• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sangokushi XI WII

farnham

Banned
san11pk_logo_350.gif

Effecient Management through Merger and Acquirement Systems
You can Merge with other Governts and upgrade your buildings. The Space inbetween the two states will be a large new area to build on. There are new buildings like the Ministry for foreign Affairs or the Black market.

Upgrade through the Research System
You can research the strength of your Army and upgrade the power the ability and the specialities of your Generals. Offence, Defence, Strategy and Charisma are the 4 categories

The 「Kessen Mode」
Famous battles of the romance of the three dynasties will be simulated. The Kessen mode lets you win against the enemies through a scenario.. 20 missions

New Scenarios and Events
Some of the Scenarios that dont follow the history.. IF mode (6 scenarios) About 30 new events

The Edit mode
You can change your arms, your capital your army and your influence and create your own sangokushi

- 16 Scenarios, 8 Stage Scenarios, 20 Kessen Scenarios

- Original Generals from the

- The Action mode.. Exclusive to the Wii

- Shipts march the 21th for a premium price (10890 yen)

[KOEI]

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Is this Rot3K XI Wii?

If so I think we knew all this already, including the outrageous price. :lol

Mejilan

kiun said:
This is basically the PS2 version + the "Power Pack". Is this coming to the US ?

Wanna know that too. If it doesn't, I'll just go ahead and pick up the PS2 version.

The power up kit version has NEVER come to the US before. Then again (correct me if I'm wrong), I believe the PUK has never come for anything but the PC before.

I would be skeptical about it coming to the US. Actually, forget the "would be", I AM skeptical, and unless some confirmation of US release comes before the PS2 release next week, I'll just get that.

(and then get pissed later if I have to rebuy with PUK).

Fischbrot said:
This is not Samurai Slash or ?
Nope.

This is pretty major news. It's the first time a new, mainline RTK has shown up for a non-Sony console since the Dreamcast. I'm sure we won't see this in the US, not for Wii and especially not for PS2, but it's an interesting sign of the times.

What does the PUK typically consist of?
Bugfixes and minor extras, like more scenarios, an editor, and the ability to have your character marry in-game. RTK10's AI wasn't fixed until the PUK came out, I think.

I think KOEI is the most shameless company to put out those money grinding series, like Dynasty Warriors, each version only offer slight difference, and almost no difference in game play, and obsolutely no improvment in graphic either.

virtuafightermaster said:
I think KOEI is the most shameless company to put out those money grinding series, like Dynasty Warriors, each version only offer slight difference, and almost no difference in game play, and obsolutely no improvment in graphic either.
Sure. But they're not as bad off as you imply. RTK changes a lot more between revisions than DW, with graphical and interface improvements, completely redone art assets, battle/duel/debate system revisions and changes, more fleshed-out role playing and strategy (and now they seem to be alternating between those two), and so on. The changes between the Kessens were major. You can't really generalize all of Koei's franchises using DW's extremely gradual changes.

And can we not turn this thread into a debate on the subject? Thanks.

farnham said:
isnt Romance of the three Kingdoms a PC franchise..

at least in Japan i think it was always a PC focused game

The PC version hasn't come to the US in many iterations. The various Asian markets get it every time though.

Mejilan

Rot3K has spanned a ton of systems, including but not limited to:
PC, NES, SNES, Genesis, GBA, PSP, PSOne, PS2, and now Wii.

Probably a ton more too. In the US, however, Rot3K has predominantly been a console franchise.

Mejilan

I read it (and loved it). :D

I've been a fan of this type of game ever since I first played Nobunaga's Ambition on the NES.

farnham said:
its amazing that this game gets a release in NA at all

i mean the novel is pretty much unknown right...

Pretty much. It's surprising how often I mention Romance of the Three Kingdoms to people and they know only of the games. Even people that play them fairly religiously.

Are we certain this is ROT3K XI [upgraded] for the Wii?

