• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drinky crow: nintendo apologist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiktaalik

I was about to post that Drinky's post about okami vs zelda in that last thread was dead on correct, but then it got locked.

they locked the last vaguely engaging thread i posted in, too. apparently it's all npd cumshots and manufactured gamefaqs snark around here, then.

ToxicAdam

TheKingsCrown said:
DRINKY! Can you post pix of your Wii? :D

GAF exclusive!

33lcy38.gif

Drinky Crow said:
let's get them gifs a rollin', folks!

paging jarosh
i have a serious question drinky. if you get banned again, how would we know?

not that i haven't been banned myself of course. this is *gaf*.

Speevy

Banned
I'm posting this here because they locked the thread.

I could give the same complaint to Okami that people often throw at Oblivion.

It's well-presented (in all respects, looks great and sounds great) and even has some great characters (that part's more about Okami) but when you start to really think about the tasks you're asked to complete, or the drawing-based puzzles, or really anything that requires movement of the analog stick, nothing feels like it matters. All the bosses and enemies blend together because they're stuck in a muddy, ugly netherworld. Thankfully Zelda only does some of its battles this way, and they're infrequent.

I can't really fault anyone for loving Okami over Zelda, because it exposes how behind the times Nintendo is in certain respects. However, I know which game I kept playing after 40 hours, and it wasn't Okami. Okami emphatically answers the question "Is this innovative?", "Is this beautiful?", and "Is this charming?" without fail. It also packs a heck of a lot more backstory and character-based chatter than Zelda TP can claim.

But it's just not as fun, or varied.

Speevy said:
All the bosses and enemies blend together because they're stuck in a muddy, ugly netherworld.

lol, irony

when "varied" is a smug euphemization for "toss in shitty fetch quests and even shittier mini-games" then i'm not sure it's, y'know, a selling point

Crisis

Banned
Mo the Hawk said:
I'm new around here; how is he posting while banned?

Does this mean Scoot can just return any time he wants? :lol

Drinky Crow is actually Jesus Christ. He can resurrect himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom