Trace

Banned
What a great way to sell this system if this was a pack in.

I'm not paying $60 to play it as a party game though when Jackbox is $20 and beer pong is free.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
There's no scenario where this game sells more than 50,000 units. In a year Nintendo will look back and feel embarassed they even tried to sell this game in actual stores

Taking this post at face value..it will sell more than 100K in Japan in its first 2 days on sale in all likelihood.

Plum

Better start thinking about how you'd like your crow because even if it turns out terrible with everyone hating it it will still sell much, much more than that.

Top Bottom