• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I got cockblocked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

djkimothy

So here I was, flying kites in the middle of winter in a farm field <does fake blow brains out with a gun gesture>. One with a friend and the other with a girl I invited. Honestly, flying kites in this weather is moronic, but I thought it would be a good opportunity to get talking with the other person. And I know it's a bad idea in the first place so let's just ignore that brain cramp for a moment...

The plan was to drive her back home in MY ****ING CAR. But the other girl insisted on taking her home cause she's "on the way". Which she stressed repeatedly. I don't care if I have to drain half my tank to drop her off home, that was the plan. There was an awkward pause between the girl and I before she said that I was going to drive her home. But noooo... The other girl was stubborn.

I was just stunned, I was speechless, I couldn't recover to insist that I would drive her back. What could I say? Who the hell cockblocks you in University? Aren't we mature enough to know this shit?

She better have found out some good info for me of her cause I'm pissed. >.<

Anyone else has stories of being cockblocked?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
djkimothy said:
I was just stunned, I was speechless, I couldn't recover to insist that I would drive her back. What could I say? Who the hell cockblocks you in University? Aren't we mature enough to know this shit?

I remember asking my friends who were girls to talk to their friends to find out if they liked me... in 6th grade..

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
djkimothy said:
So here I was, flying kites in the middle of winter in a farm field <does fake blow brains out with a gun gesture>. One with a friend and the other with a girl I invited. Honestly, flying kites in this weather is moronic, but I thought it would be a good opportunity to get talking with the other person. And I know it's a bad idea in the first place so let's just ignore that brain cramp for a moment...

The plan was to drive her back home in MY ****ING CAR. But the other girl insisted on taking her home cause she's "on the way". Which she stressed repeatedly. I don't care if I have to drain half my tank to drop her off home, that was the plan. There was an awkward pause between the girl and I before she said that I was going to drive her home. But noooo... The other girl was stubborn.

Thats happened to me a few times. I feel for you. You wonder if they're just idiotic, or if they're doing it on purpose. Either way you feel like wringing their necks.

I got cockblocked by a gay dude who didn't like me hitting on one of his (female) friends.

She was cool too, how many chicks do you know who dig Chow Yun-Fat? We woulda been great together.

Troidal

Well that other girl just didn't get it huh...some girls are stupid like that.

Unless...she intentfully cockblocked you...

wave dial

Completely unable to understand satire
maybe she wanted to help the other girl out...

kinda like how some people offer gifts... and the giftee refuses at first until they take it

djkimothy

Blackace said:
I remember asking my friends who were girls to talk to their friends to find out if they liked me... in 6th grade..

Hah. I remember that never.... :)

I always felt that I should do my own work.

BTW, I'm eating a shawarma plate... BY MYSELF! ****!

maybe she wanted to help the other girl out...

kinda like how some people offer gifts... and the giftee refuses at first until they take it

What?

There is a term when you have a band, and your band members can't play because they are out with their girlfriends.

What is this called? Being rock-blocked. Happens all the time.

negitoro7

I know it's too obvious but: Maybe the cockblocker likes you. Or she likes the girl you wanted to get with.

tehjaybo said:
You talked to a girl. You're doing better than half of GAF.
Half of GAF don't even care about women.

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
djkimothy said:
Who the hell cockblocks you in University? Aren't we mature enough to know this shit?

Dude, that's when the majority of cockblockage occurs.

djkimothy

negitoro7 said:
I know it's too obvious but: Maybe the cockblocker likes you. Or she likes the girl you wanted to get with.

Half of GAF don't even care about women.

Of the remote possibility that that girl likes me, me inviting that other girl should be actions that are loud and clear. Besides, the cockblocker talk too much and constantly complains, especially about her thesis. FFS, I don't care how many times you had to do your reaction! Not everybodies undergraduate thesis always work!

I doubt she swings that way either. :lol

No, I'm pegging this down to the girl being oblivious.

Dude, that's when the majority of cockblockage occurs.

Most of that happened to me in high school. Mostly inadvertantly by guy friends. But we've all wised up and know to not get in the way when we're working on someone.

Blackace

djkimothy said:
Of the remote possibility that that girl likes me, me inviting that other girl should be actions that are loud and clear.

I doubt she swings that way either. :lol

No, I'm pegging this down to the girl being oblivious.

Not true.. Maybe she does like you.. Loud and Clear doesn't always work.

djkimothy

Blackace said:
Not true.. Maybe she does like you.. Loud and Clear doesn't always work.

That my friend would be a scary thought. It would be like Gilmore Girls, but real life. I don't think I want to deal with that... "Yak.Yak.Yak.Yak.Yak.Yak.Yak.Yak.Yak.Yak.Yak.Yak.Yak." constantly.

djkimothy said:

...<blah>...

I was just stunned, I was speechless, I couldn't recover to insist that I would drive her back. What could I say? Who the hell flies kites in University? Aren't we mature enough to know this shit?

Fixed.

Besides, if you have two girls alone in a field and are a reasonably powerful man...

All's I'm sayin' is that I'm sayin', yahurdmeh?

