• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want Wii Play but not the extra controller, best option?

koam

I want to get wii play but i have 4 controllers already. I'm wondering what would be the chepeast solution?

1) Buy the game off ebay used (sans controller)?
2) Buy it in store when someone returns it (sans controller)?
3) Buy the game new and ebay off the controller?

I'm assuming there won't be a "game only" version of the game.

P.S I'm aware the game isn't out yet.

Amir0x

Banned
Buy the game, sell the controller on ebay.

Alternatively: Avoid the game, because it's a piece of shit.

d[-_-]b

Banned
Amir0x said:

Ignore amir0x as usual. Cause his advice is usually shit.
I'll take my ban as usual on the way out.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Amir0x said:

In before banned

p.s. you can give the controller to me for free

koam

Amir0x said:

Meh, the woman likes brain age, wii sports and all of those type of games, she'll want this for sure. Plus, DUCK HUNT.

angelfly

I'm sure most people getting it only want the wiimote so theres no doubt ebay will be flooded with cheap copies of just wiiplay with no wiimote.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So are we lowering ourselves to paying $50 for games that were free pack-ins with a 20 year old console?

theBishop

Banned
#1: Find a friend with a Wii
#2: Friend buys (needed) Wii controller with cash
#3: Take Friend's blister-pack and receipt
#4: Return Wii-Play controller in friend's blister-pack using receipt
#5: Use $40 cash toward Playstation3

koam

Wario64 said:
So are we lowered ourselves to paying $50 for games that were pack-ins with a 20 year old console?

Well, I figure selling the controller will get me like $40 back so i don't see how this will cost me alot. I figure, at worse, i'll end up paying $15 for it.

Aadil

Banned
theBishop said:

Or this.

Amir0x

Banned
koam said:
Meh, the woman likes brain age, wii sports and all of those type of games, she'll want this for sure. Plus, DUCK HUNT.

i mean if you needed the controller hey! $10 for Duck Hunt, maybe pool. But you don't, so, seems you got some leg work to get value from the game :p

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Speaking of which, how is this game being packaged? Is both the controller and the gmae in blister packs or is the controller just packaged inside a cardboard box?

theBishop said:
How is that different than selling the control to your friend?

koam

Wario64 said:
Speaking of which, how is this game being packaged? Is both the controller and the gmae in blister packs or is the controller just packaged inside a cardboard box?

10084337.jpg

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
theBishop said:
Or alternately, you avoid the fraud and just split the cost of the Wii Play bundle with said friend.

EDIT: Beaten badly.

theBishop

Banned
golduck342 said:
How is that different than selling the control to your friend?

assuming your friend is willing to cooperate, i endorse this approach. But your friend would probably expect a friendly discount.

also, with my plan you get a PS3 as well. in your scenario, no PS3.

koam

Amir0x said:
i mean if you needed the controller hey! $10 for Duck Hunt, maybe pool. But you don't, so, seems you got some leg work to get value from the game :p

Dude there's 9 games in there.. NINE! That's like 9 x $50 = $450 worth of games. Plus a controller.. so $490 value!

(she got me 2 wii games for xmas, it's the least i can do, plus like i said, after offing the controller, it shouldn't cost me more than $15).

angelfly

koam said:
Dude there's 9 games in there.. NINE! That's like 9 x $50 = $450 worth of games. Plus a controller.. so $490 value!

(she got me 2 wii games for xmas, it's the least i can do, plus like i said, after offing the controller, it shouldn't cost me more than $15).

Don't forget most of those "games" were tech demos used at E3 to show off the controller. So I really wouldn't say each one is worth $50.

amirox
The damn game is $5 with a controller purchase. Thats how its being sold. The games title is "Learn to master the remote" and that's exactly what it helps you do.
After playing this game for HOURS with friends (Who are non gamers and love the game to bits, my Missus and the mates wife, just wouldn't put Charge! down) i could find myself much quicker when playing Zelda and Red Steel.
What the hell you got to complain about i don't know
Laser Hockey is damned fun
Pool is cool
Duck Hunt is awesome
Tanks is cool
Charge is fun
Find Mii is sometimes hard
pose mii is fun
for a few bucks man

I hope Wiis are normal to get at the store by the time Wii Play comes along.

i just want to walk in the store and pick up a Wii normally without lines.

