• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 5 Famitsu Interview (Confirms SH5 being developed by SH team)

Mau ®

I didn't see this posted so...

Japanese Magazine Famitsu interview Akira Yamaoka on Silent Hill 5
Akira Yamaoka was recently interviewed by Japanese Magazine Famitsu. The interview asked main about Silent Hill 5 and Silent Hill: Origins. I dont have the scan but here is the interview roughly (badly) translated:

FM: Hello Akira Yamaoka and thank you for reporting to us on Silent Hill series. Our number one question is that on Silent Hill 5. How far has the production come along as it was announced a few years ago.

Akira: I cannot say much about the development of the game but i can say we are working on a new unique idea of fear in daylight and the game will play like Silent Hill 2's psychological roots.

FM: As the famous silent hill composer, will you be doing the music for Silent Hill 5?

Akira: I will be composing the music which has started being made now, but i am a far from finished. I cannot say anything about the music or the type im making but i can say that fans of the previous soundtracks should be pleased with its outcome.

FM: Alot of speculation has been made about the platform the game will play on, which can we expect?

Akira: We cannot say yet but we are hoping to carry on the plans of the earlier silent hill platforms.

FM: You earlier mentioned the concept of "scary daytime" can you expand on that?

Akira: Its a hard idea to explain, but you really have to look at the scene to understand. In a way like the Resident Evil 5 trailer where it was not the middle of the night and the vision was clear but the fear was still there. It will not be the same but that is an explanation of the idea of having fear in daylight. It is a concept that we are working on at the moment still.

FM: We have missed the Tokyo Game show chance to see silent hill 5 trailer, will we see any new informations on it next?

Akira: I cannot say when or where we will make the idea public but it is in production.

FM: Silent Hill for Playstation portable is on the schedule for opening in Q1 2007 has team silent been taking up time working on the portable project which is why we do not see silent hill 5 in the public?

Akira: Team Silent are working on the Japan project and are not involved in Silent Hill: Origins. I have composed the 15 musical, 4 vocal tracks for the game which is now completed.

FM: Thank you for this interview Akira Yamaoka, we cannot wait to speak again.

Wouldn't that confirm SH5 being developed by *gasp* Team Silent Hill. Take that haterz!

Link:

http://silenthillorigins.com/

Macht

This is great news for all Silent Hill fans. I was a bit worried about the rumor of another team working on it, but I'm glad that's all cleared up now. Can't wait to see the first shots/trailer whenever they come out :p.

Mau ®

WTF?! A Silent Hill Next Gen interview and only 8 replies?! Would it help if we called it

"Silent Hill 5 coming to Xbox 360!!! PS3 Doomed!"

Strike

inthezone said:
WTF?! A Silent Hill Next Gen interview and only 8 replies?!

Maybe you should've waited until tomorrow to put this up or substituted "Silent Hill" with Virtua Fighter 5.

wsippel

Banned
So, is this "Konami Untitled Action-Adventure #1" or "Konami Untitled Action-Adventure #2" from the Wii release list (Nintendo World 2006)? ;)

{Mike}

Banned
YES! I was also fearing another team to work on SH5. GLad to finally know this was a rumor. SH5 GOTY 2007! :lol

wsippel

Banned
Guns N' Poops said:
In your dreams.
To be perfectly honest, I don't even care. But I would love to see the meltdown, especially if Nintendo moneyhatted Konami to make it an exclusive. :D

The two games I mentioned are really on the official list, two of the seven Konami games for Wii announced so far...

Mau ®

wsippel said:
To be perfectly honest, I don't even care. But I would love to see the meltdown, especially if Nintendo moneyhatted Konami to make it an exclusive. :D

The two games I mentioned are really on the official list, two of the seven Konami games for Wii announced so far...

I would love an SH game for Wii. Lots of potential there and graphically it would be good anyway. The SH3 engine is wonderful.

Wollan

Child laughter coming from your Wii controller and potential smooth flashlight wiimote control would be the only redeeming features for a Wii version. But with SH I really want my graphics.

Alex

hie said:
I'm pretty sure this is still being made by an American dev team...sorry dudes.

After Silent Hill 4, I'm pretty sure "Sorry dudes..." is the name of said dev team.

Sean*O

Awesome. The elusion to multiplatform (hoping that means PC as well as consoles, like most previous SH games) and developed by Team Silent. Yamaoka is the man.

hie

where is it confirmed here that it's the SH team doing 5? the composer is just confirming that he's doing the music...

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
hie said:
where is it confirmed here that it's the SH team doing 5? the composer is just confirming that he's doing the music...

Akira: Team Silent are working on the Japan project

Isn't that SH5?

hie

i'm not sure....but as soon as a week ago, the US team was still working on SH5. unless something crazy just happened.

Snaku

Banned
hie said:
i'm not sure....but as soon as a week ago, the US team was still working on SH5. unless something crazy just happened.

I think you're confused. Team Silent is working on SH5, while SH Origins is being worked on by someone else.

Sean*O

Unless there is a third SH project going on, this would confirm Team Silent is doing SH5. That's the way I read it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Snaku said:
I think you're confused. Team Silent is working on SH5, while SH Origins is being worked on by someone else.

Unless he's saying he KNOWS the team developing it.

Mau ®

hie said:

Okay... Are you a insider or what? The Collective are supposedly working on Harker, not SH5.

Busty

Banned
inthezone said:
Okay... Are you a insider or what? The Collective are supposedly working on Harker, not SH5.

Last thing I heard about that The Collective were spending oodles and oodles of Warner Bros' money on the Dirty Harry game for 360/PS3.

And there's no way WB are opening their cheque books for The Collective's B-Team.

Who'd have thought it, the Silent Hill franchise potentially owned by Clint Eastwood?:D

Fady K

Snaku said:

Climax right? That kinda scares me though, i wonder how Konami chose them to make a Silent Hill game.

Top Bottom