• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yasunori Mitsuda: Large-scale recording for Xenoblade 2 OST at the end of the month

MomoQca

Link

Google translation:

Large-scale recording is abridged at the end of this month.
Of course the title is an example of Xeno.
This time the writer puts himself and there are five people, but the
score is compiled by me all,
so the premonition that seems to be a tremendous amount of musical score ....
Even a part-time job may not make it in time (^ ^;) to hire it.
This picture is still about 1/4.
Moreover, it
is still about half because it is about half from the total number of songs .
I have no choice but to work hard on each step.

xenoscore.jpg

Credit goes to skypunch for finding the blog post

I wonder what this means for the games completion percent overall. I feel like music is something you'd make later once you have largely finalized a lot of other stuff since you want to make sure the music fits the rest of the game

DJIzana

The return of Chrono Trigger era Mitsuda?

Dunno if we'll get anything as epic as Chrono Trigger or Chrono Cross levels of music from Mitsuda san again. The original Xenoblade, he only composed what... 1-2 songs or something, apparently?

Even the newest Valkyria Chronicles game... OST was great but I dunno. I hold Chrono Trigger and Cross OST's to extremely high levels.

Bebpo

Banned
Initially I really missed Mitsuda in Takahashi games since Mitsuda is an incredible composer and has given Xeno~ a musical identity. But ACE+ (who did most of the soundtrack) and Shimomura did such a wonderful job with XB1, I'm ok either way. More Mitsuda never hurts though, especially since Shimomura isn't returning.

XBX's ost is ok. I think Sawano gets unfairly dogged on (Unicorn Gundam's main themes are A++) and there's some really good tracks in XBX, but then there's some weird stuff like the town music. I think Sawano + ACE+ could work for XBX2 if Sawano is back.

Kamek

She's the only composer from the first game who isn't returning. Yasunori Mitsuda, the three composers who were credited as ACE+, and Manami Kiyota are all working on the soundtrack.

Good to know. Do you have the source on that so I can read it for myself?

Initially I really missed Mitsuda in Takahashi games since Mitsuda is an incredible composer and has given Xeno~ a musical identity. But ACE+ (who did most of the soundtrack) and Shimomura did such a wonderful job with XB1, I'm ok either way. More Mitsuda never hurts though, especially since Shimomura isn't returning.

XBX's ost is ok. I think Sawano gets unfairly dogged on (Unicorn Gundam's main themes are A++) and there's some really good tracks in XBX, but then there's some weird stuff like the town music.

Everyone seems to forget about Manami Kiyota. :(

Seik

Banned
She's the only composer from the first game who isn't returning. Yasunori Mitsuda, the three composers who were credited as ACE+, and Manami Kiyota are all working on the soundtrack.

Aw, that's too bad. :(

Anyways, she delivered so much on FFXV, I just can't be sad, haha! The soundtrack will be killer I'm pretty sure of that!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Is Shimomura involved with 2 at all?

Nope, but it looks like Mitsuda has taken over the lead and is much more involved than Shimomura was on the first. I'm okay with this honestly, though I wouldn't mind an arrangement or two of Shimomura's contributions to the first game if they can do it and find a place for it (maybe the title screen?).

XBX's ost is ok. I think Sawano gets unfairly dogged on (Unicorn Gundam's main themes are A++) and there's some really good tracks in XBX, but then there's some weird stuff like the town music. I think Sawano + ACE+ could work for XBX2 if Sawano is back.

I'd just be happy if there is a XBX2 lol. He left us hanging with that one and it does have a different tone from Xenoblade 1/2 so I'm hopeful.

Reki

Thanks to your comment I noticed ACE+ wasn't listed. Wondering why Hiramatsu is presented as a standalone musician.

Anyways, happy to hear the news!

Top Bottom