• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Texas is being overrun by Bob-ombs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NR1

6A278757-B0AA-4C9D-B5F7-091E669A76E1.jpg
3D2A133F-C154-4235-B631-2DA6A8BD07EC.jpg

For several years now, people in the Dallas-Fort Worth area have been greeted by these Bomb-omb images all over the place. I have seen them painted on street signs, old barns, bridges, business walls, and various other locations. Sometimes they appear as stickers while other times they are spray paint. The above photos were taken by me on March 15th in Rockwall, TX at the intersection of E Washington and S Fannin Streets.

Based on this Tumblr account, these guys have been popping up all around Texas since as early as April 2011.

http://whereisbobomb.tumblr.com

Where is Bob-omb? said:
I saw my first one in Austin during SXSW and then saw two more later that week. It looks like a modified Bob-omb from Mario. Did some searching around on the web and found other folks noticing it too.

Then, while visiting family in the Dallas area, I see another one. Now I'm obsessed! What is this thing and why do I keep seeing it everywhere?!?!

I started this site to track down more of these and/or figure out what the hell it means. If you come across this smoking, walking bomb, snap a picture and post it here!

It wasn't until now, that I learned that these guys were popping up outside of the DFW area. It appears to be limited to Texas though. Anyone else seen these bob-ombs while driving to work or hanging out around town? Any thoughts as to what they are suppose to mean?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just seems like a wider scale design for a bunch of taggers. My friend is big into this stuff and I'll ask him about it and he's always telling me to be on the lookout for certain designs or symbols of his favorite artists or what not.

JertSim

Neo Member
If they want to vandalize stuff thats fine but itd be nice if they left signs alone. Sign departments have enough to do without worrying about minor vandalism. It cost so much money to repair the signs that are in disrepair.

Edit: Op if you took these pics can you report them to your local agency. These types of things take away from the actual meaning of the sign and caurs and accident. Pls report asap

Don't laugh at the guy, I couldn't solve that math problem.

Where is that calculator on my iPhone?
Honestly, I encourage it. It's near 2am, I've got a headache and I've been trying to get to sleep for like 5 hours. People in here clowning on me is the only thing that's made me feel better.

But all I did was divide 360 by 4 then give up so, lol.

Spladam

OP is stealth advertising his own tags on the internet.
It's near 2am
I've been awake for like 18 hours
I have a headache
I knowingly didn't bother to finish the question because of the above lol
Remember to always check your work before you answer, :)

If they want to vandalize stuff thats fine but itd be nice if they left signs alone. Sign departments have enough to do without worrying about minor vandalism. It cost so much money to repair the signs that are in disrepair.

Edit: Op if you took these pics can you report them to your local agency. These types of things take away from the actual meaning of the sign and caurs and accident. Pls report asap

Z7_He_Rx_U.gif

In Atlanta there are these little guys that look like pissed off Pac-Man ghosts. I've been seeing them for at least 10 years. I doubt they're actually meant to be a Pac-Man reference, but it's what they make me think of. The idea of nerdy graffiti is really humorous to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom