• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Famitsu Review Scores: Issue 1488 (ARMS)

-Horizon-

What was splatoon' score if anyone remembers? Just to kind of gauge and compare
how big a check Nintendo gave lol

Machina

Banned
Were people really expecting 9/9/9/9 for this?

tumblr_inline_mi2qjbq7FS1qz4rgp.gif

My only worry about ARMS is that the 1 v 1 is a lot of fun but I didn't care for Volleyball or the team based mode where you're linked to your partner. The finished online lobby will be just like the Test Punch, right, where you rotate on the game types?

Ex-Psych

For a new IP this ain't bad at all, I already expected it to be withing the 80-85 range anyway.

Still a day 1 buy.

C4Lukins

What an odd collection of games. And World of Goo really? Did they do something new with it? Why even review it?

Famitsu is a marketing machine basically, not trying to go for or against them. Lightning Returns scored 37, for comparison.

MUnited83

For you.
33/40 is more than 8 out of 10. Is that a bad score suddenly?
As per Famitsu standards, yes. Their scores tend to be hilariously inflationated.

Mind you that it doesn't actually mean the game is good or bad, just that Nintendo didn't send them a check.

killercow

My only worry about ARMS is that the 1 v 1 is a lot of fun but I didn't care for Volleyball or the team based mode where you're linked to your partner. The finished online lobby will be just like the Test Punch, right, where you rotate on the game types?

Nope. That's only the party mode. Go watch the direct to get a rundown of all the modes.

Shiggy

To put it into perspective, some other games with that score:
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016
Sonic Unleashed
Lost Planet 2
Exist Archive: The Other Side of the Sky
CastleStorm
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars
Gnog

Machina

Banned
Did you post a hitler gif on purpose because of the meaning behind the number 1488?

giphy.gif

.....Plz, elaborate

EDIT: Oh.....Oh wow. Now that's a coincidence.

Uhh no, I had no idea that was a thing. I was just going with the 9/9/9/9 thing

Top Bottom