• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First date conversation topics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a first date tonight, and while I'm confident in my ability to converse with the opposite sex, I'd still like to have some stuff tucked away incase I run into trouble.

Can you recommend good first date topics of conversation?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Whatever comes to mind, as long as it's not borderline retarded or too forward. You can't force a good conversation, either.

growing up
family
music
movies
books
school
vacations/travel
work/jobs
food

true story anecdote: i made a list like this before my first date in 8th grade :lol

AlphaSnake said:
Whatever comes to mind, as long as it's not borderline retarded or too forward. You can't force a good conversation, either.

I know i can't force it thats why im doing prep. so that i have at least a fighting chance at not making her more uncomfortable than i probably will be should it not go well

aztrex said:
I have a first date tonight, and while I'm confident in my ability to converse with the opposite sex, I'd still like to have some stuff tucked away incase I run into trouble.

Can you recommend good first date topics of conversation?

Hmmm....bring up sex about a half hour in. Bring up sex a minute in if you've already discussed it prior to meeting up...

This might sound a little retarded, but I"ve only been on one first date. All my other girlfriends I Just ended up seeing after hanging out in groups and stuff. I don't have a whole lot of experience on first dates, although I've been in relationships that have lasted 4 years or more

Try starting a debate about the evils of the feminist movement, and if she says anything just talk louder right over the top of her.

Keep in mind that I've never been on a date before, though. Shocking, I know.

buckfutter said:
Try starting a debate about the evils of the feminist movement, and if she says anything just talk louder right over the top of her.

Keep in mind that I've never been on a date before, though. Shocking, I know.

Out of this world.

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Tell her you made this topic so that you can both reflect on what a stupid decision it was.

LordMaji

Good conversation... hrmmm

Ask her if she likes regular condoms, or french ticklers, or maybe ribbed jimmy hats. :lol

Orrr Tell her something fresh. :lol

oh, you could say "Damnnn baby, you fly." :lol

Reznor said:
Tell her you have three PS3's.... and cake.

if you dont have 3 PS3s then if the date is a lost cause propose a business proposition. You take nude pics of her and trade them on the internet for a PS3.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ask her if she thinks a SSJ4 Vegeta would beat Superman.

Works EVERY time.

Reave

Stinkles said:
Abortion, stomach parasites, the wit and wisdom of Bill O'Reilly.
Debbie_Downer.jpg

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
If you run out of steam, just compliment her to death. Girls love it when you notice small things about them.

JayDubya

Banned
Definitely religion and politics. Definitely. If your views aren't extreme enough, or if you don't have any, make shit up.

Serious answer: Shit, man, it's all small talk and fawning at this point. There's no right topics, just a lot of wrong ones.

Zapages

school...
life in general.
music
things that are occurring around you both like the place you go together.
fun things/facts/general talk
likes/dislikes/things you both enjoy
sports(if she is in it)
video games/anime(if she is in it)

I haven't been on a date in my whole life...

ToxicAdam

Tell her about your past relationships, how well they kissed and how you are ready to get super serious and marriage isn't out of the question.

Raguel

Great converstaion starter: Tell her you have a PhD. IF she ask you what kind, whip out your cock and say its a pretty huge dick. If your cock is in fact pretty huge, then a second date is guaranteed. IF it's not, then you'l both have something to laugh at and a second date wll (not) happen.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Try to find out if she's not a total freak and if she'll be good enough for another rendez-vous. It's not about how well you'll impress her, what you need to find out is if she's a good date.

want more? buy my ebook at themanamongstman.lol.com

Zapages

Nino said:

You'll be surprised on how many girls in college play the Nintendo Wii/DDR/Singstar, Mario, Sonic or watch Avatar, or any old 90s show...

It'll rekindles some memories for her... It has worked from my experience with my friends(girls)... As you are not afraid to admit things that may looked down upon and you are honest with them. :)

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Zapages said:
You'll be surprised on how many girls in college play the Nintendo Wii/DDR/Singstar, Mario, Sonic or watch Avatar, or any old 90s show...

It'll rekindles some memories for her... It has worked from my experience with my friends(girls)... As you are not afraid to admit things that may looked down upon and you are honest with them. :)
You've never been on a date and you're trying to tell me about women? Thanks but don't bother. Discussing Singstar/Wii/Guitar Hero is all fun and great but don't do it on a first date unless you don't want to get laid/date nerd chicks.