I was one of the ones who said that it would be easy to get a Wii after launch

Westonian

koam said:

By that logic Mario Party and Wario Ware must be worth thousands!

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
It's definitely worth the purchase with the extra Wiimote if you need it. Without it depends on whether you're going to show off your Wii (bad pun intended) to non gamer friends.

Best solution : by it and sell the Wiimote on eBay you might get a good price out of it.

koam

angelfly said:
Don't forget most of those "games" were tech demos used at E3 to show off the controller. So I really wouldn't say each one is worth $50.

WARNING: Sarcasm detector is in error or not properly installed.

Soybean

I have the same problem. My g/f got me a 4th Wiimote for Xmas, which was very nice, but I was planning to wait for Wii Play, so I just left it in the packaging for later return. But then we had friends over and we needed all 4! So now they're all open.

I'll probably grab Wii Play off eBay if the bidding isn't too high.

Taurus

DefectiveReject said:
amirox
The damn game is $5 with a controller purchase. Thats how its being sold. The games title is "Learn to master the remote" and that's exactly what it helps you do.
After playing this game for HOURS with friends (Who are non gamers and love the game to bits, my Missus and the mates wife, just wouldn't put Charge! down) i could find myself much quicker when playing Zelda and Red Steel.
What the hell you got to complain about i don't know
Laser Hockey is damned fun
Pool is cool
Duck Hunt is awesome
Tanks is cool
Charge is fun
Find Mii is sometimes hard
pose mii is fun
for a few bucks man
Agreed, almost.

Laser Hockey is fun for awhile, but only on 2 players.
Table Tennis on 2 player rockxs.
Pool is great.
Duck Hunt is fun.
Tanks is one of the best.
Charge is ok.
Find Mii sucks after couple of hours.
Pose Mii is boring.
Fishing gets boring pretty fast.

With extra controller this game is totally worth it. Without the controller I'd pay about 10-15$ for this game.

P.s I'm European, had this game since launch 8th December. :)

Amir0x

Banned
DefectiveReject said:
amirox

Well the whole point of this thread is koam DOESN'T need the controller. So he needs to find a way to make $40 dollars off selling the controller, or alternatively find someone selling Wii Play by itself for $10.

Bloodwake

Send the controller to me for free.

Problem solved.

But seriously, the split the cost with your friend option sounds like the best one.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
d[-_-]b said:
Ignore amir0x as usual. Cause his advice is usually shit.
I'll take my ban as usual on the way out.
This made my day. What a deadpan martyr. :lol

Find mii i believe is awesome once you understand it, and the more mii's you have on the system the easier it is for new people to play especially if they have originally been introduced to wii sports.

rkenshin

Why don't you sell one of your remotes right now since it's at a premium at this time instead of getting rid of it during a time where remotes might be plentiful everywhere

Amir0x said:
Well the whole point of this thread is koam DOESN'T need the controller. So he needs to find a way to make $40 dollars off selling the controller, or alternatively find someone selling Wii Play by itself for $10.
Yes, but if the point is concerning the controller, you shoudn't have mentioned the game is shit, what started the argument in the first place. Just sayin'.

eBay probably is the best answer to this problem. You will probably get (almost) as much as the retail price for it.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
It's curious. I'm playing Duck Hunt and Mii Poses almost everyday. I think they're great games for having short game sessions.

ksamedi

Wiiplay is nothing more than a tutorial for the Wii controller, it isnt as cool as it looks. The only games i enjoyed 2 player is PingPong and the shooting range, the rest is pretty boring, nice for a couple of minutes but nothing more. I cant even say if it was worth the 10 euros i paid for it.

Top Bottom