• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters DS screens

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
930038_20070112_screen001.jpg

930038_20070112_screen002.jpg

930038_20070112_screen003.jpg

930038_20070112_screen004.jpg

930038_20070112_screen005.jpg

930038_20070112_screen006.jpg

930038_20070112_screen007.jpg

930038_20070112_screen008.jpg

930038_20070112_screen009.jpg

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I wonder if they fixed anything in the NA version... I'm guessing no but there is always hoping right? :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I believe you could lose in the first round due to some flaw in the new system. They changed half-lock from the original.

Apparenlty you can just keep stacking cards and get easy wins. Something like that. I'm still getting it just for the raging fanboy in me.

MoxManiac

Prime crotch said:
According to gamefaqs if you get the first turn you can attack right away and you can just spam cards and still win.

That sounds pretty lame! But I am not suprised, considering this is crappy playmore. :mad:

Couple fun Gamefaq quotes:

But they took something out, too, and I'm convinced it's the basic flaw that trashes the whole game. In the CFC games, when you first played a character card, they went into 'half-lock.' They couldn't attack your first turn, but they could block. In CF: DS, they go into full lock - they can neither attack nor block.

This means that the first player can attack on his/her first turn, and there will be no defense possible. This is absolutely crucial. If I fill my entire deck with cheap, no ability 400 BP characters, I'll be able to attack for 1200 BP on my second turn. And unless you can block 5 out of 7 of my characters on turn two (or KO me on your first turn), then I have a guaranteed win on my third turn (2000 HP). Even moving up to 3000 HP isn't nearly enough to stop it. And obviously your opponent won't be able to put out 5 characters with only four force.

Even if you don't manage to finish the AI by your second turn, as long as you throw out as many low-cost character cards as you can on each turn, there is no way the AI will be able to keep up. Not even the final boss. An easy win everytime - and all you need are those ridiculously simple cards found in the first few booster packs.

Oh and apparently they wiped out the rpg/storymode from the NGPC versions too.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
DAMN.

This is THE game I wanted imported. This and Match of the Millenium were the main reasons for owning a Neo Pocket. I used to be a Neo Geo freak, so this hurts. A lot.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Quite disheartening to hear. They should've just repackaged the old Neo Geo Pocket games. (while adding character cards.)

Just looking at the screens, my first thought was "Wow, that looks complex. WTF did they do to CFC?" I see now... they f*cked it up. SNK should've just released a straight port to GBA a few years back and made everyone happy.

Baker

Banned
I have no idea, but are these new game rules how yu gi oh is played? I'm trying to figure out if Playmore just hates us or if there was some ungodly reason they did this.

FoxSpirit

Simple... they had not one really competent card player in the play testing team. And Japan in home of some of the best magic players there are, even a mediocre player would have found this error in one of the very first test games. Perhaps even in the very first play if he simply tried heavy aggro first (actually suggests itself since you have one turn at the start where you can attack without any opposing blockers).

What a drag, I hope this will get changed in the US version -.-

This game seems crushingly disappointing. I was a big fan of the first one on NGPC and it seems like such a regression. Like someone else said, they would have been better off just porting the old version.

Priz

Just curious - has anyone actually e-mailed or approached (or hell, even posted on the official message board) the US office about the flaws in the DS version compared to the NGPC one? It'd be nice to be sure they were aware of it and this delay until April of it's release is time spent actually fixing it and not just localization or something else really simple.

It'd be great if we ended up with the fixed one for the US release.

Priz

VictimOfGrief said:
why can't this just be a straight up fighting game on the DS? why!?!?!?

Because everyone and their brother has been asking for a remake of this since the formation of the US office of SNK?

I remember their E3 booth next to Nintendo when Ben came back as the head of the company and people were coming up every few minutes mentioning it being the one game they wanted to see more than anything.

You can go have any other game be a fighting game, but CFC on the NGPC was addictive as hell.

There was the "Match of the Millenium" game which was the fighting game equivalent for NGPC of SNK vs. Capcom... but this game was the one everyone remembered and loved most. (CFC, Faselei and the Metal Slug games for the NGPC were my favorites.)

Top Bottom