• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(PS3, XB360)MLB 2K7 demo coming soon...

Zep

Banned
1up Blog from Ben Brinkman(MVP baseball):

So, I'm sure everyone is wondering what's new at Kush Games Inc.? If you aren't you should be. Well, we are starting pre-production for MLB 2K8. We also have a small team putting the finishing touches on our PS3 and XBOX 360 demos so they can be submitted to Sony and Microsoft. Stay tuned for more information on those demos in the upcoming days and weeks, though if you visit any of the message boards there is information from a leak *gasp* describing what the demos will entail. If somebody did leak classified information, I'd like to know it, and we'll take the appropriate action. I kid.

http://www.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5827967

Let's see who puts it out first!

methane47

cannes.jpg

NIIiiCCEEee

"sir we can't certify this, the ball doesn't even go from his hand... the animations are all broken, and the game crashes if you..."

"I DON'T CARE CERTIFY CERTIFY WE GOTTA GET IT IN BEFORE THOSE SONY BASTARDS"

mosaic

go eat paint
Releasing a pre-release demo of MLB 2K7 is the best thing they could have done. I know I'm not alone when I say that I want to see and feel for myself that this year's game isn't the crapfest that 2K6 was. Seriously, if my fielders are going to ignore the ball, they better have a hot dog in their hands.

I can't wait to download that demo.

Zep

Banned
JB1981 said:
Does the PS3 version still look like shit compared to the 360 one?

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/...clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;1

Before we get to the batting, it's important to note that the game arriving in March on the PS3 is nearly identical to the Xbox 360 version of the game. What this means is that the signature style animations and excellent-looking player models we saw in our previous look at the Xbox 360 game will all be in place for the PS3. Pitcher windups will be more accurate and true to life than ever seen in the series before, as will the various fielding and batting animations. On top of that, the PS3 game will include all the same features and control tweaks that are in the Xbox 360 game. This is especially relevant for the online game, which, like in the Xbox 360 version, will feature online leagues--good news, indeed.

Zep

Banned
***DEMO UPDATE***

Sike, I lied! but there are 2 new screens out from FMT's favorite website(OS):D

1.jpg

2.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
3rd party PS3 demo other than RR7????????????

:O

GET DMC4 UP THERE BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!

Big Zep said:
***DEMO UPDATE***

Sike, I lied! but there are 2 new screens out from FMT's favorite website(OS):D

Damn you, I got all excited thinking the demo was going to be out tomorrow. Anyway, I liked the interview.

Jason Teirstein: As for World Series rewards, you’ll get really nice celebration cutscenes, followed by the WS Trophy presentation and MVP Trophy presentation in the locker room (and a nice boost to your cash flow in Franchise Mode).
Jason Teirstein: There are 13 total pitching sliders. As far as how many pitches you will see per inning, that is all up to you and whether you decide to swing or not.
Jason Teirstein: There will be rain delays and rain outs. The weather will effect whether or not retractable roofs are open. On top of that, there are weather effects on batted balls.
Operation Sports: Will there be real time lighting? For example, evening games progressing into night, afternoon games progressing into the early evening?

Jason Teirstein: Yes, this was actually a feature in 2K6 for the 360, but I think we did it even better this year. Especially with the overall improvements to the lighting engine, everything feels more realistic.
Jason Teirstein: Yes, both Exhibition and Franchise modes will allow you to save mid-game.

Zep

Banned
Gamespot
Biggest show ever! We're serious! Gas Powered Games' Chris Taylor is here with Supreme Commander, and 2K Sports ushers in spring training with a demo of Major League Baseball 2K7. Plus, we mix it up with Def Jam: Icon's custom music feature, crash into anything and anybody with Burnout Dominator, flip out with TMNT, welcome back Kratos and God of War II, and calmly scroll left to right with Alien Hominid HD. Pretty full, right? Well, make room for coverage of D.I.C.E. 2007 and a first look at Spider-Man 3, too!

The best part of any episode of On the Spot is our interaction with you. Be sure to catch the live broadcast for your chance to ask us questions using the handy built-in form. Plus, paid subscribers can chat with fellow viewers and GameSpot editors while watching the show in higher resolution!

We'll see you live right here, each and every Thursday at 4 p.m. PST, 7 p.m. EST, and Friday at midnight for our friends on the west coast of Europe. Told you! Biggest show ever! We're live and On the Spot!

Hopefully a demo is around the corner.

Zep

Banned
From OnTheSpot:

-Demo coming soon...Brinkman said, "not your typical demo."

-Game could be released early! and to look out for it.

mood

Big Zep said:
"Supposedly" the game has been pushed up to 2/27. People claim to have called their EBgames.

Yeah they were showing it on gamespots show (looks awesome of course) and the rep said the release date is march 5 but possibly sooner.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
rc213 said:
The uniforms move real weird in this game.

Jerseys have installed fans confirmed

mckmas8808 said:
WOW!!! MLB 2007 might have to wait until next year if they don't show me some videos within one month.

I already moved my preorder from The Show to this.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Agent Icebeezy said:

Yeah Sony is bullshitting with The Show. Show the ****ing game already. You are about to lose a customer.

bluemax

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
Yeah Sony is bullshitting with The Show. Show the ****ing game already. You are about to lose a customer.

Sony is still hiring people to work on the Show, do you honestly think it's close to being ready?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Big Zep said:
"Supposedly" the game has been pushed up to 2/27. People claim to have called their EBgames.

The Show comes out for the PS2 on the 27th.. soooo let's hope no communication break downs happened

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
bluemax said:
Sony is still hiring people to work on the Show, do you honestly think it's close to being ready?

Actually, this is news to me. That pretty much solidifies my current stance now, thanks.

Agent Icebeezy said:

MLB 2K6 was a mess . . . but with another year of work plus Brinkman from EA, MLB 2K7 should be solid. I'm sure it will still have room for lots of improvement though.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
Self shadowing looks great.

If they fix the overly fluttery jerseys it'll make a huge difference. It only seemed to happen in some videos though.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
mckmas8808 said:

whoa whoa...the ps2 version still might be the best baseball game released this year. So soon everyone forgets!

Top Bottom