• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces Romancing SaGa 3 REMASTER for PS Vita/Smartphones

Arzehn

Awesome, just recently played RomSaga 3 on my SNES, great game. Tons of (hidden) content, a bit grindy though.

I recommend it, but only if you have patience, there's no clear objective at the start.

Maybe they will localize this one like they did 2 (still waiting on the Vita release for 2).

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
If it's like 2 it's going to be a great remaster. But since the localization of the Vita version of 2 has been forgotten I'm not going to get any hopes of this coming here on both. I wish they'd do a retail collection of these for us though, that would really be exciting.

randomkid

it would be a long-time dream come true for us to get this game over here, but with the mobile version of 2 tanking and the Vita version in limbo I'm feeling pretty pessimistic.

missing this one is gonna really hurt!

duckroll

panelimg01.jpg

GFOhgoiaeh ioeghio ahtyae
y earp jyuaerojy aeopj paojy

UGGLGLA' FAQWWW!!!!

I remember grinding out the toughest monsters in the game in like the first or second dungeon.

Don't think I'll ever understand Romancing Saga.

Itsuki

Finally! Now I can replay Romancing SaGa 3! I still need to finish the Romancing SaGa 2 remaster that came out last year....

duckroll

Star Ocean 3 didn't get a proper port, so if they ever touch RS1 PS2 (and Unlimited lol) it'll probably be PS2 on PS4.

What's improper about it? I mean, it's not a full remaster for sure, but it seems like a proper port via emulation aid and some minor improvements/features.

Takao

Banned
What's improper about it? I mean, it's not a full remaster for sure, but it seems like a proper port via emulation aid and some minor improvements/features.

A native port would allow for larger improvements, a greater shot at a physical release and the potential for availability on more platforms.

MilkBeard

Dammit, I've always wanted to play this game. I'm glad that Romancing SaGa 2 was enough of a success to release 3. Let's hope it reaches west.

I still need to play RS2 even though I got it on my phone...

But I played RS3 like crazy and is easily one of my favorite SNES JRPGs. Awesome music, awesome art, and story isn't bad to boot.

Faustek

Have they ever mentioned us in the west when it comes to these reports? Yes I made a word.

Hahahahaha. So this is what's causing the delay of RS2 on Vita, clearly they're planning on releasing both at once on a cart for my consumer pleasure.

:(

Getting increasingly ridiculous how long it's taking to get RS2 Vita out over here, but hopefully it'll come and this too. Haven't played anything in this franchise since SaGa Frontier 2 and would love to play these.

I remember seeing screenshots of this game as a kid in, I think, EGM. The art seemed directly lifted from FF3-we called it that shut up- which to me was the most exciting thing ever. Never did get around to beating it, maybe the time is finally at hand.

Awesome. I've spent a bunch of time playing rs3 on zsnes, with different characters and stuff. Never got close to beating it but it was fun. Favorite part was the merchant mini game... It will probably be a lot harder without the ability to abuse state saves/loads though.

Link1110

Gonna come out in English? I'll buy regardless of course since I love this game. Squares late SNES output was amazing. I've yet to see any company in one year best squares in 1995.

18-Volt

Hoping this would lead to a Minstrel Sonng PS4 PS2 Classic release. I have yet to play that game and I don't want to spend a fortune on eBay to do that.

Hahahahaha. So this is what's causing the delay of RS2 on Vita, clearly they're planning on releasing both at once on a cart for my consumer pleasure.

My guess is they want to release it close to Scarlet Grace localization to promote it.

Aeana

I was hoping they'd do this. My favorite SaGa game. I wonder if they'll even bother with an English release, since it seems like 2 tanked.

Top Bottom