• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Treasures (Rareware art book) coming August 29th

Camjo-Z

Yx0hWez.jpg

Dark Horse Books is proud to present the history and highlights of the iconic studio Rare, from birth to present day! This encyclopedic volume features art, commentary, and brand-new insights from the team to create a chronicle of Rare’s three-decade gaming legacy.

* The perfect companion to Rare Replay!
* A comprehensive history of the Rare studio!
* Featuring concept art and commentary from the team!

Publication Date: August 29, 2017
Writers: Chris Allcock, Leigh Loveday
Format: FC, 200 pages; HC, 9'' x 12''
Price: $39.99

They had me at Leigh Loveday. It seems like every time you think you finally know everything there is to know about Rare and its games there's something else you never heard before, so I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully Nintendo lets this "comprehensive history" include plenty of those great Donkey Kong CG renders.

Salty Hippo

So bought. Kinda crazy that they're releasing this now when there's not much hype about anything the studio is doing. Releasing it close to Rare Replay would have been better. I'm sure the hardcores will be there, I just don't think there are many of us left.

Alienfan

I hope they cover their 360 work. Early 360 Rare was the best Rare, Viva Pinata + Nuts and Bolts (the best Banjo, fight me) were incredibly creative one of a kind games. A shame people associate their 360 work with kinect sports and have this rose tinted perspective with the original Banjo games and most of their Nintendo portfolio.

I'm very excited for Sea of Thieves

I hope they cover their 360 work. Early 360 Rare was the best Rare, Viva Pinata + Nuts and Bolts (the best Banjo, fight me) were incredibly creative one of a kind games. A shame people associate their 360 work with kinect sports and have this rose tinted perspective with the original Banjo games and most of their Nintendo portfolio.

I'm very excited for Sea of Thieves

Early 360 Rare is the best Rare? That's some rose tinted glasses for you. I'd say there's a better argument for their pre-second party work, before Nintendo purchased half of them.

Poona

Oh wow. Will have to keep a look out for this. Wonder if there'll be a limited edition version or something of the sort with some bonus Banjo treasures.

Also wonder about how much it will cover on things like Meepo and whatever was going on with the Kameo sequel.

Lylo

Looks good, unfortunatelly it's an art book, i would rather have a book about Rare's history, i would love some details about Rare directly from the Stamper brothers, but i'm sure that won't happen...

I really doubt any Nintendo IP shows up.

I probably will pick this book up.

I do wish they did DLC for Rare Replay for all their handheld games. There's a lot of handheld entries in franchises that are in Rare Replay.

Top Bottom