• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft's Wii Camera. Anyone use it and how does it compare to Kinect and such?

9588519_sa.jpg

I always found this thing fascinating. It was like Ubisoft's 3rd-party answer to Kinect for Wii, but really only two games used it; Your Shape, and Racquet Sports.

Anyone ever use one of these and able to post impressions? I'm legit shocked we never saw a Rabbids game use it on Wii, maybe even a Raving Rabbids: Alive & Kicking port or something which used Kinect.

I'm legit shocked such a thing exists, first time seeing it! Yeah, kinda weird Ubi' didn't use it for a Rabbids game.

Now I'd love to see a video of this and other hardware addons to the Wii, I bet there's 100s that are terrible and we don't even know of.

Isn't it just a webcam? Wouldn't a better comparison be the Playstation EyeToys?

I actually got a Your Shape bundle that was gutted but brand new from Gamestop in 2015 for $0.99. Sometimes they're marked new bigger, physical items as used to be able to price them cheaper.

I haven't had the chance to check it out.

NeOak

Isn't it just a webcam? Wouldn't a better comparison be the Playstation EyeToys?

I actually got a Your Shape bundle that was gutted but brand new from Gamestop in 2015 for $0.99. Sometimes they're marked new bigger, physical items as used to be able to price them cheaper.

They actually do the opposite. See Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade for example.

When that are that cheap they are trying to get rid of it.

They actually do the opposite. See Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade for example.

When that are that cheap they are trying to get rid of it.

Those were reprints paid by them.

I was referring to bigger as in physically bigger accessories that take up more space than games that you would want to get rid of at some point.

Oersted

https://youtu.be/JUWSuOJdlRI

I'm oddly fascinated

Eyetoy is capable of motion tracking?

Completely forgot about this game, but it did bring one thing to the Wii many use now.

IOS58 - the one official IOS version that natively supports USB 2.0 devices and powers homebrew like Nintendon't and many others.

Top Bottom