• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Left Joycon Analog Stick Already Broken...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had both of my Joycons in the Joycon Grip when it slipped out of my hand and fell onto the carpeted floor (mind you under the carpet is a hard floor). I picked it back up to find that the left Joycon stick would not click when I pressed it and there was some interference when I would rotate it. As you could imagine--I was pissed. I called Nintendo to send it back and was immediately put on with a rep. The woman I talked to was very friendly and helpful. She said they would take only the Joycon in and afford me overnight shipping at no extra cost. I was quite pleased with Nintendo's customer service but I cant help but be pissed by the fact that my console, that isn't even a month old, is having issues. Its a lucky thing that I finished Zelda yesterday or I would be extra pissed.

Has anyone else had a similar problem with the Joycon or a similar experience with Nintendo's customer service?

maxcriden

That is really frustrating, sorry to hear it. At least on the bright side as you said it happened after you finished Zelda. If you had planned to get a ProCon now might be a good time to consider that if you want to play your Switch sooner than the JCL is returned to you (presuming you don't have games you can play with just one Joy-Con...though...I don't honestly know if any exist yet?).

Alpha_eX

But yeah, really fortunate that you finished Zelda before! My Left Joycon slips out without pressing the lock button, not sure why or how that's happening.

MCN

Banned
Don't be so clumsy in the future? That's not the console having issues, that's you breaking the console through your own fault. Quite frankly, Nintendo have gone above and beyond in sorting it for you.

I drove my Corolla into a lake and Toyota replaced the motor for free. Can't help but feel disappointed in this vehicle.

mdubs

Banned
Don't be so clumsy in the future? That's not the console having issues, that's you breaking the console through your own fault. Quite frankly, Nintendo have gone above and beyond in sorting it for you.

Pretty much this. They've gone above and beyond to help you out already

Glix

The stick is a cap on a ball type thing I think.

Earlier today I was cleaning my joycon and it sort of... flipped up the plastic on the bottom of the stick, that tucks into the ball underneath. The stick stiffened and would not fully rotate.

I was able to sort of jimmy it back the way it was, and now everything is fine, but it was weird and surprising.

Atheerios

my console, that isn't even a month old, is having issues

It's not the console having issues, it's entirely your own fault. You should be grateful that Nintendo offered a free replacement, as the warrant doesn't cover your clumsiness.

I've dropped mine already and they didn't break. However I noticed my left analog is kinda loose in comparison to the right one. Also my right joycon doesn't connect as firmly to the Switch as the left.

I think their manufacturing process isn't fully refined yet. It's overall pretty good, but there are minor quality issues here and there.

Rookhelm

the analog sticks do feel a little flimsy to me, though I've barely played the Switch in handheld mode.

The Pro controller is awesome though. One of the best controllers I've used in a while (Dual Shock 4 might still be my favorite though).

Neoweee

I've dropped controllers hundreds of time and have never had a problem before.

Yeah, I do agree that it is a legitimate complaint that the system appears to be pretty fragile. I've never broken a system or controller from dropping it, despite having done so many times.

You dropped the controller and Nintendo is replacing it with free overnight shipping. Let me shed some crocodile tears real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom