• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2ch gaming rumors thread (keep it all in here!)

duckroll

Okay, this might be a good idea. 2ch has become more and more "popular" here at GAF as more and more people seem to like picking and posting these rumors on GAF. While I won't dispute that 2ch due to it's anonymous status does attract real insiders to post, most rumors are usually bullshit.

So instead of having a new thread everyday about some 2ch rumor let's keep it all in here. I'll maintain "Current rumors" on this OP, and wipe them when debunked or proven bullshit. We can all speculate all we want based on these rumors and if anyone has information that might shed more like on any particular rumor that's very welcome and the info will be updated. Yay let's get this ball rolling! :lol

Current Rumors

1/11 - Next-gen War ends!

1 :名無しさん必死だな :sage :2007/01/08(月) 08:07:51 ID:rc2xl0C8
とんでもない発表です
次世代機戦争が終焉し、ゲハに平和が戻ります

キーワードは

・続編
・移転
・中止
・交代
・存続

です

何の事かわからないと思いますが、11日になればわかるでしょう

There is an ongoing series of threads that speak of the next-gen war ending with a major announcement or series of announcements that will be made on 11th of Jan. There are several hints as to what it might be about and they are:

- Sequal
- Port
- Cancellation
- Change-over
- Continuation

MS conference in Osaka?

昨日退社前に、FAX確認したらMicrosoft Japanがマスコミ向け新製品発表会で
色々なMS製ソフトの発表とXBOX360のゲームソフト4月~7月発売確定のラインナップ
を発表するらしいよ。12時~16時まで。場所は大阪のなんとかホールで

MS Japan is supposed to be holding a conference at "some conference hall in Osaka" on 11th of Jan from 12 noon to 4 pm. The announcements will involve the release list from April till July of this year for Japan.

Jan SCE Monthly Meeting

2007/01 ソニー・コンピュータエンタテインメント マンスリーミーティング 久夛良木健氏発言まとめ

・PS3を3/29から45,000円に値下げ。HD容量は80GBのみに
・3月はガンダム無双とローグギャラクシーDCで大攻勢をかける
・ローグDCは前作購入者にはアペンドディスクの形で1,500円で、通常版は3,800円で販売
・PSPも大攻勢。2-3月は14,800円に期間限定の値下げ、ラチェクラ5・みん地図2のソフトセット版も用意
・Fate/stay night〔Realta Nua〕、ひぐらし祭も3月中に発売。ギャルゲー層の取り込みも図る
・アダルトゲーム解禁。Navel(オメガビジョン)の『俺たちに翼はない』をPCとPS2で同時発売、一般向け版も同時発売。秋VAIOの一部にも一般向け版を同梱
・PS3は初動はこけたがこれからが本番。来年度末までに100本以上を発売、ソフトセット版の発売も惜しまない

On the 10th of Jan there was a post that claimed to have information from a SCE Monthly Meeting held on that day. The details are as follows:

- The 80gig PS3 will see a price drop on 29th March to 45000yen
- The March heavyly marketed titles will be Gundam Musou and Rogue Galaxy Director's Cut
- RG DC will come in a 1500yen append disc or 3800yen stand alone re-release
- Fate/Stay Night and Higurashi on the PS2 have both been delayed to mid-March
- The PSP will see a price drop in Feb or March to 14800yen, and both Rachet 5 and MinaMap2 will have software bundles.
- Sony will be allowing Adult games on the PS2.
- There will be over 100 PS3 titles before the end of 2007.

Wii game development rumors

Ruliweb posted a few rumors that were supposedly from 2ch, farnham translated them:

- From Software is developing a Kingsfieldesque 1 person action RPG on Wii

- Fire Emblem Wii has two parts... The first part is the original Fire Emblem Path of Radiance.. (IS did this with the SNES version of Fire Emblem.. i think it was called mystery of the emblem or something)

- Nights Wii

- Square Enix and Disney agreed to put the next Kingdom Hearts on Nintendo Consoles

- Swords of Legendia will be the first game of the Swords of series.. a Spinoff series of the Tales of series..

