• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild **SPOILER FREE** Impression Thread

BOTW-Share_icon.jpg

Rules:
- No story/plot discussion
- No new runes beyond those already known (Stasis/Ice/Magnet)
- No new enemies beyond already known (Bokogoblins Chus Lizalfos etc)
- No side quests
- No dungeons
- No towns
- No screenshots beyond The Great Plateau

Dystify

Those who are playing it are pirating the game, no? I personally wouldn't wanna encourage that.

Edit: I mean all those who aren't press and Nintendo partners.

Fast travel load times on Switch were said to be 5-10 seconds by another Gaffer (according to tweets) Has anyone else seen similar information?

MUnited83

For you.
Those who are playing it are pirating the game, no? I personally wouldn't wanna encourage that.

Edit: I mean all those who aren't press and Nintendo partners.

Street date has been broken in several retailers, many people can get legit copies already.

Khezu

Anyone who has played it or heard a lot of impressions.

How does the game feel with the Joy Cons?

Well I don't mind having to buy a pro controller, doing that kinda screws with the concept of playing it as a portable game.

me0wish

hello beautiful zelda fans, can we agree to not post screenshots beyond the great plateau? even if it's a super awesome screenshot?

I would of totally done that, I think everyone should suggest what not to be "posted" and added to the OP. Basically, this thread needs some rules.

LotusHD

Banned
hello beautiful zelda fans, can we agree to not post screenshots beyond the great plateau? even if it's a super awesome screenshot?

Yea before the thread gets going, now is the prime time to set some ground rules.

EDIT: Not that I'm co-signing the rule of nothing past the plateau, just saying generally speaking, since that caused some tension in the preview thread.

I would of totally done that, I think everyone should suggest what not to be "posted" and added to the OP. Basically, this thread needs some rules.

Nintendo's guidelines seems pretty good, yeah?

- No side quests
- No dungeons
- No towns

with the addition of "nothing past the Great Plateau" although there's been loads of impressions of stuff past that for weeks/months now so maybe a modification of that?

lordy88

- No side quests
- No dungeons
- No towns

with the addition of "nothing past the Great Plateau" although there's been loads of impressions of stuff past that for weeks/months now so maybe a modification of that?

I'm down for this exactly.

Essentially, I've been on a media blackout since E3 2016, which I think a bunch of us have been.

me0wish

- No side quests
- No dungeons
- No towns

Yup, seems pretty good. I'll be posting impressions tomorrow.

- No side quests
- No dungeons
- No towns

I'm cool with this.

I'd really like to hear some firsthand Wii U impressions. I'm hearing mixed things, I'm also getting the impression that people are being paranoid about that version. The video I watched of that version looked fine. I'm sure it'll be pretty consistently 30 fps unless you''re in an area loaded with enemies and such.

Yup, seems pretty good. I'll be posting impressions tomorrow.

Tomorrow?! I hate you.

No I don't you have a RE7 avatar... ok I still hate you. :p

But seriously, enjoy. My questions would all be about the feel of the game many many hours in so I won't have any specific questions for you, just tell us how great everything is.

ubiblu

Great thread given everyone and their dog can use the web address exploit with zero effort to run Loadiine, but some moron will inevitably ruin the thread by posting stuff they didn't consider a spoiler. And then it will descend into arguing about the subjectivity of spoilers, just like the preview thread.

Lasty95

I'm cool with this.

I'd really like to hear some firsthand Wii U impressions. I'm hearing mixed things, I'm also getting the impression that people are being paranoid about that version. The video I watched of that version looked fine. I'm sure it'll be pretty consistently 30 fps unless you''re in an area loaded with enemies and such.

Don't forget there a whole bunch of people investing heavily in Switch and looking for ways to justify it.

WiiU version is clearly fine.

Ninja Dom

Great thread given everyone and their dog can use the web address exploit with zero effort to run Loadiine, but some moron will inevitably ruin the thread by posting stuff they didn't consider a spoiler. And then it will descend into arguing about the subjectivity of spoilers, just like the preview thread.

get

The Big N

Banned
I know of a few people who got legit copies because most retail stores received their shipments late last week or today. Yes, the retailer made a mistake but some of these people paid the same price everyone else is.

Watched the WiiU version in action for about an hour in person. Looks fine, didn't chug and only dropped to 15 a few times but it's certainly not some vastly inferior version like some claim. Runs fine.

Servbot24

Banned
How much voice acting is in the game, and is there an option to turn it off? To me VO seems like an off switch to the magic and imagination Zelda makes me feel and I'd love to be able to disable it.

Cloukyo

Banned

- No side quests
- No dungeons
- No towns

So basically nothing nintendo hasn't already shown us?

Sounds good to me, I want everything to be fresh.

I'll keep asking and hoping to get an answer:

Is there an ingame timer that shows how many hours/minutes you've played? Since NS has no Activity Log (parental controls aren't a Activity Log) I'm hoping it has atleast an ingame timer.

Also is that one hard save and five autosaves thing really true? So when I want to replay the game I'd have to erase my save file? The fuck? :/. You can also save it on another profile but I like keeping everything in one proifle.

I'm gonna roll the dice and subscribe to this one. If someone drops a big spoiler I'm gonna be so pissed
at myself

For those playing this for a long period of time (cause, of course you will) in handheld mode, can you tell me if it gets uncomfortable after a while or not?

Top Bottom