• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI - New Screenshots

Exentryk

PS4:
pic01_z.jpg

pic02_z.jpg

pic03_z.jpg

pic04_z.jpg

pic05_z.jpg

mdAKSZ1.jpg

pic06_z.jpg

8fSTa1o.jpg

3DS:

http://www.dq11.jp/index.html

DKHF

Game is looking good... I'm curious when they will announce/what will be the Japanese release date.

Gambit

While the console version looks good I can barely contain my excitement for the 3DS one!

Looks so great. Crossing my fingers it will actually leave Japan

Ray Down

Banned
While the console version looks good I can barely contain my excitement for the 3DS one!

Looks so great. Crossing my fingers it will actually leave Japan
I really doubt it will since this is most likely a 2018 release outside of America.

That console version is day one all day but the 3DS version looks fun too.

I hope there is a major story difference between the two or a reason to get them both other than graphics.

All from cutscenes, I guess.

Is there a gameplay screenshot(s) yet out there that I might've missed? Especially combat.

NolbertoS

I'm getting both versions. Might play the PS4 game first though, as the graphics are nice eye candy. If a Switch version comes out, might triple dip. As you can see, I love me some DQ :p

Jacobson

So excited for this game. Played 4,5,6 and 9 on the DS, with 9 and 5 tied for my most favorite. Playing 7 and 8 rignt now on my 3ds. will be buying this one on the Switch!

ffvorax

I guess it will still have the battle system with the front vision of the enemies...?
I know it's "stupid" but I just can't get in games with that battle visuals... no DQ, nor Eye of the Beholder and other classics... :(

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Is this CG or artwork? Damn DQ is taking cues from FF in terms of graphical CG and quality.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hope blonde dude and purple haired guy are recurring bosses.

Interesting how the hero is being pursued by the stereotypical good guys this time around. Not that he and his friends seem like bad guys, but that's pretty far outside the bounds of tradition for DQ, is it not?

aravuus

PS4 version looks nuts. Hopefully it will evoke the same feeling of grand adventure DQ VIII did when I played it for the first time all those years ago.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
The PS4 version is the dream I've dreamt since DQVIII.

Thank you, Horii. Thank you so much for returning to your senses. Although I applaud the radical experimentation in IX and X, I just don't think they should have been mainline numbered entries (especially X; FFXI and XIV worked better because both MMOs were/are concurrent with single-player narrative-focused mainline FFs).

So much hype.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I have this feeling it'll be as open world as it gets, kinda like DQVIII but more expansive.

arcticice

the console version looks absolute badass. I haven't played any of the DQ games before, but the more i see of this game, more i wanna play it

Lucreto

The PS4 version looks amazing. The art style transfers well to HD.

The Switch version if Heroes 2 is anything to go by won't be the same graphically and run below 30fps.

Sayad

Love everything about this game except the hero's hairstyle, pls let there be an in game barber shop.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Love everything about this game except the hero's hairstyle, pls let there be an in game barber shop.
I love it, it's so Toriyama.

The purple cloak is a nice contrast to DQVIII Hero's yellow jacket, which works as I feel like this game is trying to evoke a similar vibe.

Jacobson

The PS4 version is the dream I've dreamt since DQVIII.

Thank you, Horii. Thank you so much for returning to your senses. Although I applaud the radical experimentation in IX and X, I just don't think they should have been mainline numbered entries (especially X; FFXI and XIV worked better because both MMOs were/are concurrent with single-player narrative-focused mainline FFs).

So much hype.

Not a fan of X, but I though IX was really good. If you haven't played it, please do.

FireVoa

Now that FFXV has been released and enjoyed the new love in my life that I cannot wait for is this. So gorgeous. I need this so bad.....

Top Bottom