• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Videogamedunkey: Yooka-Laylee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
I greatly disagree with almost everything in the video (Although we can agree on world 4 being the worst world).

I'm really not sure why he thinks the hub world is confusing. I thought where you need to go is always obvious.

His mention of the JonTron situation is... interesting.

Yeah.

Basically 'he said dumb shit haha let's play it off he's a good guy'

He didn't say he was a good guy. He made a joke that the "horrible and disgusting" thing we said was that the new Zelda wasn't that great and said Devs came off arrogant for announcing they're cutting him when they barely even mentioned he was originally in the game. Still a bit weird though.

He didn't say he was a good guy. He made a joke that the "horrible and disgusting" thing we said was that the new Zelda wasn't that great and said Devs came off arrogant for announcing they're cutting him when they barely even mentioned he was originally in the game.

I'm reading between the lines there because his follow up was exactly as you said, "please don't publicly humiliate this guy"

Courage

lmao I remember when some people were saying 'WOULDN'T IT BE AWESOME IF THEY REPLACED JONTRON'S VOICEWORK WITH DUNKEY?'

Oh yeah, totally awesome.

Gestault

I'm always surprised when I see his videos that are more straight-up editorial than funny stuff (I got introducted to him through stuff like the FF7 vid). This is totally solid, and his impressions of Banjo-Kazooie vs Banjo Tooie fit my feelings exactly.

RS4-

FF'd until he actually got to the Yookalaylee stuff, then closed the vid after he did the jontron shit.

Basically 'he said dumb shit haha let's play it off he's a good guy'

Sad all these YouTubers feel the need to defend their piece of shit friends

I don't watch dunkey videos for social commentary. I'm glad he left it where he did (definitely didn't say "he's a good guy" like you're implying) and made a small joke about it instead of feeling the need to tell us that "saying racist things is bad" like we're a bunch of kindergarteners.

He said Jontron said some disgusting things and then diverted with a joke. People on Gaf aren't happy unless blood is split.

wamberz1

Isn't Dunkey the guy that got banned from League of Legends?

https://twitter.com/MisterLyte/stat...rame?id=twitter-642944901928370176&autosize=1

Riot claims it was for hate speech.

Here is the video where he talks about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjzgbZL12VI&list=PLMBTl5yXyrGQTBDqpquLgLpgmuall8yUI

He calls someone a "fucking worthless braindead scumfuck bastard pile of trash mental dickface that should be gunned down in the street like the degenerate you are" according to him.

Then has the audacity to ask riot to unban him.

So yeah, guess my stance on the guy.

Ferrio

Banned
I don't watch dunkey videos for social commentary. I'm glad he left it where he did (definitely didn't say "he's a good guy" like you're implying) and made a small joke about it instead of feeling the need to tell us that "saying racist things is bad" like we're a bunch of kindergarteners.

At first that's what I was thinking, but why bring it up at all then? At best it's tone deaf, at worst he's defending him.

Are you serious? In this day and age? Where YouTubers can say shit much worse and hide like fucking cowards behind "oh no the PC mob"? Christ.

Anyway it was vague enough that Dunkey might have been saying he didn't agree with Jontron or Playtronic. 2nd part was bullshit but he was being jokey.

PeterGAF

Banned
Yeah, first thing I noticed.

Sure, he wad removed because he said he wasn't impressed by Zelda and not because he said some racist shit, suuuuure bud.
It was a joke about people freaking out over low Zelda reviews. Come on guys...

But I guess Dunkey is now on GAF's shit list and JonTron is going to ultimately be the big topic of this thread. You all should just unsubscribe from Dunkey right now and get it over with if you can't take a joke.

Real Hero

It doesn't matter why you watch something. By bringing it up and talking about in a specific way he is making social commentary.

Camjo-Z

"Playtonic is arrogant for publicly announcing JonTron's removal!"

Call me crazy, but something tells me if they'd silently removed his voice from the game there would have been an even bigger shitstorm about CENSORSHIP!!!!11!

CryptiK

"Playtonic is arrogant for publicly announcing JonTron's removal!"

Call me crazy, but something tells me if they'd silently removed his voice from the game there would have been an even bigger shitstorm about CENSORSHIP!!!!11!
It was a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom