• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's 2017 and Injustice 2 still isn't coming to PC at launch.

I really can't understand the logic behind this. Seems insane to me that after all the previous fuckery concerning MKX that Netherrealm and WB still don't understand that their is a demand for their games on PC.

I have a PS4 Pro and Xbox One but PC is my preferred platform due to the fidelity but WB and Netherrealm are limiting any potential PC market by launching months earlier on other platforms. Basically pushing anyone who is interested into buying on an alternative platform. It took forever for MKXL to finally hit PC but when it did I mistakenly assumed that it would be the last time WB neglected the market.

No pro's are going to rise up on PC because typically they are going to be getting in early with console versions.

It all just seems a bit crazy to neglect a platform, One which has seen strong growth in recent years.

To be clear no official announcement of a PC version happening has been made at all but it's expected.

I used to buy their games on PC but I'm not touching them now.

MKX had no support for fixing the PC version for an eternity, and there was no support at all for any kind of ESL integration on that platform because they didn't give a shit. The PC version was also regularly behind in patches, which caused issues with me trying to compete at local events.

I'm probably the typical customer for that game, and WB know they can't convince me to buy in after MK9, Injustice and MKX all being total shitshows on release, and still are to some degree even now.

Uraizen

Banned
They probably don't want to update it alongside the console version and will just give us the "complete" edition or whatever when they're done with it.

Archtreyz

They probably don't see too much demand on the PC side of things to worry about a day and date release with the console versions.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Why are these the only 2 options. Why can't they release a solid PC version alongside console versions. Like .. basically every other developer

You mean like Rockstar Games?

Also that's port begging.

Garlador

Why are these the only 2 options. Why can't they release a solid PC version alongside console versions. Like .. basically every other developer
A lot of games have had janky PC releases, not just this developer (and they don't typically handle the PC versions. They were almost always outsourced).

PC is arguable the hardest to develop for because of the variety of often widely divergent user specs. Console development is working with very strict parameters. They have admitted before that's their comfort zone and why other porting studios handle their PC ports.

Better question is why WB doesn't hire better porting studios.

RedHill

Banned
I don't understand what the year has to do with anything. There was a lot of problems with Warner Games so they aren't putting the work in anymore

Corpekata

Banned
At this point the only WB game I'd consider buying day one are ones by Monolith (or by studios they don't own like Avalanche's Mad Max).

They probably learned their lesson after the clusterfuck of a launch that was MKX.

It's all about priorities. They feel that PC is simply not their biggest rescue source right now. I'm sure they something planned for PC whether Netherealms ports it or not. Just how it is.

Krosia

There is absolutely no market for this. Why would you throw the money out of the window? Europes biggest PC market, germany, gives a fuck A about super heroes and B about fighting games.

Then your publisher WB does not care about PC and the dev has zero skill when it comes to ports plus a bad reputation after MKX. There is just no argument to be made for a port.

Velcro Fly

Probably want to avoid another Arkham Knight

If it comes out later and isn't shit then good on them for not rushing it out for a quick buck imo.

WB on PC are even worse than Japanese developers these days. I'd avoid it even when it does come out if I were you until it's dirt cheap. AK with season pass dropped in price so fast and it was actually quite enjoyable after all the patches.

ezekial45

Banned
MKX has come a long way since its launch. QLOC did a wonderful job fixing it up.

So I imagine that WB Games wants to see how I2 performs on consoles first before letting it loose on PC.

Biggest waste of £35 ever, it was so broken for so long, online just never worked properly amongst other things.

It wasn't even just that. What pissed me off was the 30GB patch that they released and wiped off everyone's save data.. I was livid about that.

Besides WB Games on PC being crap, sadly for all us we're probably never again getting a PC release alongside with consoles, publishers want to boost console sales as much as they can before any game hits PC and gets pirated to oblivion.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Have the pc versions of the game got proper support after launch? Most people I've seen say no so I'm fine with no PC version if it's just going to be unoptimized shit.

pa22word

Every other developer??

In 2017 objectively bad (by that I mean worse than the console version on objectively superior hardware) pc versions from Western studios are not very common. Warner is the only studio I can think of this gen who have routinely shat out objectively bad pc versions from their internal teams. Exception being monolith, but monolith has quite the storied history on pc so it'd be weird if they of all teams made a bad pc game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There is absolutely no market for this. Why would you throw the money out of the window? Europes biggest PC market, germany, gives a fuck A about super heroes and B about fighting games.

On the contrary, Injustice has sold over 900k on the PC thus far and had sold more than 600k prior to its first Bundle Stars bundle (though that's not to imply the lion's share were at full price).

I never buy fighting games on PC. The ports are always crap and the player base is typically very low.

Street Fighter V was probably the only exception to the rule. It having cross platform support pretty much guaranteed that it would have the same support as the console versions.

HeatBoost

I'd be curious about the root cause with this.

Does WB just think that extra PC sales don't justify the investment?

Is it a Netherrealm issue? I doubt that's likely, considering that WB seems to have issues across multiple studios

Is there some producer somewhere with a chip on his shoulder against the PC crowd?

Can you not just let the market be what it is and leave it alone to evolve naturally without Verruca Salt style demands and outrage?

PC has no inalienable right to get all big games coming out. What generally gains your platform favour is sales results. PC has proved very profitable and lucrative for a lot of game types, with lots of niches, especially recently, but this does not mean it's profitable or worthwhile for all genres.

pa22word

Can you not just let the market be what it is and leave it alone to evolve naturally without Verruca Salt style demands and outrage?

PC has no inalienable right to get all big games coming out. What generally gains your platform favour is sales results. PC has proved very profitable and lucrative for a lot of game types, with lots of niches, especially recently, but this does not mean it's profitable or worthwhile for all genres.

No of course pc doesn't have rights to games, but considering Warner keeps dropping the ball in such spectacular fashion on what should be a free throw shot for easy cash (as someone pointed out, injustice sold nearly a million on pc) the discussion becomes merited on why they keep fucking up so badly on the platform.

Top Bottom