• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i got xbox 360 ( yeah i know, dont start) and i have question about the date 03 11

llTll

Banned
well

i couldnt resist. i want alot of games so bad. i bought one :D [ i was thinking to trade in my ps3 in the other thread but anyway ]

aside from the fact i have samsung drive which is good news to me, i want to know about the date

its 03/11/2006

does that mean its Nov 3rd 2006 or March 11th 2006?

this date thing confuse me.

anyway the console has 1 year warrenty which is good thing. but the date thing i wana know.

i got PGR3 used because its cheap [ i am almost broke now. dont know how i will afford crackdown and VF5 this month ]

so regarding the date thing.

any help?

Treo360

llTll said:
please tell me u r wrong.

there is no way a march console would exist now. :(

Why not? Even though some places are good with FIFO (first in first out) mistakes do happen.

If it's any consolation I have a April 26 system and a January 6th 2006 system. Never had a problem with any of them.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
does it really say "3/11/2006" on the back of the console? mine has it listed like "2006-10-18"

llTll

Banned
Treo360 said:
Why not? Even though some places are good with FIFO (first in first out) mistakes do happen.

If it's any consolation I have a April 26 system and a January 6th 2006 system. Never had a problem with any of them.
what is the date written exactly please at the back of ur xbox 360

?it should 26/4/2006 and 6/1/2006 for ur console. :(

because my friend has japanese xbox 360 and the date is 14/04/2006

so i duno

rs7k

Even then, why worry? I don't see how a March console is more likely to fail than a November one, considering both would be brand new. If you look at the dead 360s thread, even the new ones are wonky.

jedimike

Your date is Nov 3rd. I looked at my date just the other day and thought it was weird that the format wasn't in standard US format. The date on mine can't be mistaken since the day is the 21st.

llTll

Banned
Wario64 said:
November manufactured date. You can quit worrying now lol

man i am going to give u points or whatever [ u have to tell me how lol ] if u r right. please confirm :D

llTll

Banned
rs7k said:
Even then, why worry? I don't see how a March console is more likely to fail than a November one, considering both would be brand new. If you look at the dead 360s thread, even the new ones are wonky.

well.. i just have this feeling, the newest, the better i think

llTll

Banned
ATF487 said:
:lol

That isn't 03/11/06 :lol

(in america)

well sorry. you guys have weird system :lol

Karma Kramer said:
Congrats!

I wish I had mine with me right now... but unfortunately it died on me last week. : (

thank you man. sorry about ur system. i hope u get good one soon :D

jedimike

speculawyer said:
It could still die . . . I've had a march 2006 one die on me.

There's always a certain percentages of consoles that will fail. Obviously his could fail... but I think it's safe to assume that MS has "fixed" the major manufacturing flaws of the launch consoles.

I would expect that the failure rate on his console would be more in-line with industry standards.

Treo360

OP you have a November System mine is dated as such

2006-04-26 and Yes I live in the US. But I'm a bit confused as to why yours is printed in 03/11/2006. when both mine are formated in year-month-day format. and not Month-day-year etc.

EDIT: Date format stamp fixed above.

Like I said a November system.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
llTll said:
ok it says exactly like this

2006 - 11 - 03 :MFR Date

This, and what you have in your original post aren't the same you know... you're like the most confusing/confused gamer I've ever read...

And date doesn't really matter that much, seeing as my launch 360 lasted a year and a month before it died - I sure as hell played the hell out of it though!

llTll

Banned
Treo360 said:
OP you have a November System mine is dated as such

2006-04-26 and Yes I live in the US. But I'm a bit confused as to why yours is printed in 03/11/2006. when both mine are formated in year-month-day format. and not Month-day-year etc.
ph yeah i made mistake lol.

llTll

Banned
Skilotonn said:
This, and what you have in your original post aren't the same you know... you're like the most confusing/confused gamer I've ever read...

And date doesn't really matter that much, seeing as my launch 360 lasted a year and a month before it died - I sure as hell played the hell out of it though!

:lol

but u know. its still weird way to put the date

2006 11 03

like wtf. in UK its dd/mm/year/ so it should be 03 11 [ which is how i read it actully which it seems its wrong ]

llTll

Banned
oh i am trying to make a hotmail ID

can someone give me state and working zip code for it?

thanks

i am going online with PGR 3 once i am done creating hotmail account

Karma Kramer said:
Whats your gamercard ||T||?

I'll add you to my friends list.

let me get a hotmail account first :lol

i will put it here once i am done or PM u

eLGee

jedimike said:
tick tock

lecter.jpg

Tick tock, Clarice...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
BenjaminBirdie said:
Get Crackdown instead of GoW...

How about you just buy both???? GoW is a must own game and Crackdown is gonna be the pimpdaddy game of 2007 so buy both. It's a "win/win" situation.

Adaox

I waited until Jan 2006 to buy my 360 because I didn't want a launch system. Well 3 months later something to do with the video died and I had to send it back. The machine MS sent me as a replacement was dated Nov 2005.

Moral of the story? Doesn't matter when you buy cause it'll eventually break. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. Just enjoy the games! :)

Truelize said:
How about you just buy both???? GoW is a must own game and Crackdown is gonna be the pimpdaddy game of 2007 so buy both. It's a "win/win" situation.

Obviously. But I felt that was an approriately reductive response.

J-Rzez

BenjaminBirdie said:
Get Crackdown instead of GoW...

+1

I may have said some not to lustery comments on Crackdown, but in all honesty, if I had to pick between the two, I'd shoot with Crackdown... I think there's more replay value to it than Gears as co-op in a sandbox variety should provide more fun and laughes... Outside of the YIKES visuals, Gears really didn't have anything that made me want to play through it again, and the online leaves much to be desired...

Nice purchase by the way... You can't go one bit wrong with the PS360... There's so many games to be had you're going to have to start selling yourself and your respective fluids to get in on a majority of the action...

llTll

Banned
SpacLock said:
Add me to your friends list.

GT - Father Whiskey.

I'll be on Gears if you decide to pick it up.
i will just give me few mins

also i have a question. i have the system running in the dashboard [ no game or anything ] yet i hear the eternal fan is spinning hardly then softy etc. is this normal. ? [ ofcourse everything is like mute now in my room. all i hear is xbox 360 fans at the back spinning, and the eternal fan spinning softly and hardly between each seconds. whats up?

does anyone know? or my eternal fan is already dying :lol

I'd return it and buy another one at a different store.

When I bought my first one last March, it had a manufacture date of 10/05 even though 360s were still in very short supply. The unit was wonky right out of the box, so I called MS asking if it was a refurbished system and they swore it wasn't. I asked how the unit could be from October unless MS was holding back stock which they said they weren't (the whole artificial shortage conspiracy theory). They said it was probably just a stray unit that had been misplaced in a warehouse and found later on.

Then reports started popping up on message boards that other people's new units had manufacture dates from October and November. So was/is MS selling refurbished units as new? Things look a tad fishy.

In the end I just returned it and bought another one at a different store with a recent manufacture date and it's worked flawlessly ever since.

Top Bottom