BTW, for the GAF feminazi police: I'M KIDDING ... Or am I?

darscot

I see no evidence of any type of cockblock. I see a rookie move. You must always have even odds or go all out and try and get them both. Trying to pull one girl out of a group of two is a waste of time. You way better to just go the long shot. The odds are about the same and the payoff is way bigger.

I have been repeatedly cockblocked by a friend of mine so much that we now call him "The Heat-Seeking Cockblock." The worst was when my friends and I were at a party, and got a bit drunk. I had been chatting this girl up for about 15 minutes, and my other friends knew what was going on, and they backed off. Unfortunately, the cockblock decided in his drunken stupor that this chick and I would like to hear his new joke, that he was heir to the Whataburger Empire. I really didn't know what to say, I was really shocked that he didn't see what was going on, and how he decided that this chick and I really wanted to hear this right then and there.

Needless to say, we then never called him when we were doing anything that may possibly involve girls that may be interested in one of us.

Blackace

darscot said:
I see no evidence of any type of cockblock. I see a rookie move. You must always have even odds or go all out and try and get them both. Trying to pull one girl out of a group of two is a waste of time. You way better to just go the long shot. The odds are about the same and the payoff is way bigger.

At least call in the wingman

djkimothy

Blackace said:
At least call in the wingman

I fly solo. :)

First, they're just casual friends, and barely know each other. I invited the other girl to make something fun from an otherwise mistake on my part accepting to fly a kite in -10 Weather.

WRT the bold part, you'd change your tune if you knew this girl. She's red flagged. You don't want to get involved. Nothing bad really, just that people don't like her.

darscot

djkimothy said:
First, they're just casual friends, and barely know each other. I invited the other girl to make something fun from an otherwise mistake on my part accepting to fly a kite in -10 Weather.

WRT the bold part, you'd change your tune if you knew this girl. She's red flagged. You don't want to get involved. Nothing bad really, just that people don't like her.

Casual friends are the best kinds. Girls that are BFF are never going to get freaky together. Who gives a shit if she is a red flag or people don't like her. You don't bring girls that go manage a trois home to Mom.

djkimothy

dskillzhtown said:
Wait...you were flying a kite?

Yes, it was a stupid idea to begin with. I admit it.

But I was surprised when the other girl (not the cockblocker) agreed to come with when I asked. Or maybe she was just being nice...

Rushmore

I'm guessing the girl you like knows it and doesn't like you back and asked the girl to give her a ride home so you wouldn't hit on her.

Your game just got killed, my friend.

game_killers_the_one_upper01-tnb70f53.jpg

djkimothy

Rushmore said:
I'm guessing the girl you like knows it and doesn't like you back and asked the girl to give her a ride home so you wouldn't hit on her.

Huh? Unless they can do that through telepathy, I don't know how that's possible. :lol

Your game just got killed, my friend.

I don't know where that's from. But yah. :lol

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
djkimothy said:

Dosnt sound like you had a chance to get laid, just denied driving someone home. Not cockblocked..

djkimothy

themadcowtipper said:
Dosnt sound like you had a chance to get laid, just denied driving someone home. Not cockblocked..

Cockblocked does not necessarily mean trying to get laid. Unless that's how you think.

yeah i hate it when girls cockblock me when i'm flying my kite in a snowy field in the winter

seriously, what the ****?

djkimothy said:
I don't know where that's from. But yah. :lol
It's a series of Bud commercials where people try to kill a person's game. Sorority sisters, that guy who does one thing better than you, that awkward kid who has no girl radar and breaks your flow . . . happens a lot on college. Check out gamekillers on Google.

nitewulf

its the worst thing when you get cockblocked by a girl. its like...what the f*ck!!??
happened to me once in a club. i found this cute canadian chick and started dancing, she goes to get a drink and this other girl i know just slides in...and im not interested in this girl.
so the cutie comes back with the drink and sees that her spot is taken, so she walks away.
i was PISSED...it aint like i was gonna get p*ssy from the girl who slid in...she is totally not that type, she just did it to show some "territorial" sh*t, who knows what.
the f*ck.

Thai

Bane was better.
djkimothy said:

Who's the cockblcoker btw? I should thank her!

Raguel

I have plenty of stories to tell about cockblocking. But they're mostly my own fault. I'm my own cockblock.

Donono

I used to be the go-to man for taking on the fat friend, but I have like no sex drive anymore, so I never get those calls.

RSP

So I was dancing in the club the other night and spotted some hot girl. But then her husband walked in and totally cockblocked me.

sooo immature.

From now on I'm going to blame the fact that I've never gone out with any of my female friends on rampant incestuous cockblocking.

Blackace

My wife cockblocks me when I hit on her friends... how lame is that?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
You needed a wingman, here, take the wingmans bible and give it to your friends

http://josh.gaf.googlepages.com/wingmanbible.pdf

According to the bible, you got into a dogfight with a Brumhilda, the correct course of action would have been for the wingman to attempt a kamikaze mission that would have most likely left him POW (prisoner of warthog). That would have left you open to perform the yank & bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom