• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the best original song in a Disney movie?

CHC

Song from Moana
"I am Moana"

or "How Far I'll Go" from Moana

So catchy and so good.

Dude the Moana music has been in my head for days now, it's killing me. But I love it, too. Such a good movie!

It's also crazy how far Disney has come in terms of presentation, I threw Aladdin on right after Moana and it's like.... pretty racist?

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
Beauty and the Beast is an exercise in making the most simple of lyrics into something more melodically complex.

It's my favorite.

(Specifically the Bryson/Dion version.)

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Sorry but Aladdin is a powerhouse in this department. It's a tossup between Friend Like Me, and A Whole New World. Simply untouchable.
Aladdin didn't work for me at all on revisit. A lot of the 90s stuff sounds rushed to me. I think when people cover a whole new world they must slow it down or something.

jf DOOM

Probably a dark horse pick but I love Evangeline from the Princess and the Frog.

Also a big fan of Stranger Like Me and I'll Be In Your a heart from Tarzan.

MrMephistoX

Part of Your World...it signaled Disney was back after years of floundering after Walt's dealth and was musically better than pretty much everything before it except maybe When You Wish Upon a Star.

Pau

Hellfire.

/Thread
Even more so if you consider Heaven's Light part of it.

I think the Hunchback songs are the best, and if the stage musical songs had been in it, it would have had the best animated song list hands down.

But the great thing about Disney is that at the end of the day, the "best" are down to personal preferences. There's quite a few at the top that aren't inherently better or worse than each other.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
This discussion begins and ends with Part of Your World.

Be Prepared from The Lion King is a close second.

Wag

American Dad ruined The Fabulous Thunderbirds for me.

I recommend seeing Kim Wilson, sans T-Birds. He occasionally tours and plays with local blues bands, that's when he really shines.

Arguably the best blues harmonica player alive. Great stuff.

Top Bottom