• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: MWR standalone out June 27, $39.99

http://charlieintel.com/2017/06/19/...ered-game-case-revealed-june-27-release-date/
A tipster has sent us over images of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered’s game case, confirming the title will be available standalone at retailers in the near future.

According to the tipster, their internal computers have the game set for release on Tuesday, June 27. Other retailers from earlier this month claimed a June 20th release, so we’re still awaiting final confirmation on a specific release date. It seems to be either June 20 or June 27.

Information from earlier today also revealed that the game will cost $39.99. Some Target stores put up stickers for the product on the shelf with the $39.99 price.
Image-from-Tweetbot.jpg
Image-from-Tweetbot-1.jpg
Drop me in a supply drop if old.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I can't believe we're at a point where someone thought "best remaster of the year" was really worth highlighting on the front of your damn box. Also seems crazy expensive.

tizorres

Neo Member
I wonder if those with the downloaded version via the legendary edition will be able to play it without having the other cod installed or inserted.

Wonderful, I'll pick it up when it's 10 dollars.

Edit: Oh wait isn't this the remaster that added microtransactions and sold the downloadable maps for a larger price than they were originally..... Yeah i'm out.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Infinite Warfare was worth $20, then?

EDIT: Actually, since the season pass goes for $50 on its own, that means Infinite Warfare is basically worth $0 in the deluxe edition.

NMFried

I wonder if those with the downloaded version via the legendary edition will be able to play it without having the other cod installed or inserted.

Was also wondering about this. Don't have IW anymore but still have Remastered downloaded.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So tomorrow or next week

Kind of iffy pricing
$19.99 I would've bought it

$40.00 too much asking price
Doesn't help map packs are $15 and MT infested

Kolx

You can get IW with MW now for this price. Combine it with the fact they fucked the MP with their MT and no one sane is going to buy this shit.

I'm assuming this doesn't include the DLC map packs? Would probably say if it did on the box art.

Absolutely awful. $40 for a remaster of a nearly decade-old game, with less content than a last-gen GOTY edition. And I'm doubting the player base will stick around.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'll wait for it to be 19.99, which is what the cost should have originally been.

CODMWR from what i understand as good a remaster as they come(on par with the upcoming shadow of the colossus remaster, Halo 2 Anniversary ect), but the online portion has added microtransactions? Shitty, but makes sense with current Activision priorities

Had they done in this in the beginning, easy purchase. Now? Nope, over it and won't bother. Especially since I keep hearing it's getting worse.

Kraq

Put me down as another question mark. It's a bit late for this now, but this is probably gonna be £30 and I see that they've added new guns and microtransactions into the game. I suppose I'm playing a warped version of the original at that point.

Edit: And you have to buy the map pack separately. Yikes.

Kayant

Lol it still has the MT bullshit right? Activision doesn't learn they wouldn't wouldn't jump on non gated map packs for a while.

Mechazawa

What's the break down on how they fucked up with microtransactions?

Not that I don't buy it, I totally do, I'm just curious of the specifics of how they blew it.

Didn't realize this was so hated... As someone who's never played the original Modern Warfare, why is the remaster inferior?

Would I be better off just buying the original Modern Warfare on PC?

AndyVirus

Stick the DLC map pack in there and you can at least have a case for $40 (sort of). Will wait for $20 since I already passed up this + IW for 40.

EDIT: Also, Activision releasing this the same week as Crash?

Top Bottom