Zapages

Nino said:
You've never been on a date and you're trying to tell me about women? Thanks but don't bother. Discussing Singstar/Wii/Guitar Hero is all fun and great but don't do it on a first date unless you don't want to get laid/date nerd chicks.

Honestly do you really get laid on your first date... I don't think so... No self respecting girl that I've met will do anything like that and non of my friends(girls) have done that from what I know...

Some nerd chicks are hot... But that's another story...

Nino

*LOVES* Bob Marley
Zapages said:
Honestly do you really get laid on your first date... I don't think so... No self respecting girl that I've met will do anything like that and non of my friends(girls) have done that from what I know...

Some nerd chicks are hot... But that's another story...
:lol :lol :lol :lol

I never even discussed getting laid on a first date but whatever; :lol

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Zapages said:
Poor you, oh poor you.

Costanza

Banned
Buttonbasher said:
Bill O'Reilly for Kids
by Bill O'Reilly

Table of Contents
Chapter 5: Sex
:lol I went and looked it up, can't believe he actually has a chapter about that in a book for 9 year olds...

Then I saw this:

From Booklist
Does the name Bill O'Reilly conjure up an advice maven for kids? Didn't think so. Yet here we have a book in which the Fox talk-show host goes into Dutch-uncle mode, offering his opinions about everything from families and friends to the Internet and sex (he lost his virginity at 20).

:lol

Dilbert

Zapages -- if you've NEVER gone on a date, you shouldn't be providing advice in this thread. I can't even begin to understand why you replied...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
ask her if shes a christian, if she says yes tell her that you were hoping to get laid and start walking away.

It's an all or nothing tactic though, so you have to get a catholic one for it to work.

Zapages

-jinx- said:
Zapages -- if you've NEVER gone on a date, you shouldn't be providing advice in this thread. I can't even begin to understand why you replied...

Technically, I haven't gone on a date.... But who to say my friends haven't. I was sharing my friends' (girls and guys) wisdom of dating through this topics.

I would like to share one the funny/strange/awkward/crazy quote, I've gotten from girls are that, from my friend's friend of mine: "If you were Gujarati or Indian, I would say yes to you if you asked me out on a date or for marriage right there." I am like like ok, I'll take that as complement. Her and my friend, she's Pakistani was like yeah, "I respect you a lot because you're so nice yet you don't have girlfriend while most Pakistani guys here are bad in terms of going out doing bad stuff like drinking and dating girls for fun." I don't have the best looks in my opinion, but I'm well liked by girls*I don't know...**shrugs*

Also to all the guys here, never let your friend, may it be a friend with benefits or a girlfriend sleep with your best friend... Happened to my close friend and now everything is a mess...

Dilbert

Zapages said:
Technically, I haven't gone on a date.... But who to say my friends haven't. I was sharing my friends' (girls and guys) wisdom of dating through this topics.
Nope, sorry. If you haven't been on a date, you really shouldn't give this guy advice. With all due respect...half of your list betrays the fact that you HAVEN'T been on a first date.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Ask her about her family and friends and pets and such. Also just whatever comes to mind... if you are with a cool enough girl the conversation flows pretty easily... but if you find yourself struggling with maintaining a convo with her, the girl probably isn't your type (this is usually my cue to scratch her off the list of potentials)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
djtiesto said:
Ask her about her family and friends and pets and such. Also just whatever comes to mind... if you are with a cool enough girl the conversation flows pretty easily... but if you find yourself struggling with maintaining a convo with her, the girl probably isn't your type (this is usually my cue to scratch her off the list of potentials)

Yeah, this is very true. I've always believed that if you have to "work" to have a conversation, then you and the chick aren't that compatible. However, even after determining that, you may want some action that night, so ask her what she was for Halloween. That tells you so much about a person!

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Reznor said:
Tell her you have three PS3's.... and cake.

Hell, I'd have sex with him. :D

Have some things in mind you'd like to talk to her about when you pick her up/meet her, but don't try to stick to some strict list of topics. Be natural, and just have some things in mind should you blank out on her. Try not to dwell so much on the "OMG I'M ON A DATE" thing, especially the first go around and just focus on being comfortable and having a good time with each other. Don't dump abunch of confessional personal information/secrets/whatever on her. Make her laugh, but don't make that the emphasis of the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom