• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda multiplayer DLC will be free

I know quite a few were hoping for this, so there it is:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ma...iplayer-dlc/1100-6448482/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

2ieH2UV.jpg
https://twitter.com/aarynflynn/status/838507553491341313

Rellik

Nice. Just please don't lump important storyline missions into expensive SP DLC again, please.

Expect amazingly grindy experience to get characters and weapons from drop box and tons of cosmetic and lootbox sold at high prices...

Still hope it turns good. MP was great in ME3.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Nice. Just please don't lump important storyline missions into expensive SP DLC again, please.

Javik's back to explain the back story of the entire Andromeda Galaxy...for ten dollars unless you preorder!

godisreal.gif

This is great news. I was hoping it would be the case. ME3 MP was fantastic and I have no doubt this will be as good or better.

DOWN

Banned
ME3 was the first big game I played with this model and it is frankly the way all multiplayer should be. Overwatch is the best modern example of it I guess, but I'm glad BioWare was doing it first in AAA.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Javik's back to explain the back story of the entire Andromeda Galaxy...for ten dollars unless you preorder!

"In my cycle, we learned no other galaxy can be trusted. You would be wise to throw Andromeda out the airlock."

Ajax125

Banned
This game is on track to being just as great as ME3 was, MP wise.

Can't wait to sink another 100+ hours into the MP

Yaaaaaaass!!!! I spent more time in ME3 MP than playing the campaign. It's actually one of the main reasons I'm excited for ME:A so this is good to hear.

scraz

Here is some free maps, If you would like to gain access to mythic weapon loot crates please subscribe to EA access platinum. There's always a fucking catch with EA.

malfcn

I thought it was known. But more confirmation is good. Hopefully no loot keys, but of course there will be consumables.

Good, good. Figured that'd be the case but it's nice to have confirmation. As long as the boxes are priced like ME3's (top tier ever couple matches) I'll be happy.

Anyone remember DAI MP? That was... something.

Literally nobody remembers DAI multi. Its like the Silence, the second you stop playing it erases itself from your mind.

Nb4 Awakened Kett character released later this year.
Hey man I'll take it. Fucking loved the weirder ME3 classes.

I thought this was already known? Scares me to think that we could've had paid multiplayer DLC AND microtransactions, microtransactions are already bad enough.

Yup, DEMOLISHED.

While they're shooting the same AI enemy I am since there is no PvP.

Awful post.

In all fairness, I expect that there may be some gearcheck based bullying in public lobbies, depending on how much you can see before and during a match, especially on higher difficulties. You see it in most co-op games these days. I mean, tell me you haven't been kicked or seen someone kicked because of gearscore in wow, the division, or any other game with loot.

Schlorgan

In all fairness, I expect that there may be some gearcheck based bullying in public lobbies, depending on how much you can see before and during a match, especially on higher difficulties. You see it in most co-op games these days. I mean, tell me you haven't been kicked or seen someone kicked because of gearscore in wow, the division, or any other game with loot.
Did that ever happen in ME3 though?

Top Bottom