Haunted

What about to the Kingdom Hearts to Wii rumour? old? debunked?

duckroll said:
The 80gig PS3 will see a price drop on 29th March to 45000yen
*raises eyebrow*

edit: beaten again and again.

Jammy

Banned
The only game I could think of that could possibly "end" the next-generation "war" would be a Pokemon MMORPG on Wii.

Odrion

Banned
1 :名無しさん必死だな :sage :2007/01/08(月) 08:07:51 ID:rc2xl0C8
とんでもない発表です
次世代機戦争が終焉し、ゲハに平和が戻ります

キーワードは

・続編
・移転
・中止
・交代
・存続

です

何の事かわからないと思いますが、11日になればわかるでしょう

They must be really confused people. :(

Jammy said:
The only game I could think of that could possibly "end" the next-generation "war" would be a Pokemon MMORPG on Wii.

How would that possibly end the console war? More Nintendo kids want Wiis?

Haunted

duckroll said:
Added, but wait, farnham is banned?! :eek:
:lol :lol not because of that thread, as I recall.

He had a meltdown in the thread that wrongly reported that the SIXAXIS won an emmy award for innovation. :lol

duckroll

Haunted_One said:
:lol :lol not because of that thread, as I recall.

He had a meltdown in the thread that wrongly reported that the SIXAXIS won an emmy award for innovation. :lol

Oh okay, poor guy. :lol

Effulgence said:
How would that possibly end the console war? More Nintendo kids want Wiis?

Are you kidding me? It would destroy the Japanese and Korean economy because everyone would be too busy staying at home playing to go to work.

MS Japan is supposed to be holding a conference at "some conference hall in Osaka" on 11th of Jan from 12 noon to 4 pm. The announcements will involve the release list from April till July of this year for Japan.

lololololol

A 4 hour conference about their release list from April 'til July in Japan? Are they spending an hour on each game?

Defuser

I think PSP price drop seem possible,it's been two years since the PSP was launched.I know Sony doesn't drop price until 2 years later.

castle007

Banned
so, next gen war is supposed to end tomorrow???

Nintendo reveals the holograms/helmet ???

ninonsbig.jpg

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
IGN just posted a bunch of games cancelled games from Konami for PS3 and Wii. Maybe this is the start of that next gen war rumor by the OP.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/754/754308p1.html

IGN said:
January 10, 2007 - Konami's support for both the PS3 and Wii appears to have taken a major hit. The release list in the latest issue of Famitsu reveals reveals that a number of next generation titles previously announced by the company are no longer in development.

Here's the full list of cancelled titles.

# Gradius Series (PS3)
# Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball (PS3)
# New Action Game (PS3)
# New Role Playing Game (PS3)
# New Action Adventure Game 2 (Wii)
# Role Playing Game (Wii)

From Quiter:

・GT5
今年リリースするかまだ決めてない。GT10周年なのでなんかやりたい。
・みんゴル5
10周年なので、ベストな時期にベストな内容でリリースできるようがんばってる。
・Halo3
春ごろに全世界でβテスト予定。オンライン対戦が主目的。
春先には新情報公開したい。
・A.S.H.
映像、音楽等はほぼフィックスした。
RPGとタクティクスの要素を半分ずつ取り入れたようなジャンルになるよう、成長やキャラ編成、フィールドや戦闘の仕掛け等を熟成中。
・DMC4
春には新情報。
・レイトン
このコメントが掲載されることは、恐らく完成してるはず。
・シーマン2
来週号に記事。3/29発売。
・モンハン3
開発は順調に進んでいる。
・逆転裁判4
開発終盤。通しで遊んでみると・・・長い!
あのキャラが登場するというニュースと、発売日は近日公開予定。
・P3F
開発順調。2月上旬より情報をどんどん出す。
緊急速報
PC モンスターハンター フロンティア オンライン
 開発状況:60%
 クローズドβテスター5000名は1/12正午~1/25正午に募集。
PS2 バロック
 開発状況:40%
DS デルトラクエスト(仮)
 開発状況:60%
 同名小説のメディアミックス展開のひとつ。ARPG。
 グラはアニメ絵じゃなくて、普通のファンタジー系イラスト。ややリアル。
 開発:アウディオ サウンド:崎元仁 シナリオ:野島一成
 アートワークス:Yocky 企画:芝村裕吏

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Boy how very useful this is without translations. Yuppers.

