• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy and girl buy 600 Big Box PC games from 80's, 90's and 2000's for $75!

Krakn3Dfx

This is my favorite episode of Hoarders.
/s

Some really good games in there to be sure. I still have a few boxed versions of older games, have all of the Mechwarrior games, Diablo 1 and 2, a few others. Don't have nearly enough space to keep too many tho.

Blame the digital age we live in, but the thought of having 600 of these taking up mad space in my house kinda makes me feel nauseous.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
when a collector gets a score like this, usually theyll give the seller a little more to make it somewhere fair and to clean his conscience a bit

really shoulda gave the guy a few more bones, even if he says in the comments that the guy wouldnt accept any....(who turns down free money?)

thats a lot of space they were taking up. woof. i bet the seller is relieved to be rid of them and reclaim his room

Aselith

when a collector gets a score like this, usually theyll give the seller a little more to make it somewhere fair and to clean his conscience a bit

really shoulda gave the guy a few more bones, even if he says in the comments that the guy wouldnt accept any....(who turns down free money?)

thats a lot of space they were taking up. woof. i bet the seller is relieved to be rid of them and reclaim his room

He probably just wanted to be rid of it. Fuck 600 boxes taking up space.

Indelible

I watched this earlier , pretty amazing haul of PC games. I wonder what the actual value of all those games really is.

Can't watch, at work. Did they get any Descent games or Hyperblade?

Wait... these are the actual games and not just the boxes, right?

As a collector PC boxes are one of those things I could not give two shits about personally, but I'm happy to see these go to someone who really cares (Metal Jesus is a cool dude) as opposed to a landfill.

DieH@rd

Banned
tenor.gif

Blam

To the guys saying that the seller could have sold it for more. The seller just wanted the games gone. Didn't care how much he sold it for.

Yarbskoo

Man, that's a nice collection. I don't have room for big box games, but I wouldn't mind having some of those physical copies.

HF2014

Could've easily sold for $750

Could've easily sold for $7500. They are in MINT condition. $10 a piece is also very generous. Sure some game doesnt worth anything, but still.

Anyway, guy is a collector and gamer who love to collect, its not about money he could make. Its an amazing grab he got.

Megatron

i don't

that's a metric fuck ton of space he just gained not taken up by obsolete physical media

Those arent the only options. He could have also sold those for something closer to what they were actually worth. Still got his money but not have been ripped off. His own fault of course.

Those arent the only options. He could have also sold those for something closer to what they were actually worth. Still got his money but not have been ripped off. His own fault of course.

When you own this many games in mint condition I have to imagine you know exactly what they're worth. He probably just didn't want to go through the effort and knew that for $75 they'd be gone within a couple hours.

Wanted to make a thread about his few hours ago but I was busy earlier.

Metal Jesus is a great collector and a nice YT'er.
He does great work and this is an AMAZING get.

Seriously some of these big box pc games are like $100 on their own especially in the amazing condition that they are in.

Fantastic find super jealous.

Metal Jesus isn't just some guy, OP. He's one of the best Retro YouTubers. He also is an industry vet, used to work for Sierra and was in a few games back in the early PC days

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Yeah, Metal Jesus is legit. Good for him.

Now if I could just get some of his Genesis and Neo games.... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy8bo6d6fvs

Wow. This guy has had some pretty big scores before but this is probably his best/biggest. How many of these games complete in box would you like in your collection?

LGR am cry
if he didn't already own them all anyway, haha.

Also, am I the only one that really dislikes MJR? I suppose he seems nice enough, but something about him rubs me the wrong way. It may be more to do with me than him though, I admit that.

maus

Insane. I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream and Fallout 2 alone are $150+ each. I hope the seller was loaded and just wanted to give them to a good home.

I wish I could just visit a collection like this rather than start one of my own.

Top Bottom