Seems like a lot of uncertaintity on the topic and I'm curious as I'd rather wait for a Wii version, even at risk of it not coming to America, just to experiment with the Wiimote for the series.

farnham

Banned
jiji said:
Ask your Asian friends.
i am asian... and its considered as a must read...(there are thousands of different translations with bazillion commentaries and related products:lol )

and im just asking...

KyanMehwulfe said:
Are we certain this is ROT3K XI [upgraded] for the Wii?

Seems like a lot of uncertaintity on the topic and I'm curious as I'd rather wait for a Wii version, even at risk of it not coming to America, just to experiment with the Wiimote for the series.
Yes, we're sure. The official page is for Sangokushi 11 with Power Up Kit, for PS2 and Wii, and the Wii version has exclusive additions.

farnham said:
i am asian... and its considered as a must read...(there are thousands of different translations with bazillion commentaries and related products:lol )

and im just asking...
I guess it is a little surprising, considering that the game never sells that much in the US, and Koei has killed off US support for all their other strategy series that were around in the 8- and 16-bit days. They do a pretty consistently good job of localizing the games, too. But I have no complaints. :)

Mejilan

I'm still annoyed that there was one Rot3K that we never got. VI, I think?

I hate having that gap in my collection. :(

jiji said:
They do a pretty consistently good job of localizing the games, too. But I have no complaints. :)

I'd disagree with you on the good job of localizing, but not on the no complaints.

There's some very awkward phrasing, spelling and grammar errors, etc. I'd take them over no localization any day of the week though.

jarrod

Banned
Mejilan said:
Rot3K has spanned a ton of systems, including but not limited to:
PC, NES, SNES, Genesis, GBA, PSP, PSOne, PS2, and now Wii.
Also, MSX, PC-88, Amiga, MSX2, Game Boy, Turbo CD, Sega CD, 3DO, 32X, Saturn, GBC, Dreamcast & Wonderswan! I bet there's some other platforms in there too (mobile phones, other early JP PCs, etc).

jarrod said:
Also, MSX, PC-88, Amiga, Game Boy, Turbo CD, Sega CD, 3DO, 32X, Saturn, GBC, Dreamcast & Wonderswan! I bet there's some other platforms in there too (mobile phones, other early JP PCs, etc).

Splorgenborg version coming soon? :D

Haunted

I was posting in the other thread that I ****ing want this to be localised. I'll repeat that here and use the opportunity to shed some tears for the fact that it probably won't be. ;_;

Mejilan

jarrod said:
ACk'd! Mej and I both forgot DS (which has what, 2 ROTKs now)? :lol

I covered myself. I never claimed to be presenting a comprehensive list, and unlike you, it isn't inherently expected of me! :D

TBQH though, I was mostly going for systems I knew had entries in the series here in the US. Including the Wii is wishful thinking on my part, GBA and PSP... probably just foolhardy. :)

MacGuffin

I would love to see this come stateside. Is there anyway that ROTK4 on VC could be a testing ground?

Are the Japanese versions completely Japanese or is there ever any English? I've played every one until now and I'd love to own one on the Wii.

Tabris

I love Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

I got my XI copy pre-ordered already. February 6th!! I've read the entire span of the Three Kingdoms. It was actually either really enjoyable or really hard to read. You get invested in characters that die next chapter all the time... and when Zhuge Liang died... I almost stopped reading cause it was that depressing.

Love the art style.

I remember trying a Rot3K game for NES once, and I had no idea what in the hell was going on. What kind of game is it... turn-based strategy?

En-ou said:
uh..tabris, isnt your post like massive spoiler?
Not really. Characters die all the time in Rot3K, by all different causes. When a book tales place over eighty years or so, that tends to happen.

FoxSpirit said:
Does anyone know if XI will also come to the PC since we already get a fully translated PS2 version?
They haven't come to the PC in the US since IV, so I doubt it.

MacGuffin

The ROTK games all follow the same story line (if you play it on Historical) so really we all know Dong Zhou is killed by Lu Bu (or Cao Cao?) all of this stuff plays out each game..

Top Bottom