Google Translate FTL.

Batshit crazytown google said:
GT5 this year release it does, or is not decided yet. Because it is GT10 anniversary, something we would like to do. Because it is to see it is [goru] 510th anniversary, in best time release in order for it to be possible, with best contents persevering, the [ru]. Halo3 around spring in the entire world ## test schedule. Online opposition main object. Beginning of spring new information we would like to release. A.S.H. It fixed image and music etc almost. Way it becomes the kind of genre which at a time half adopts the element of RPG and [takuteikusu], growth and [kiyara] formation, field and the setting up etc of battle in the midst of maturing. DMC4 spring new information. As for this comment of [reiton] being published, the expectation which perhaps has been completed. [shiman] 2 next week in the number the article. 3/29 sales. [monhan] 3 development is advanced favorably. Reversal judgment 4 development final stage. When it tries playing with the sequence,… it is long! As for news and the sale day that the next few days release schedule that [kiyara] appears. P3F development favorableness. Information is put out steadily from February first third. Urgent bulletin PC monster hunter frontier online development circumstance: 5000 as for 60% closed ## testers collection to 1/12 noon ~1/25 noon. PS2 baroque development circumstance: 40% DS [derutorakuesuto] (temporary) development circumstance: One of media mix development of 60% same name novel. ARPG.  As for [gura] there is no animation picture, the [te], normal [huantaji] illustration. A little real.  Development: [audeiosaundo]: Promontory original benevolence scenario: Nojima one forming [atowakusu]: Yocky plan: Lawn village Yutaka government official

duckroll

What the hell those aren't rumors that's just the news from this week's Japanese magazines! I'm going to have to ask people that don't understand Japanese to NOT contribute new things here because if you can't read it, you're probably making yourself look stupid! :lol

This is actually the blog most people are quoting for the Konami PS3/Wii cancellation stuff:

http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/soutahouse/

I'm not sure what the actual source is...but in the comments some guy posted "I don't know what this dude is talking about, development of these games is proceeding just fine", to which several people called him out for being a Sony viral marketer...

I think it's not just Konami that is holding back on next gen in favor of DS and PS2, in Japan I mean. In the US, it's pretty safe to do to 360/PS3 dual SKUs at this point, which is why you're going to see a crapload of games come out later this year.

Sorry I'm just being lazy and was going to follow up with translations but there's not much interesting. You're right that those are not rumors they are "new development information and release dates that sites like IGN probably haven't posted yet" category, which are still interesting to folks that like to import.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
What the hell those aren't rumors that's just the news from this week's Japanese magazines! I'm going to have to ask people that don't understand Japanese to NOT contribute new things here because if you can't read it, you're probably making yourself look stupid! :lol
Eh, alright... guess I got carried away after finally figuring out how to actually find something on 2ch. Although I never posted anything to be taken as confirmed. :lol

duckroll

CountZeroInt said:
This is actually the blog most people are quoting for the Konami PS3/Wii cancellation stuff:

http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/soutahouse/

I'm not sure what the actual source is...but in the comments some guy posted "I don't know what this dude is talking about, development of these games is proceeding just fine", to which several people called him out for being a Sony viral marketer...

I think it's not just Konami that is holding back on next gen in favor of DS and PS2, in Japan I mean. In the US, it's pretty safe to do to 360/PS3 dual SKUs at this point, which is why you're going to see a crapload of games come out later this year.

It's from Famitsu. EVERYTHING you have posted so far is from Famitsu. Stop posting facts in here, we're only interested in discussing RUMORS! :lol

If you want translations you can check out the weekly Japanese Magazine thread, where I actually translate all the news as they appear online! :lol

Varshes

I see Hitoshi Sakimoto on that little Quiter blurb~

Doing the music for the DS adaptation of "Deltora Quest", it would seem. Cool!

Top Bottom